Lupin fox

Oud Fan
How can oud resin dissolve like that. Oud resin should be just oud resin. Meaning the oud wood minus the wood part. Then when soaking wood or cleaning with watwr must dissolve? Can someone do same with Al hashimi oud resin and oud base oud resin?

No agarwood resin doesn't usually dissolve in water. At least it never has with all the other agar resins I have tried and I fully agree with you that it should not.

My point is that I am not going turn around and call out a company like Ensars without definitive proof and others opinions.
I am no expert and I have tried a few different resins and they have all smelled different but have always been non soluble in water.

I will happily send some of what I was sent to a few people here in Britain to see what they think....It may help because I do have my misgivings due to it not being like any other agar resins I have tried.
If a few people on this forum who live here in Britain want a bit to see what I mean about it being weird then just pm me....I will get your addresses off you and post it.....Can only do this in Britain due to postage costs.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
No agarwood resin doesn't usually dissolve in water. At least it never has with all the other agar resins I have tried and I fully agree with you that it should not.

My point is that I am not going turn around and call out a company like Ensars without definitive proof and others opinions.
I am no expert and I have tried a few different resins and they have all smelled different but have always been non soluble in water.

I will happily send some of what I was sent to a few people here in Britain to see what they think....It may help because I do have my misgivings due to it not being like any other agar resins I have tried.
If a few people on this forum who live here in Britain want a bit to see what I mean about it being weird then just pm me....I will get your addresses off you and post it.....Can only do this in Britain due to postage costs.

thank u let us see what what this will show.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh

This is becoming rather stranger by the post.....Oil dissolving in water???
Certainly peculiar at his point....

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Can you make a video showing us what you mean? Could just be a misunderstanding. And was it purchased from the vendor directly or via a third-party?

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Can you make a video showing us what you mean? Could just be a misunderstanding. And was it purchased from the vendor directly or via a third-party?

I cannot make a video but I can post pictures of the resin and the resin in sandalwood.....Have also asked for a few people in Britain to offer their postal addresses so that I can send some for others to see how it is.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
I cannot make a video but I can post pictures of the resin and the resin in sandalwood.....Have also asked for a few people in Britain to offer their postal addresses so that I can send some for others to see how it is.

yes please put picture of the resin and when it is in the water so we can see. Another question does the resin give color to the water?

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
This is becoming rather stranger by the post.....Oil dissolving in water???
Certainly peculiar at his point....

Yes, It is not like any agarwood resin I have had before......The smell is very strong of fruit molasses/treacle with smoky balsamic tones....But It is one of those where I cannot trust my sense of smell due to the nature of the scent and the memories it is giving me.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
yes please put picture of the resin and when it is in the water so we can see. Another question does the resin give color to the water?

The resin dissolves in the water almost fully so it turns it dark brown/red.

In the sandalwood it has put the slightest tinge of colour but that could be mostly the light.

Give me a short while and I will set up some vials with it dissolved in water ect..........I did it in a small bowl before and washed it out so will need to do it again as I did not take pictures.
Bare with me and I will post the pics as soon as I have sorted it out.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
The resin dissolves in the water almost fully so it turns it dark brown/red.

In the sandalwood it has put the slightest tinge of colour but that could be mostly the light.

Give me a short while and I will set up some vials with it dissolved in water ect..........I did it in a small bowl before and washed it out so will need to do it again as I did not take pictures.
Bare with me and I will post the pics as soon as I have sorted it out.
Wow this is more like of some sugar molases than resin

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
When you burn this do u get alot of smoke and the residu become like burnt suggar?

I have not yet burned it on charcoal. On the sub it heated like resin does and did not smell like burned sugar. Though when I found it was water soluble I added some water to it before it started to burn, so that it would keep its scent longer and
worked like a water bath. So it may have if I had left it get to that stage.

Have not had much time to test all these things yet as I have been busy testing some incense recipes.
I will put some on now, on the sub and charcoal, whilst I wait for the stuff in my vials to dissolve.....I will let you know.

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Ok so I just tried it on the sub....Put on highest setting to get to it and it does not smell right when heated all the way. It smells like burnt sugar. I am actually really disappointed and shocked.

This was the first time I had not tested something straight away the second I got it but it smelled nice and tasted right so I put it aside for the last 2 weeks as I was busy.
You don't expect that from a company that is constantly claiming the best with no adutleration.

Just got round to testing it today with you guys and you have seen my results as I had them.

The smell was convincing so they must have worked on making it smell good enough to fool, and if you check the website they go on about the smell being more fruity balsamic, smokey and fully pure so will smell and act slightly different to their other resin.
This seems contrived now given the results.

Should I message them and ask what is going on?
It came direct from ensar not a 3rd party seller.
They even messaged me to update that they were listing it because I was asking if they were going to have/do more resin.
Looks very bad for them and cost me $596 for 20 grams.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Ok so I just tried it on the sub....Put on highest setting to get to it and it does not smell right when heated all the way. It smells like burnt sugar. I am actually really disappointed and shocked.

This was the first time I had not tested something straight away the second I got it but it smelled nice and tasted right so I put it aside for the last 2 weeks as I was busy.
You don't expect that from a company that is constantly claiming the best with no adutleration.

Just got round to testing it today with you guys and you have seen my results as I had them.

The smell was convincing so they must have worked on making it smell good enough to fool, and if you check the website they go on about the smell being more fruity balsamic, smokey and fully pure so will smell and act slightly different to their other resin.

They even messaged me to update that they were listing it because I was asking if they were going to have/do more resin.

Sorry to hear this happen to u brother. But from ur discriptions i suspect it is molases in it as u said sugar based stuff to replicate resin. This is not good at all

Abu Amir

True Ouddict

this is so bad becuse u loose money people buy this shit and think its real wish makes the real good vendors bad becuse many think resin are in the way that u have now experince from. This is so damaging for the good vendors and customers

Lupin fox

Oud Fan
Sorry to hear this happen to u brother. But from ur discriptions i suspect it is molases in it as u said sugar based stuff to replicate resin. This is not good at all

No it is not and thank you for being here for this crazyness.

Had this of been from some random I would not have been surprised but from someone with such a big reputation in the oud world....Madness.

It is not just me buying from someone without reputation but me being fooled by someone who has the rep and the ability to do it to many others as well.
I don't understand why they would risk their rep like that. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think I will have to contact them about it to find out more.

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
No it is not and thank you for being here for this crazyness.

Had this of been from some random I would not have been surprised but from someone with such a big reputation in the oud world....Madness.

It is not just me buying from someone without reputation but me being fooled by someone who has the rep and the ability to do it to many others as well.
I don't understand why they would risk their rep like that. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think I will have to contact them about it to find out more.
U know i dont know about any vendors but people make this for money or for an segment they cant master and therfore destroy the resin market for the good suppliers. I saw directley when u said dissolving in water big big warning. I hope u can update us what they say and if u get ur money back. 600 dollar for sugar is not ok!!

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Yes I am just writing him an email now, just trying to be a bit careful how I word it......People always say I sound agressive in writing and that will not do any good.
Tell them becuse u try to blend with ur sandelwood oils and becuse it is not resin this have damaged ut oils and u also want them to cover the cost for that. This shit is not acceptible