DubOudh

Aster Oudh
...reactions....
I have been using Oud now since about four months back.....
I have used quite a few vendors initially....but have settled on about three main suppliers for most of my purchases......
While as has been posted many times on here...buying Oud is very much a "Trust" instinct. There is one particular Oud that I have used but notice that I do get a terrible itch from using it....which is a shame because it has a nice scent. Now I am wondering if it may be an adulterated version of Oud or just a simple skin reaction to it. When I have applied it to my wrists....it becomes itchy ans slightly red to see.

I am aware when applying anything to the skin there can be reaction, however I am wondering if any of the more experienced Oud users out here can enlighten me as to their own experiences with Oud.
Thank you all in advance...

Joshua Riding

Utter...
...reactions....
I have used quite a few vendors initially....but have settled on about three main suppliers for most of my purchases......
While as has been posted many times on here...buying Oud is very much a "Trust" instinct. There is one particular Oud that I have used but notice that I do get a terrible itch from using it....which is a shame because it has a nice scent. Now I am wondering if it may be an adulterated version of Oud or just a simple skin reaction to it. When I have applied it to my wrists....it becomes itchy ans slightly red to see.

I am aware when applying anything to the skin there can be reaction, however I am wondering if any of the more experienced Oud users out here can enlighten me as to their own experiences with Oud.

Not proof of adulteration, I had the same thing with one particular oud, it’s usually Hindi ouds for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Not proof of adulteration, I had the same thing with one particular oud, it’s usually Hindi ouds for some reason
Thank you Joshua for your reply.
And can I ask...did you use the Oud in a particular way as to avoid your skin?
For example on your clothes instead? It is interesting as I would imagine it may be a common enough complaint when applying an Oud/Oil to one's skin. I believe it is only one certain type of Oud but I shall have to monitor it. I usually am ok with natural oil....but such is life.
Thank you again for your experience shared..

Joshua Riding

Utter...
Thank you Joshua for your reply.
And can I ask...did you use the Oud in a particular way as to avoid your skin?
For example on your clothes instead? It is interesting as I would imagine it may be a common enough complaint when applying an Oud/Oil to one's skin. I believe it is only one certain type of Oud but I shall have to monitor it. I usually am ok with natural oil....but such is life.
Thank you again for your experience shared..

I can’t stomach applying the to clothes lol I need to apply to skin, I would alternate the site you apply the oud and see how it works... also keep your skin well moisturised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I can’t stomach applying the to clothes lol I need to apply to skin, I would alternate the site you apply the oud and see how it works... also keep your skin well moisturised
Thank you again....well at the moment...it appears to be just one particular Oudh that causes me a reaction...I have used it on clothes in certain areas and it kind of works...but much prefer my skin....

Mr.Ali

Just Arrived
...reactions....

This does not proof that it is has been adulterated however it does not exclude it. Could be that the oil has more acid from anywhere of processing such as fermentation but again may be cheap additives causing you skin irritation . It is a shame that there is still no reliable and easy way to test the quality of an oil knowing that adulteration is increasing in the industry.