steve

Oud Beginner
Ensar writes beautiful descriptions of his oils, but I have a hard time finding much info about the history of the current offering on his site for oud royale (https://www.ensaroud.com/product/oud-royale-2/) which he refers to as "this original". But elsewhere (yusef royale description) he mentions finishing the flask gifted to him from the sultan, and using all of another flask of "Oud Royale" just for his perfume by the same name. To add to my confusion (or difficulty relieving my confusion) he has several other products with the same name (oud royale 1985, oud royale Philippines, etc.)

The Oud Royale currently offered on his site is such a beautiful fragrance to me I cherish the little bit of it that I can afford. I would really like to know more about it - I'm not even sure from the description if it was distilled by SQ or EO (I think SQ by the description, but it is unclear to me) can anyone shine some light on where this oil came from and it's relationship to the bottle famously gifted to Ensar by the sultan? Thanks for the help I really enjoy the knowledge and experience shared on this site!

steve

Oud Beginner
Hi Steve
I think you'd be better of reaching to Ensar Oud themselves as they don't participate in this forum.
I did, thanks. Will post here if they respond. I guess I was hoping there was some resource(s) I was unaware of that had this type of info.

Arabiad07

True Ouddict
I’ve gotten so many mixed messages about this oil when

Some say it’s not the original
Some say it is the original but watered down
Others say it is the true original. Scent Legends also sells it

I’ve always been curious how experienced Ouddict members rate the original Oud Royale SQ oil

Mr.P

oud<3er
I smelled the original - smelled like a well aged maroke. Not mind blowing but very nice. I think at the time it
was released there were not many well aged oils available in the US, and it stood out quite distinctly.

PR1MAL

True Ouddict
I have to admit - one thing that ENSAR really missed is to create a proper ARCHIVE... with much more info and a full track record about all oils that have been ever sold on their site... This would attract more collectors and give collectors a better feeling.

I tried to explain that idea to Josh, but it seems the Ensar team has no interest... they just do not see the value it seems. And I actually cannot understand it... especially with their marketing approach and how they write up their texts. An Archive would stand out a lot amongst all the other shops and make collecting oils even more attractive. But hey, it is their shop... however. For me it is just one more reason among many others why I do not buy from Ensar anymore and rather support other great distillers and vendors who really care.

PR1MAL

True Ouddict
Ensar writes beautiful descriptions of his oils, but I have a hard time finding much info about the history of the current offering on his site for oud royale (https://www.ensaroud.com/product/oud-royale-2/) which he refers to as "this original". But elsewhere (yusef royale description) he mentions finishing the flask gifted to him from the sultan, and using all of another flask of "Oud Royale" just for his perfume by the same name. To add to my confusion (or difficulty relieving my confusion) he has several other products with the same name (oud royale 1985, oud royale Philippines, etc.)

The Oud Royale currently offered on his site is such a beautiful fragrance to me I cherish the little bit of it that I can afford. I would really like to know more about it - I'm not even sure from the description if it was distilled by SQ or EO (I think SQ by the description, but it is unclear to me) can anyone shine some light on where this oil came from and it's relationship to the bottle famously gifted to Ensar by the sultan? Thanks for the help I really enjoy the knowledge and experience shared on this site!
and by the way... yes there are many different opinions but some swear that the Ensar version are dilluted. I don#t know though. If you want to know more about SQ oils, the palace and OR ask Hamza from the attar store or Nadeem from Al Hashimi. They definitely can tell you more.

AngelicaOud

Oud Fan
and by the way... yes there are many different opinions but some swear that the Ensar version are dilluted. I don#t know though. If you want to know more about SQ oils, the palace and OR ask Hamza from the attar store or Nadeem from Al Hashimi. They definitely can tell you more.
this makes me afraid to buy.

steve

Oud Beginner
if I had read this before buying it I would be too... all I can say is that I wish I could afford to buy more. I really love this one! I like to do a swipe of this and a tiny dot of their juhi jasmine - they are both amazing by themselves, but together they are such a beautiful combination

AngelicaOud

Oud Fan
if I had read this before buying it I would be too... all I can say is that I wish I could afford to buy more. I really love this one! I like to do a swipe of this and a tiny dot of their juhi jasmine - they are both amazing by themselves, but together they are such a beautiful combination
I don't believe I have ever paid for anything diluted from him when I smelled his recent samples I didnt smell much of anything

steve

Oud Beginner
From EO
[Ouddict.com] Ensar Oud Royale