How Do You Feel When U Smell Oud And Sandalwood?

Discussion in 'Art and Science of Oud' started by Azzam, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Azzam

Azzam The Alchemist

Hi
    Intresting to know if u feel somthing in ur body and so on when u smell oud and sandalwood, i am curios to se if there are some medecinal effect.
    Type if u there are deffrence in feeling with oil or Wood burning

Alkhadra and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

When I smell Sandalwood oil, I feel my stomach getting activated.

Azzam likes this.
  3. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

To be honest, not really. I've taken really deep inhalations and felt a bit light headed from that, but I think that happens when just doing it to breathe and not to smell.

Am looking forward to trying Agar Aura's Royal Maluku to see if it gives me the 'mind buzz' everyone's raving about. I'll be honest, I'm doubting it will

Azzam and Oudamberlove like this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Sandalwood I feel induces deep breathing, calm. Mainly due to psychological associations with meditation, but maybe due to oil chemistry. Who knows...?

Azzam likes this.
  5. Fahad

Fahad Whats this Oud About?

The only thing that really induces something perceptible for me is frankincense.. Feel light headed in a fumigated room. As for Oud and Sandalwood oil/wood, just pleasurable sensations from the scent itself and perhaps a mild state of more alertness repelling to some extent the onset of sleep.

Azzam and Alkhadra like this.
  6. odegra

odegra Just Arrived

A swipe of sandalwood and I sleep deeper, works all the time. It's not only meditative and breath deepening, more like a very mild sedative that acts on my body. So yeah, I definitely "feel" sandalwood subconsciously, and I really like that. It's amazing.

Haven't had that with oud oils through, apart from appreciation and joy for their aroma. I do feel a dry throat when heating chips on electrical burner, maybe because of me burying the nose in the fume:Roflmao:

Azzam likes this.

Promote Oud!