1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

I Am In India , Need Anything?

Discussion in 'General' started by Imran S, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

I am currently in India for the next couple of days. For the Oud addicts based in the US does anyone need anything from India ? Perhaps Mysore Sandalwood blocks or oil , Indian rose , jasmine , kevra or mora oils ? PM me

Note, I am not a seller and don’t intend to make any profit or undercut any file sellers in this forum

Kashi, Dan, Hakim and 9 others like this.
  2. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

What a fantastic gesture! :praying::clapping:

Dan, Sproaty and Imran S like this.
  3. Mustakim Godil

Mustakim Godil Oud Addict-The Beginner

What an amazing gesture.. Btw I'm from India !!what all did you explore here ?

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk

4. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

I am of Indian origin as well. As far as aromatics go I spent a good amount of time with a family owned incense house that has been making incense for over 100 years. I purchased few kg of old Mysore sandalwood logs from them and sandalwood oil. I also purchased some nice sandalwood bracelets
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

6. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Looks really nice. Just hope you don’t have any issues with US Customs on the way back!

Kabir Attars and Mustakim Godil like this.
  7. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

Are there any restrictions on importing sandalwood?

Kabir Attars likes this.
  8. Ouddict

I know there are restrictions from the Indian government for exporting sandalwood - not exactly sure how it operates. As for the USA, leaving aside the issue of CITES, from memory I believe that any importation of plant material into the US requires a photosanitary certificate at least. This is in order to prevent the spread of non-native diseases and pests. The EU operate a similar policy.

Now if you have a small amount - say a few hundred grams at most - you can probably get in undetected. Not that I am in anyway advising you to do that or violate customs rules or any regulations of course. But when you’re talking kilos, it’s another proposition as it’s far easier for customs to detect. Maybe one of the vendors who knows about US regulations can chime in if they see fit?

9. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

Thanks , this is helpful
    I was also able to get hold of some pharmaceutical grade Kashmer camphor , it’s amazing, better than the Borneo

Taesik Yun and Ouddict like this.
  10. Ouddict

I’ve just checked and Indian sandalwood does not appear to be on the CITES Appendices. Sandalwood from East Africa is on there. Maybe someone can clarify why. I know the Indian government has strict rules regarding its export though.

For reference:

D9E5E8AB-6605-46C3-BF7C-D738B442554D.jpeg
    05EA0451-7B77-4573-ADB9-B7F837AD73FB.jpeg
    8486AD87-34C5-4A71-97D2-34DCC54847A0.jpeg
    41D2340A-9547-4CD8-8D71-88A09374B505.jpeg

Maybe it would be easier for them to list the 2-3 species on this Earth that aren’t on the list?!

Imran S and Taesik Yun like this.
  11. Mustakim Godil

Mustakim Godil Oud Addict-The Beginner

Oh wow that's great!! Where is this incense house located bhai ?

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk

12. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

Pune

13. zakinkazi

zakinkazi Whats this Oud About?

Brother Imran will you please let me know the address of that incense shop so I can also try to visit as I am here in india aswell and will fly to new Zealand next week inshaallah.
    If it's ok with you will you please share their contact details.
    Jazakallah

14. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Whats this Oud About?

@Imran S - Im sure many would like to visit this family owned store in Pune. Why don't you share the location with us?
    @zakinkazi I wish I had seen this post earlier, I was in NZ visiting family, just got back to Kuwait 2 weeks ago. Maybe we can meet next time I come to NZ, we could swipe and chill ;)

15. zakinkazi

zakinkazi Whats this Oud About?

Broher Nadeem you are welcome any time whenever u visit nz inshallah. Also Brother Imran pmd me the shop name earlier. Its Vithaldas Narayandas & Sons.
    So i google it and found this website vnsons.com as such
    Unfortunately i couldn't visit shop as I already left the country. Inshallah next time

Promote Oud!