AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Hi - Assalamo aleykom brothers and sisters...

How often do you burn oud?
I'm very addicted to it hahaha. All my clothes, scarf and home smell oud. I don't always smell it but whenever I get a guest, even if I haven't burned oud for 3 days they will say: mmm it smells oud/bakhour.

For me it can be 5 times/ week sometimes and sometimes 2times/ week depending on time and mood etc.

sami

True Ouddict

I'm very addicted to it hahaha. All my clothes, scarf and home smell oud. I don't always smell it but whenever I get a guest, even if I haven't burned oud for 3 days they will say: mmm it smells oud/bakhour.

For me it can be 5 times/ week sometimes and sometimes 2times/ week depending on time and mood etc.

I love burning the wood as well...i am fixated on sri lankan wood these days and try to burn a small sliver 2/3 times a week after the wife and kids have gone to bed.

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Screenshot_20171004-225349.png

A juicy peice of Walla patta that I burned yesterday @sami ... I love it so much. It smells like happiness to me.

Masha'Allah Akhi @ParadiseofOils hahahha everyday. I will need to show your comment to my wife so she leaves me alone with my burner :Roflmao:

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
If I have friends over for sure I burn , but I don't burn every day , If the Kids are home I burn on Electric , but if kids are not home I use charcoal , only thing missing is the Narghilee - Hookah pipe , just Joking , or if work was super busy then I burn tiny bit at night , I wish I can burn Oud every 5 Minutes , If I did that my stash will disappear very quick , lol ,
( there was one time I burn some Wood for old Guest who never encountered Oud , there was fruits on the living room table , ex cut pineapple , Mangos , Watermelon etc , the scent stuck on the fruits , so when ever someone ate the fruits they would be tasting oud , Wife said " The fruits taste like Oud!!!":eek: ) Hence I only burn Oud in my Office - Perfume room , So it does not go on the Food , Scent of Oud is definitely like Velcro , sticks on to anything in a good way

Sorry for me ranting away there :oops::Whistling::Cooler:

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
If I have friends over for sure I burn , but I don't burn every day , If the Kids are home I burn on Electric , but if kids are not home I use charcoal , only thing missing is the Narghilee - Hookah pipe , just Joking , or if work was super busy then I burn tiny bit at night , I wish I can burn Oud every 5 Minutes , If I did that my stash will disappear very quick , lol ,
( there was one time I burn some Wood for old Guest who never encountered Oud , there was fruits on the living room table , ex cut pineapple , Mangos , Watermelon etc , the scent stuck on the fruits , so when ever someone ate the fruits they would be tasting oud , Wife said " The fruits taste like Oud!!!":eek: ) Hence I only burn Oud in my Office - Perfume room , So it does not go on the Food , Scent of Oud is definitely like Velcro , sticks on to anything in a good way

Sorry for me ranting away there :oops::Whistling::Cooler:

Hahahahahahha i love your posts Brother (f)ish!! :D oud-infused ananas sounds like a hit. I need to try that :Roflmao:

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Like most is mood and company dependent. If doing traditional mon koh with ash charcoal then only when the right guest and right setting presents itself or on a quiet night after a few long days of work and life stuff. But then I usually go 4-6 different woods in one setting.

On electric burner with 1-2 did woods I say about 3-4 times a week

Chip Burns

True Ouddict
It definitely depends on the mood and the company... I use to burn whenever guests would come over ... but as time passed I realized that only a few who had an appreciation for the quality of agar wood that I was procuring were worthy, (the annoyance of people who get over the counter bakhour and equate it to what is being offered can really raise my ire) so I do burn as often as possible work schedule and other life challenges permitting.

Godoud

Oud Fan

Everyday :) and best wood for special occasions

Djohn

Oud Beginner
I have my heater on typically 3-6 hours a day sometimes more.. cheap cultivated wood.. works wells to give my room a nice scent..
More premium wood, a few times a week..I have that on my kinam heater and that same wood last me for multiple sniffs over the week at 0.01-0.02 grams a fill..