Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Hitam Qadeem is a time warp Oud oil that transports you back in time, on a journey to the golden era of Agarwood oil. The days of the good old stuff! Better raw material, classical distillation techniques and 11 years of ageing makes this one unique oil. The best way to describe it, a antique Oud oil aged to perfection showcasing a clean yet classical aged aroma.

This is a codistillation of wild Malay malacensis wood with old naturally infected Thai plantation wood, juiced in steel, bottled and left in a dark chest for many years.

The oil is heavy and dark with a deep orange tint to it. Upon sniffing the dipstick you know something old and special is hitting your olfactory senses!

The aroma of raw old heavily resinated wood hits you like the wood itself has been liquidised and bottled. Wisps of a gentle chunk of Malay agarwood sizziling on low heat permeate with a cloud of bittersweet roasted cacao beans. The smell morphs to that of a old leather interior from a vintage Mercedes Benz from the 60's. The middle phase gives you a filaria vibe with deep earthiness, fresh pottery and hints of oceanic minerals. The drydown brings out a lovely incensy woody sweetness that lingers for ages. This oil is truely every Oud lovers dream and lasts hours on end.

I was blessed to aquire a limited ammount of this oil. Once its gone i dont think it will be replaced, definatley one for the top shelf.

1g 200$ shipped
1.5g 285$ shipped
3g 500$ shipped

PM to get your hands and nose on this. Ive been admiring this all day just from the dipstick every so often really hits you, amazing!

0a3c186f39ffdf29a1d4c7f539653016.jpg

zahir

Ouducation Student
Just to get an idea, can you think of any other oils that this one resembles? Either your own or from other vendors.

ayman

Oud Beginner
Think of the original oud Yacoub, Oud royale 85 and kemewahan all merged together...
I had a sample from this oud and I generally found it similar to EO Yusuf Royale (they are even similar in colour), but actually found this one to be cleaner and more homogeneous in its composition

sendnouds

Oud Beginner
I had a sample from this oud and I generally found it similar to EO Yusuf Royale (they are even similar in colour), but actually found this one to be cleaner and more homogeneous in its composition
What is the experience of Malay and Thai oil being combined?

HQ is the only Malay/Thai codistillation that I’ve seen and tried.
The overall experience would depend on the way it was distilled, and what specific region within these Countries were used.

Habz described it well, although I have not tried the original Oud Yaqoub, HQ has that copious resinousness a la Oud Royale 85, that rustic dark woody almost smokey type a la Kemewahan and Kemegahan which only a stainless steel pot can deliver, together with Thai dried jammy fruits. The drydown exposes more of the Thai component, a la Ensar’s kyen distillations.
Basically, the distillation style dominates the profile, making it difficult to distinguish the specific regional traits.

Last edited:

sendnouds

Oud Beginner
HQ is the only Malay/Thai codistillation that I’ve seen and tried.
The overall experience would depend on the way it was distilled, and what specific region within thise Countries were used.

Habz described it well, although I have not tried the original Oud Yaqoub, HQ has that copious resinousness a la Oud Royale 85, that rustic dark woody almost smokey type a la Kemewahan and Kemegahan which only a stainless steel pot can deliver, together with Thai dried jammy fruits. The drydown exposes more of the Thai component, a la Ensar’s kyen distillations.
Basically, the distillation style dominates the profile, making it difficult to distinguish the specific regional traits.
Thank you for sharing. I haven’t really found any truly unique Malay oils that have super unique profiles, except a Taha super high equality new gen distillation. The combination of a Malay and Thai seems interesting to me