Gift Of The Magi 'attar'

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Sep 4, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Perfectly clear first fraction royal green hojari from oman was used in the base of this simple yet elegant attar . I extracted the resin from pristine tonka beans from brazil and added them to the hojari . My version of an immersion . Then just a dash and all that was left of Tiare Absolute RARE Tahitian Gardenia .
    Coumarin's spice with a little almond enchanting the super clear and focused hojari, with just a wisp of the enchanting gardenia . With it being the very first drops and collected after one hour this fraction is super light , no heavy terps here which allows the tonka and gardenia a empty canvas to work there magic . I find great pleasure in the simple things . Albert Einstein Quotes. If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    I think this rings though with scents and blends there is no need for over complication. I think this is done when ingredience are subpar and you almost need to hide the shame of its inferiority . While this is not always the case I see before me a sea of mediocrity , a barren wasteland of chemical compositions wafting though the streets and stores .
    This is about as simple a attar as one could make but its essences are true . They carry purity , elegance , totality and truth . Just by wearing this then these attributes are thus yours by association .
    20 a gram
    40 for 2.5 grams
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/631225259/gift-of-the-magi-attar?ref=listing_published_alert
    The+Gift+of+the+Magi18x26.jpg

Arsalan and Mr.P like this.
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

I enjoy the text / image pairs you often post. I am reminded of some former students I especially enjoyed working with.

The idea that beautiful soul-stirring perfume needs no more than a few truly beautiful ingredients mindfully combined is right-on.

I read these discussions at basenotes that endlessly revolve around molecules and very industrial / technical sounding dialogue. I read it all, and I think to myself that it all sounds very well thought out and all, and I am sure some have got smelling “nice” down to a science, but the industry they come from utterly fails to turn out profound beauty. I’ve smelled so much commercial stuff. Some of it smells really nice, but that’s it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    soulfoud, Arsalan and tyson like this.
  3. soulfoud

soulfoud Whats this Oud About?

Agreed, and I see this a lot with one of my other passions, wine. Many wines are essentially manufactured products that have been controlled and manipulated to the nth degree from start to finish using some pretty impressive and cutting edge science. The results are occasionally good, but for my taste they come nowhere close to the wines made with minimal intervention from old heritage vines growing in interesting terroirs by people with a strong sense of connection to the land and a dedication to the craft.

tyson likes this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Hell yes.

5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Thanks i really appreciate that you enjoy my words and photo pairing . I try to eveoke a sense of what im try to convey with the oils . My grammar and sentence structure im sure could be better but i never really cared about all that in school. All these rules are not of my liking i prefer to not have rules or structure and tend to shake it off in any way its presented to me hah. I consider myself a pioneer of consciousness , and am always looking to break down systems so that the new can grow. I treat my oils in the same way , no structured method only to meditate and listen to the scents and let them guide me with an empty cup. Only the fool knows and keeps his cup full to his folly .
    Cannabis here in canada is almost big agriculture grown and its all horrible , i long for the small mom and pop growers that grow it with love and tender attention .
    Perhaps were seeing a return to this in all ways and people yurn for a deeper meaning and closeness between each other our foods and medicines and life in general . Gone are the days of desiring fast foods and instant glorification and gratification.
    I want my oils to be artisinal !
    Its funny because ive tried to distill for bulk and every time i thought it was trash . When i distill for myself and dont distill for yeild but for beauty of scent im always rewarded with an amazing product . So i thought why would i distill for others and profit absurd i must only make the oils that bring me the most excitment and distill them for myself because it brings me love . These are the oils people will recognize as something more something special and be drawn to them . Hopefully helping them along this path we call life and be a little ray of sunshine apon the senses

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Arsalan, Joyoud and Joe King like this.
  6. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Let put our dollars were this will grow and shed away from the corporations that only serve .1 percent

Promote Oud!