Imran S

Oud Fanatic
Shuju Indonesian Kyara by Yamadamatsu
If you smell up close you only smell smoke. To really appreciate it burn a small piece of the stick, leave the room, walk around the block and then enter the room to really appreciate it. I think this is true for most incense

IMG_9481.jpg
IMG_9482.jpg

Shuju Indonesian Kyara by Yamadamatsu
If you smell up close you only smell smoke. To really appreciate it burn a small piece of the stick, leave the room, walk around the block and then enter the room to really appreciate it. I think this is true for most incense

View attachment 10643View attachment 10642
Awesome!!
I missed out on a box,
the Shuju Kyara is discontinued and no longer available.
Wish I had a box:rolleyes:

Today.....
Lit Kyarazen Tonga Sandalroot
I wish I could get more.....
to me....it’s as good as the best Sandalwood stick
and better than most (subjectively speaking)

Dan

True Ouddict
Awesome!!
I missed out on a box,
the Shuju Kyara is discontinued and no longer available.
Wish I had a box:rolleyes:

Today.....
Lit Kyarazen Tonga Sandalroot
I wish I could get more.....
to me....it’s as good as the best Sandalwood stick
and better than most (subjectively speaking)
Tonga Sandalwood Root wow I couldn't agree more .... one of the best Sandalwood sticks there is ...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Dan

True Ouddict
Minorien Rugyen - this is the best Minorien stick according to me .... capture the Agarwood note and subtle green oil Kyara note very well ... but compared to other Minorien sticks this has the most Agarwood used ...

Dan

True Ouddict
Shoyeido Go-Un

Not one of my favorites from the top tier Shoyeido range because the Agarwood and Kyara note is overshadowed by spices and Sandalwood....

My favorite from their premium range gotta be Myo-Ho... that incense is right up there for me

Dr. Incense Assam

The beauty of this stick escaped me when I first tried it. Now....I have discovered most of it’s facets
and realize it has as many as a very good piece of
Assam oudh chips.
Loving it!!

Sometimes, it takes repeated tries to discover oils and sticks, I just recently cracked the code of Baieido’s Jinkoh Kokoh.....now I can differentiate the herbs/spices from the agarwood, but I still cannot pinpoint the region.

Here is an excerpt from Dr. Incense’s latest blog
it makes me wonder if the florals in the Nippon Kodo Top Premium line are achieved naturally
like the “Lingering Charm” mentioned in his blog.

Even more amazing is that the scent of various flowers is simulated, such as orchids, plums and other flowers, but the materials used are completely free of floral components. We call this kind of experience “韵” (lingering charm), something between reality and fantasy. In the view of art, if the fragrance is exactly the same as the real flower, it seems to be a kitsch. On the other hand, it cannot be completely different. It is an illusion or “韵” in your mind that lingering for a long time.

Last edited:
Dr. Incense Kalimantan
Reminds me of Filipino agarwood

Shoyeido Translucent Path
I love that name!
It does leave scent lingering in the air, so I guess it is indeed a translucent path of aroma

and lastly...
KZ Mysore with Saffron
The saffron made the stick goldish/yellowish.
The sandalwood is strong, and the saffron is only in the background.
I imagine that this stick is pleading me for deer musk. I know it would be great. I will have to try that one day...sandalwood/saffron/musk.

Purity

Oud Beginner
Burning some of these mother nature incense sticks.
They're ok but they don't seem like my kind of thing..
Smells kind of earthy, almost like musky soil, lol. I guess I was expecting something more floral.

Does anybody have a suggestion for an entry sort of Japanese floral incense?
Often I like to burn divine flora by nandi, but I'm thinking about giving something new a try.
I mostly have experience with Indian incense.

Burning some of these mother nature incense sticks.
They're ok but they don't seem like my kind of thing..
Smells kind of earthy, almost like musky soil, lol. I guess I was expecting something more floral.

Does anybody have a suggestion for an entry sort of Japanese floral incense?
Often I like to burn divine flora by nandi, but I'm thinking about giving something new a try.
I mostly have experience with Indian incense.

Kyukyodo Azusa comes to mind, sweet and floral, but not rosey nor tropical, it is resiny with florals akin to bulb flowers.....maybe freesias? and a hint of frangipani?

For this morning....
Yamadamatsu Firebird Hojo Red Label

This stick reminds of Kyarazen style sticks.
I get kyara, agarwood, rocks and minerals, and minimal aromatics. Almost like the Shuju series.
Wish I had gotten a box, but the ones available now might be new batches. I am always weary of new batches,
stereotyping them to be inferior:confused::confused:

Dan

True Ouddict
Ken Cannata - Brunei Rose

I really love this stick with that subtle nuances of rose over a typical oudiness of Brunei wood ... wow!! Hats off to Ken to try this blend on a stick

Kida Jinseido Ikuhokoh

I think I’m smelling some musk in it
but I’m not sure.

Baieido Kohshiboku long stick from Kohgen
Very different profile than usual
at first I was disappointed
but now I love it:Inlove:

Dan

True Ouddict
Dr Incense Processed Assam - this stick has a perfect profile of Assam wood on charcoal captured... the vanillic drydown is top

Dr. Incense Processed Mysore

For sheer Mysore goodness
this stick is not “it”
but comparing it side-by-side
with my top Mysore sticks
I can fully appreciate the flavor
imparted by the Saki
during the special processing.

Reactions: Dan
Baieido Kohshiboku

Everyday, I light more incense than what I post on this thread. My routine is always a medley session in the morning and night, and on my days off, in between as well.

The One stick that gets lit everyday is Koshiboku.
I gotta have a taste of it everyday:Inlove: