DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Hit me here in Ireland around two years back. I had paid €300 for an oil but then had another €94 to pay, which came as a surprise. They apply just short of 25% into Ireland on invoice total (including shipping).
It has become quite prohibitive now. This was a EU directive to all buying in fromr outside EU.
UK just became a nighmare after brexit altogether.

Oudicine

Oud Beginner
Hit me here in Ireland around two years back. I had paid €300 for an oil but then had another €94 to pay, which came as a surprise. They apply just short of 25% into Ireland on invoice total (including shipping).
It has become quite prohibitive now. This was a EU directive to all buying in fromr outside EU.
Sorry to hear that…
Well this make it hard for us to order the 300-500 usd ,as it will not be worth it.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Fedex has been a royal pain lately, charging me fees from mesoud orders despite the value being declared as $1.
The fees have ranged from £7 - £20, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

even worse, I got home today and had a letter from a credit control company where Fedex have sold the debt to them to collect....despite me paying this fee on time & sending them proof of it in an email. Really pissing me off
it's fkn extortion IMO

(in the UK)

Hamza H

Resident Artisan
Fedex has been a royal pain lately, charging me fees from mesoud orders despite the value being declared as $1.

even worse, I got home today and had a letter from a credit control company where Fedex have sold the debt to them to collect....despite me paying this fee on time & sending them proof of it in an email. Really pissing me off
it's fkn extortion IMO

(in the UK)

They charge a handling fee often, always ask for this to be removed. Yes FedEx are clueless, even when you’ve paid the invoice they try to hand it over to collections.

Eoin Saad

Oud Fan
If you request the sender to either undervalue your invoice or send it as a gift you can get around a lot of customs and duty.

Eoin Saad

Oud Fan
Where abouts are you in Ireland? I’m Belfast.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
If you request the sender to either undervalue your invoice or send it as a gift you can get around a lot of customs and duty.
Problem with that is usually the paper work may not be in order. Particularly from UK.
Don't rely on this method as after it began failing, I began to reaccess buying policy. Asking the vendor to falsefy paperwork is a bit unfair on them as well.

iori

親月
Is it affecting your hobby ? Because now our country decided to implement import taxes and is about 110 usd, which is really making me rethink how to order.
what did you order ? in general oils is fine, but if they see agarwood depends on the inspector sometimes they let you off and others would say go get import card etc

Joyoud

Oud Fan

it's fkn extortion IMO

(in the UK)
Six months ago I’ve got three letters from collections company (all three for FedEx), I replied that I paid for them but I lost the receipt and I paid again to the collection company ! It’s a scam .

iori

親月
strange, because i never had issues with oils only woods, also if you check with Public Authority Of Agriculture Affairs And Fish Resources the import cards only for wood not oils.
they asked you for import card or something else? or it toke long in customs and charged for ground etc?

Oudicine

Oud Beginner
strange, because i never had issues with oils only woods, also if you check with Public Authority Of Agriculture Affairs And Fish Resources the import cards only for wood not oils.
they asked you for import card or something else? or it toke long in customs and charged for ground etc?
I went to the public authority of agriculture and they made me pay for the blue card, and then gave it to dhl for the clearnce

Bonjt

Oud Beginner

it's fkn extortion IMO

(in the UK)
Same in Slovakia (european union) they are basically charging 10-20 euros just for the “paperwork” and technically i need to sign all the papers and send it to them, the package can be gift or sample with low value, you are paying not matter of what. I cant imagine to order something with high value outside of european union, it will be another couple tens or hundreds of euros.