Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Theres been alot of talk about certain oils being adulterated based on opinions and noses but nothing with evidence. The purpose of this thread is to highlight who is able to carry out the testing? how much it would cost? and who is willing to send samples of which oils to be tested? and how we move foward with understanding the results. Is GCMS testing the only or most accurate way to establish whether a oil is pure or not? if there are any other mean please do share them? If there arent any other means how about we try and progress towards having tests carried out and providing evidences for our claims which would be more fruitful than simply what we think based on smelling or what we have heard. Whats everyones view on this? is it worth it? will it be beneficial? If so lets utilise this thread and move foward with having some tests carried out

Abdullah

Theres been alot of talk about certain oils being adulterated based on opinions and noses but nothing with evidence. The purpose of this thread is to highlight who is able to carry out the testing? how much it would cost? and who is willing to send samples of which oils to be tested? and how we move foward with understanding the results. Is GCMS testing the only or most accurate way to establish whether a oil is pure or not? if there are any other mean please do share them? If there arent any other means how about we try and progress towards having tests carried out and providing evidences for our claims which would be more fruitful than simply what we think based on smelling or what we have heard. Whats everyones view on this? is it worth it? will it be beneficial? If so lets utilise this thread and move foward with having some tests carried out
salams habs, i think its a brilliant idea. i hope everyone agrees and can't wait to read peoples suggestions

peter4ptv

from what i can remember somebody mention it earlier Listensclosely have already done the test but not shared with anyone yet, and he is not going to join the ouddict forum.

maybe he is still waiting for BN to open again the oud forum for him to share the results.

Habz786

Maybe listens closely got the result he wasn't expecting, maybe there's other reasons.....

PEARL I think the vendors should release a GCMS report with each oil and take that upon themselves to erase any doubt from their customers. 220$ isn't a lot when certain oils sell for much much more. Will any vendors take this upon their shoulders and actually do it? maybe we can ask them? I have a feeling the answer will be NO but i hope i'm wrong, as for the oils people are doubting that's what i'm more curious to have tested especially with oils like MP e.t.c maybe we can here agree on a oil to have tested? get a sample of it? and work out how we could pay for the GCMS test. If we do a GCMS split between members i'm sure it can be affordable and will benefit us all. Would any members want to take part in this? please do let us know

5MeO

I too would like to see KZ1985 tested.. Am wearing a little on my finger right now and it is really fantastic - though maybe labdanum is in there also? Hard to say, oud oils smell like all sorts of things.. Borneo Adventure 2 is one of the strangest smelling ouds - at first you may not think it is oud..

Mr.P

oud<3er
I love the '85. Would love to get another drop or two if anyone feels like sharing.

One thing: it still comes down to trust, because anyone can edit the GCMS report of course. If a vendor would sell a fake oil knowingly, they would post a fake GCMS. I don't doubt the integrity of the short-listed reputable sellers, and a posted gcms would not impact my decision to purchase or not because (again) it still comes down to trust. The only way a gcms makes sense to me is for a person to test the integrity of a supplier they have doubts about. Maybe some of the vendors should test oils they are purchasing from other producers (I get a feeling at least some of the branded oils from a couple of the vendors, especially the older vintage stuff, were not actually personally supervised distillations).

Habz786

Good point Mr P i think for oils purchased without the vendor being present it should be their onus to be sure they are buying off a trusted source to have the oils tested. This benefits the vendor by ensuring they are buying off someone trusted and reselling, also helps the customer have evidence of the purity of their purchases. With all purchases especially when there is a high amount of money involved a GCMS report would be nice to validate to oneself and others the authenticity of their oud's. without a doubt it all boils down to trust but i think vendors owe this to their customers if there is a demand for it. Mainly it will hopefully put a end to all the doubts, assumptions and speculation of "i think". Im still so curious about the result of the KZ85 it is a very different oil with a amazing dry down that of burning a high quality chip pure incense

Finally i get full GCMS report for Oud Sultani but I will not post it until ListenClosely show us KZ85 report thank you!

Habz786

Very interesting i hope personal issues can be put aside for the sake of Oud and we can be transparent with both results and have an outcome which will put this previous issue from BN to rest. I will openly say im against any group, clan type mentality and this forum welcomes everyone. Personal grudges, issues & disagrements should not be the reason to split a niche community of ouddicts purely for the love of this sacred material. I hope we get to see both results and if one of the 2 oils isnt pure we accept it and move on i dont doubt either so this will be interesting............

Habz786 said:
Very interesting i hope personal issues can be put aside for the sake of Oud and we can be transparent with both results and have an outcome which will put this previous issue from BN to rest. I will openly say im against any group, clan type mentality and this forum welcomes everyone. Personal grudges, issues & disagrements should not be the reason to split a niche community of ouddicts purely for the love of this sacred material. I hope we get to see both results and if one of the 2 oils isnt pure we accept it and move on i dont doubt either so this will be interesting............
Nothing personal I also have report for Yang Terang

jalil

Oud bully
Mandeel AlMandeel said:
Finally i get full GCMS report for Oud Sultani but I will not post it until ListenClosely show us KZ85 report thank you!
Are you shure he is already in the game?

jalil

Oud bully
Mandeel AlMandeel said:
are you shure he is already in the game?

peter4ptv

Great job Mandeel, Thank you.

I do not care much about Sultani still interesting to find out what the test is showing.

But very interesting about Yang Terang this is one of the only 2 oils I have from Agar Aura and as I said before I stop buying from Agar Aura because of the poor performance compare to any other oils.

The 2 oils have very nice smell but compare to any other oils I have they last less than 1/3th of what any other oils last on my skin (using my regular wear one swipe under the chin) usually with most oils I smell the cloudy aura around my head for at least 7 on some oils even over 10 hours the 2 oils I have from Agar Aura there is nothing to smell after hour to hour and a half. What is interesting that my other oil is a Burmese almost identical to the Burmese I have from Imperial Oud I think most likely same distiller, and still have very poor performance compare to the one from Imperial oud.

And I am sure that is not this 2 oils because I have some other people in PM mentioning about the poor performance of Agar Aura oils, there was even some people mentioning about that on the Agar Aura web site reviews here is one I found recently but I have read more than one on their web site about the performance. Here is from the web site:

<<<<<<<<<< Initially I found your oils to be light when compared to others in terms of performance, when in fact I now believe the contrary and that's because it's what I feel is your distinct signature. Your oils have a piercing sterility, an uncanny cleanliness...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well maybe the Agar Aura oils are one of a kind and as person is saying: piercing sterility, an uncanny cleanliness is the reason for poor performance, but even they have the best smell and piercing sterility definitely not for me if I pay so much money and cannot smell anything after an hour.

Well Mandeel, I will be waiting about the report of Yang Terang maybe it will give me some more light on the issue.

Agar Aura presents Ouddicts with an alternative and high note modern techniques of distillation. It is very interesting to experience "more" of what an Oud can be. When I uncap bottles like Sumatora Jinkoh and Inderapura Encens, there are these Oudy notes that are some of the Best notes I ever smelled. Unfortunately they are joined by so many more notes, that I feel like I'm in a chemical lab from out of this world. So the sum of what's in the oil is hard to enjoy, in the classic way of Oud appreciation. But not all of AA oils are done this way.

peter4ptv

Oudamber, you are totally right about the agar aura oils they are done. In a special new way and I notice that smelling yang terang directly on my hand the notes are so pristine and nice all over not your typical oil smell also on hand sniffing directly it last as most oils, the problem I have is when I wear my usual way full swipe under the chin the aura it creates is just as your typical Malaysian oil smell but the problem for me is tha did not last more than 1 to 2 hours top compare to 7 10 or more hours with other oils.

and yes yang terang have one of the best pristine oudy smell but to ynjoy all that I need to snuff my hand all day long and don't like this way of using my oud.

one of the main reasons I moved from colognes to the oud oils is after I found with just one swipe under the chin oud oils are creating that magical aura around you for a very long time I can smell it with every breath I take and is very personal so the other people cannot smell you, the colognes are the other way around with me, not matter how I use the colognes I cannot smell anything after an hour very few colognes can smell longer and I have some strong old school colognes that people are asking about the smell even after more than 10 hours since I spry the cologne