KHH

Oud Beginner
What gives or causes the rubber/petroleum note in some ouds? Is it soak time, variety, rubber fittings being used during distillation, stainless steel, region, wild or non?

oh yes, I also get the burnt rubber notes in some Indonesian oils i have tried.

Petroleum / dieselly notes i get in some Indian oils .

For thai oils/ from crassna , which have the petroleum notes !!, the distillation process is "tweaked "/ according to the factory i talk to , as their end buyers in the Mid east like these notes in the oil. ( just tried one the other day , opened with typical green notes for 2 hours and then had dieselly notes for the next 8) .;)

Arista life

Just Arrived
Hello Everyone ,

Happy to be a part of this conversation.

WEFIVE group established Arista, catering to the needs of people looking for unique products. The brand has a vast experience in the field of oudh/agarwood.

The company has its own flourishing Agarwood plantation farm and is well managed by its team of professionals. WEFIVE group owns and maintains their own Oud Distillation center and Oud Chips processing unit to ensure the quality of the source which in turn ensures the quality of the standard products to the worldwide customer base. Thus, the group is acclaimed for being the best vendor in all Agarwood related products. Arista plans to create unique products acquiring impactful strategies in the future.

Now the brand prominently deals with agarwood /oud leaf tea, oud oils, oud chips, incense agarwood sticks and agarwood accessories.

If you have any requirement for high-quality oud products you can contact us at 04843312550 / 8943700050

We Five Manufacturers and Distributors Pvt Ltd.
Cheruthuruthi, Thrissur, Kerala,
India 679531.
or you can visit our website: www.aristalife.com

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Hello Everyone ,

Happy to be a part of this conversation.

WEFIVE group established Arista, catering to the needs of people looking for unique products. The brand has a vast experience in the field of oudh/agarwood.

The company has its own flourishing Agarwood plantation farm and is well managed by its team of professionals. WEFIVE group owns and maintains their own Oud Distillation center and Oud Chips processing unit to ensure the quality of the source which in turn ensures the quality of the standard products to the worldwide customer base. Thus, the group is acclaimed for being the best vendor in all Agarwood related products. Arista plans to create unique products acquiring impactful strategies in the future.

Now the brand prominently deals with agarwood /oud leaf tea, oud oils, oud chips, incense agarwood sticks and agarwood accessories.

If you have any requirement for high-quality oud products you can contact us at 04843312550 / 8943700050

We Five Manufacturers and Distributors Pvt Ltd.
Cheruthuruthi, Thrissur, Kerala,
India 679531.
or you can visit our website: www.aristalife.com

Welcome to ouddict Arista life. :Thumbsup:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
https://markets.businessinsider.com...ly-us-64-bn-by-the-end-of-2029-pmr-1028283675

Screenshot_2019-08-23-12-33-21-01.png
Assam Aroma is actually Mr Tajul Bakhshi.

punmaster

True Ouddict
Whisperjungle
I purchased Mysore Sandalwood bead scraps from him a while back, decent stuff, but shipments from China take much longer now.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/284060010347

Doing the math, it doesn’t compute,
and the fourth picture shows
juicy Kynam pieces....
I doubt that went into the pot.
Isn't someone here selling cultivated kinam oil? I'm pretty sure I saw a post about it.
Edit: Not selling , but has*

Mr.P

oud<3er
He is planning to produce one soon but has not produced one yet in spite of some confusion there. Ejayb correct me if I'm wrong. Understandable the "CK" might cause confusion given his recent offerings of cultivated kinam. That wood is really nice by the way. Burns a lot like kyara, although one difference is the end of the burn. At the stage when high end kyara is still smelling sweet and delicate and light and beautiful, the cultivated kinam smells rather bitter and burnt. This is just the very end of the burn when all that's left is the wood fibers. This is where I can truly tell a difference in quality. But for the first 80% of the burn that cultivated stuff is just excellent.

Gary K

Oud Beginner
In my sleepless browsing I came across some wood for sale. Posting here so that hopefully someone can follow these leads.

Here are two upcoming auctions:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/92516122 (London)

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/92452716_rare-and-finely-carved-argarwood-ritual-shell (New York)

I should have thought of searching auctions before. As an antique dealer I was open to the possibility of coming across beads in my travels, never thought of auctions. That is probably because I don't know what I'm doing at that level.

There are many more pieces coming up for auction, but here are several to pique some interest and start a conversation. So, I know enough that agar wood can be quite expensive. I'm thinking that its burning value can outweigh its sculpture value. I know...destruction.

Like everything else, the covid shutdown has changed the way auctions do business. Rarely is there public viewing but most auctions will make appointments to look at the objects. To evaluate the wood someone has to go in person- New York- Andrew?, London- Sprouty?

The process isn't intimidating but if I can help in any way, let me know. Also, since most auctions are now on line, you can search the world over but I would think you would have to show up before the auction to look at the wood. Each auction house is different but figure about two weeks before the auction day for viewing.

Again, if I can help with these or the process in general, please let me know. If you already know what you are doing, fill me in- I always like a good story:Sneaky:

punmaster

True Ouddict
You are right MrP, the cultivated kinam oil will be coming but has not yet landed! I will be sharing the distillation on my Instagram And to @ oudamberlove I’ll be sending you the first sample!
I'd love a chance to sample this as well!

punmaster

True Ouddict
He is planning to produce one soon but has not produced one yet in spite of some confusion there. Ejayb correct me if I'm wrong. Understandable the "CK" might cause confusion given his recent offerings of cultivated kinam. That wood is really nice by the way. Burns a lot like kyara, although one difference is the end of the burn. At the stage when high end kyara is still smelling sweet and delicate and light and beautiful, the cultivated kinam smells rather bitter and burnt. This is just the very end of the burn when all that's left is the wood fibers. This is where I can truly tell a difference in quality. But for the first 80% of the burn that cultivated stuff is just excellent.
Yes agreed. It's really nice. Even makes the mouth a bit numb if chewed on.