1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Exotic Scents / Nikhil Review : Rising Phoenix Senkoh Series

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, Apr 5, 2020.

1. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

Here’s a GREAT contemplative video review from Nikhil over at Exotic Scents on Youtube :

Mohammed Nadeem, Bilal and Taesik Yun like this.
  2. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

dang, I need to try your incenses...

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  3. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Yeah people sleep on these sticks for some reason. They are all fabulous. Not sure why they don't get more attention.

RisingPhoenix and Taesik Yun like this.
  4. RisingPhoenix

People don’t like value or quality.
    They prefer to overpay elsewhere ...

Bryan-I, Andrew Salkin and Taesik Yun like this.
  5. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Politely disagree. It comes down to marketing plain and simple. People buy Dr incense sticks bc they are good but they rush to buy them bc they don't have a choice. That lack of supply instantly creates a demand.

I know you don't necessarily like marketing like that but that's what it boils down to. Your store is massive and probably has more variety than anything else on the market for the highest quality products around. But because of that, people also subconsciously don't expect that will go anywhere. Some do, but I think you might actually sell more with less (more often).

Taesik Yun likes this.
  6. RisingPhoenix

Which circles back to ... not valuing their availability.

If I need to play marketing games to get people to buy - they aren’t valuing the products. They are buying shiny marketing.

Anyhow - we can all agree that they are overlooked. I don’t sell bullshit and I don’t sell “act fast”. I sell quality and value. Sadly ... not near as many go for steadfast as I’d like. :)

Bigboy, Bilal, Grega and 1 other person like this.
  7. RisingPhoenix

PS - all my incense is small batch production.

Due to both cost and availability - I generally only make 100-200g batch sizes of the Agarwoods and 1kg of the Sandalwood at a time.

Depends a little bit, again, on the price and what I can get my hands on - but they are always small batch runs and regions folks usually can’t find much any longer.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Sproaty and Taesik Yun like this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

I was a big fan of the Vietnamese oud sticks & the mysore ones. It'd bring back the memory of London too - double win!
    oops, I didn't mean this in the past tense (that I used to like them) -- I just ran out!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    RisingPhoenix and Taesik Yun like this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

Was a great time, wasn’t it!?

Sproaty and Taesik Yun like this.

Promote Oud!