Bitcoin Benji

Oud Beginner
My first impression when just smelling the applicator is that of a calm but solid ambergris as the base, with a swirling of sweet florals and dark wood.

After application to the skin and roughly 2hr dry down, it is predominantly a beautiful musky ambergris with a hint of sweet wood. It's a very warm scent that isn't overbearing with ambergris, but rather a refreshing oceanic muskiness.

Now, I am smelling my skin then immediately the applicator; the contrast is so amazing that I'm shocked it's the same oud oil. The applicator now smells overwhelmingly like an extremely sweet and dark fruitiness, with very fleeting hints of muskiness that make the whole accord insatiable!

Animalistic accords are my very favorite, but the dark sweetness of this one is causing me to branch into sweeter ouds.

The fact that this is a Chinese oud that came from a now extinct tree, makes it all more desirable and makes me appreciate it even more so.

~Benji

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
My first impression when just smelling the applicator is that of a calm but solid ambergris as the base, with a swirling of sweet florals and dark wood.

After application to the skin and roughly 2hr dry down, it is predominantly a beautiful musky ambergris with a hint of sweet wood. It's a very warm scent that isn't overbearing with ambergris, but rather a refreshing oceanic muskiness.

Now, I am smelling my skin then immediately the applicator; the contrast is so amazing that I'm shocked it's the same oud oil. The applicator now smells overwhelmingly like an extremely sweet and dark fruitiness, with very fleeting hints of muskiness that make the whole accord insatiable!

Animalistic accords are my very favorite, but the dark sweetness of this one is causing me to branch into sweeter ouds.

The fact that this is a Chinese oud that came from a now extinct tree, makes it all more desirable and makes me appreciate it even more so.

~Benji

Welcome to Ouddict and a great post!