Equador Palo Santo + Alberta Wild Rose

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Jun 18, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

The Alberta Rose

[​IMG]
    Better know by its common names, the Wild Rose or the Prickly Rose, Rosa acicularis is a member of the rose family (Rosaceae). It was adopted by the Province of Alberta, Canada to be its official floral emblem in 1930.

In Alberta, you can find the Wild Rose in bloom starting in late May and lasting until early August. The fragrant flowers are bright pink with petals 3-5 cm in size and can be used for the manufacture of perfume.

Grega and Ashfaque like this.
  2. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Very old pineapple palo santo heartwood and Alberta rose ....using only the very center of the log in this distillation or co-distillation the rose is infused into the palo santo on low heat.
    You would be surprised at just how many petals one has to pick for a few kilos sheesh.
    This really is the pinnacle of palo santo oil with a new dimension in its character the rose opened the sacred scent of palo santo to higher heights of olfactory bliss. Here in Alberta Canada walking in the wild one is greeted by the wild rose as its everywhere along all the trails its such a delight to catch the breeze with its alluring nature. I always wanted to distill some but the thought of collecting all those petals was rather daunting so i got some friends to help me pick a few kilos ... its more a test at this level as it only produces a fraction of a gram but it was successful in scenting the palo santo and changing its dynamic. This time the palo santo scent is superb and im happy it did not end in a failure like last time as i should have sandblasted the palo santo as i think it pick up some contaminate after being stored so long .
    If you like rose i think you will adore the Canadian wild rose
    I only have a few mls of this oil as the chunk of palo santo i used was only the best inner heartwood of one very old log. The star pattern on the log indicated the special formation of the resin as it formed over time on the forest floor. IMG_0310.JPG

Grega, Ashfaque, KHH and 3 others like this.
  3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

That's it! Would you please post the price?

tyson, Bryan-I and KHH like this.
  4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

50 usd a gram

Rai Munir likes this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

120 for 3 grams inc shipping , almost sold out

Bryan-I and Rai Munir like this.

Promote Oud!