Kyukyodo Kun Shi Koh

Agarwood with a floral vibe and musk,
mostly created musk similar to white musk perfumes, I am not sure if it is plant based
or synthetic, and for that matter,
I wonder if there is a tiny bit of real musk???
But most likely not.

Reactions: Dan
My Dr. Incense Sinking Malinau sticks arrived today.

I’m a bit disappointed, the last batch was much better. This batch has more binder, so instead of Processed Sinking Malinau, I’d call it just Processed Malinau:Roflmao:

Did the last batch burn well? I recall someone commenting that one type of his sticks was hard to keep alight (which suggests not enough binder if I understand right). Maybe they went too far in trying to balance?
You’re absolutely right, he did add more binder than necessary. The last batch had trouble staying lit, but sometimes it would stay lit for quite a while. The last batch is much darker in color also.
But ultimately....you can tell by the smell.

Dr. Incense Malinau again today
this time without comparing it to
the first batch.

It’s a nice stick.
The aroma is not surpassed by the binder,
sweet dry/dusty resin with a floral vibe.

Having smelled a bunch of Malinau oud oils,
I really understand where this profile is coming from.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Dr. Incense Malinau again today
this time without comparing it to
the first batch.

It’s a nice stick.
The aroma is not surpassed by the binder,
sweet dry/dusty resin with a floral vibe.

Having smelled a bunch of Malinau oud oils,
I really understand where this profile is coming from.

Phew. Had me sad yesterday. Still waiting for mine in the mail. Glad to hear it isn't a bad one.

I really wish he would make more unprocessed sticks. Not really sure why the processing is necessary. Comparing his processed vs unprocessed sandalwood, I literally can't tell a difference.

Phew. Had me sad yesterday. Still waiting for mine in the mail. Glad to hear it isn't a bad one.

I really wish he would make more unprocessed sticks. Not really sure why the processing is necessary. Comparing his processed vs unprocessed sandalwood, I literally can't tell a difference.
Oh yeah, no worries, it’s good.
I just had expectations for it to be
identical to the last batch, but when are different batches of sticks or oud oil identical, I should have known better.
The Malinau goodness comes through, and certainly not an over use of binder, in fact, burn performance is better.

Reactions: Dan
I’m lighting a stick of Baieido Koshiboku
from a sample pack that was given to me by the webmaster at Kohgen. When he told me he would send me a sample box, I thought it would be a few sticks, but as you can see in the picture below, the sample pack is on the left side. It came in a cardboard box not a paulownia box, but I measured the weight, it’s a full 20 grams, the same weight of sticks as in the paulownia box:eek:
I guess I “got in” on a sample box normally reserved for big time clientele Needless to say, it’s a bangin’ batch, very agarwoody:)
16AD094A-BCE8-4FAD-A384-4288A136BB7F.jpeg

I’m in incense heaven...

@Oudamberlove
That 見本 on the box means sample or tester products. I never heard about the whole roll though . You must be a loyal customer!
If the box says tester, then they probably light sticks from it for customers to try, I doubt they give boxes away as samples:D:D:D
I got the sample as a consolation because there was a $500 roll of incense that I wanted to return, but they don’t accept returns on opened boxes. I wanted to return the box of Koshiboku Long Sticks (Baieido/Kohgen collaboration) because the formula smelled a lot different from the ones I had. But the funny thing is that months later I had learned to love that stick so much that I really love it A Lot!:Inlove:

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
If the box says tester, then they probably light sticks from it for customers to try, I doubt they give boxes away as samples:D:D:D
I got the sample as a consolation because there was a $500 roll of incense that I wanted to return, but they don’t accept returns on opened boxes. I wanted to return the box of Koshiboku Long Sticks (Baieido/Kohgen collaboration) because the formula smelled a lot different from the ones I had. But the funny thing is that months later I had learned to love that stick so much that I really love it A Lot!:Inlove:

Didn't that same thing just happen kinda with the Dr incense sticks? Didn't like it at first but came to appreciate it? You ever get a stick thats love at first smell?

Didn't that same thing just happen kinda with the Dr incense sticks? Didn't like it at first but came to appreciate it? You ever get a stick thats love at first smell?
The Shoyeido Premium Sampler was impressive when I first tried them. But a stick that was love at first sniff....I can’t recall any. I constantly tried just about every stick I could get my hands on. That happened with essential oils as well. I was on a scent journey of discovery. Then oud was a game changer, then oudh chips.

Dan

True Ouddict
After buying the premium sticks of Shoyeido a year back I finally start to unpack them ...

Nan-Kun

Lovely play of Sandalwood, spices and Agarwood.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yamadamatsu Kyara Firebird Red Label

This stick’s recipe is throwing a lot at me.
Many components, and they do work well together. I feel like I’m burning Tennendo Enkuu, Kohgen Jinkai, and Shoyeido Sho-Kaku all at once.

I got a 5 stick sampler around 5 years ago, and if I could find this old batch, I’d get a box.