Holy

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Aug 2, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

IMG_0683.JPG Holy
    Inkanyezi Mysore sandalwood oil / Wild sinking grade Cambodian agarwood, vanilla caviar, White ambergris, co-distillation of all the above. Mysore sandalwood oil was placed in the small all glass still with the above-mentioned ingredients, and yes I put ambergris in the still :D I think the waxes of the ambergris might have absorbed some of the sandalwood oil so I don't recommend it now as I lost a lot of oil but what did come out the condenser was truly breathtaking . Once the oil was cured I added .4 of a gram of pure frangipani oil .

Cost for this one bottle was about 1000. There was 65 grams of sinking agarwood that was distilled into 3 grams of oil! ,Making it my most expensive creation yet but also the most beautiful, even a step further than the euphoria. I dont think that any ambergris came over but it did add a bit of smell if only traces, what was unusual was that on the bottom of the collector was oil , sinking oil !!. Quite remarkable and I'm still unsure of how that process came to be but interesting never the less.

Sandal/oud/ frangipani, a creation of magnitude, beyond bliss past euphoria, I can only call HOLY
    At 1000 for one bottle i can't see anyone really wanting to buy it but ill put it out there anyway, im just as happy to keep it :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Just amazing, Tyson. I hope someone will buy it from you as soon as possible, so that you can come up with more goodies from that fragrant shed of yours. If I was into distilling, I would've pestered you every day! :)

tyson, Alexander Groppe and Bryan-I like this.
  3. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Thanks for the kind words my friend ,maybe you will get into distilling its a enjoyable art . I kinda want to keep this one but also its nice for it to go out into the world .

Ashfaque and KHH like this.
  4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

1000 Rupees. Rubles, Yen, Dollars, Pounds, or Euros:p?

I think it is 1 gram vial, isn't it, dear Tyson?

Arsalan and tyson like this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

its 2.5 grams and 1k usd:D Kinda crazy really , maybe a bit over 2.5 grams i filled it all the way to the top

KHH and Rai Munir like this.
  6. Oud Indigo

Oud Indigo Whats this Oud About?

Hello Tyson,

What is the name of your perfumery on ETSY?

thanks

tyson likes this.
  7. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

8. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Congrats @tyson a bit more than 4 % yield with agarwood is indeed a miracle :eek::eek::eek: !

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    KHH likes this.
  9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

i added the sandalwool oil to the pot with 65 grams of sinking agarwood dust , so i did not get much oil from the agarwood but it did bring over its character / essence

KHH and F4R1d0uX like this.
  10. F4R1d0uX

Ohhhh excuse my poor english deer :confused: I was ready to pull the trigger on 50k wood shavings and give your adress :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Joe King and tyson like this.
  11. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

You still can haha :)

Joe King and F4R1d0uX like this.
  12. F4R1d0uX

Anyway congratulations and wish you all the best for the Holy

Joe King likes this.
  13. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

If i had the money for the best quality agarwood id extract the resinoid and then do a dry distillation on very low heat and capture the first fraction that bubbles and leave the rest ... if you have ever heated agarwood resin on low there is the fist part that bubbles before the resin goes flat thats just this amazing fragrance that sticks to the whole room .. A whole bottle of just that oil would be next level

powdernose, Ashfaque, KHH and 5 others like this.
  14. F4R1d0uX

That would be nice indeed !

tyson likes this.
  15. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

tyson, Joe King and F4R1d0uX like this.
  16. F4R1d0uX

Lol @peter4ptv I will edit my posts to not hack @tyson page

tyson and peter4ptv like this.