Grega

True Ouddict
That's a cool list! Apothecary's Garden is my go to place for resins, especially their somalian or yemeni myrrh is wonderful and frankincense (black is my fav) and dragon's blood from socotra. Have ordered some castoreum in march but have yet to receive it due to ridicolous Canadian restrictions on post delivery.

Joyoud

Oud Fan
Highly recommend Dan ,
Musk Rat and civet is my favourite also I want to try :
Hyraceum Stone and
Skunk Perfume tincture-2%

Maybe it sounds weird but It’s interesting to try and see what the smell of it at 2% !!
(As long as my wife didn’t know it’s Skunk and the Hyraceum is animal feces !!

That's a cool list! Apothecary's Garden is my go to place for resins, especially their somalian or yemeni myrrh is wonderful and frankincense (black is my fav) and dragon's blood from socotra. Have ordered some castoreum in march but have yet to receive it due to ridicolous Canadian restrictions on post delivery.
Both purchases from May and June took only two weeks from Canada to California.
But I’m still waiting on three packages from the Russian Federation which I placed early April, and two packages from Africa since early March.

TDK

Oud Fanatic
It will take about two weeks Canada to the USA. International is ridiculous unless you are shipping DHL or UPS. Lost a package to EMS in customs. Supplier was kind enough to replace at his expense. Looking at international express as 10days to a month. Regular mail as Oudamberlove mentioned is 2 months or more.

I really like Dan's civet. Super nice animalic. His Sweet Castoreum and Siam Benzoin are also very nice.

Joyoud

Oud Fan
Hi friends,
Today I met Dan ( the owner of ApothecarysGarden at Esty ) for the first time after I ordered some items last night and I asked Dan to pickup my order instead of mail it (due to COVID-19 post delays) , he was so generous to let me in to his Studio (Lab.) .
The minute I stepped in I felt my chest expands and my lungs filled with a very pleasant aroma from Dan’s tinctures , macerations and Resins , I was blown away by the setup
And the material all over the place (extremely nice and organized place though).
Dan is very nice person,very generous ,helpful and knowledgeable about what he’s doing and most importantly he’s very trustworthy .
He had a wide variety of tinctures ,tinctures’s materials And Resins (specially the animalic stuff ) , again I highly recommend Dan for anyone who like to try some
Unique and new aroma .
When I reached my home I opened my order box and I found a really generous gifts on top of my order (and let me be clear ; I am not writing this because he gifted me
Or seeking anything from Dan in the future - I don’t do that and never done it before) But I am writing to help anyone in this forum seeking a new trusted vendor , therefore l invited Dan to join our community and join our great vendors that we have here in this very great,friendly and helpful community, and I am sure that we all going to benefit from Dan’s knowledge.
Finally I didn’t try my new order from Dan yet and I will share my impression once I try them (just a hint : one of them is
Skunk Perfume tincture-Full Strength-Natural

Iam sure it will be very interesting blend,
Thank you

Jalal

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
You went for the full strength skunk?!?!??!!
I have mine at 2% and is is horrible, absolutely vile. (Ive never smelled it before)

no problem smelling castoreum, civet or muskrat from the applicator though, but that skunk....ughh. I gagged. Hard.

Could it be used in anything outside of pranks? Anyone used it to good effect?

Joyoud

Oud Fan
You went for the full strength skunk?!?!??!!
I have mine at 2% and is is horrible, absolutely vile. (Ive never smelled it before)

no problem smelling castoreum, civet or muskrat from the applicator though, but that skunk....ughh. I gagged. Hard.

Here in Canada almost every early morning(spring through summer) when I leave for work I smell this horrible animal !
And when I made my order it wasn’t in my list but I was wondering for a while: what if I give it a try in a blend ?! And yes I went for a full strength (I am going to diluted first
And play with a very light dosage at the beginning.
Honestly I don’t know how I am going to that , this thing is so strong without opening it yet. It was in the box with the other items and very well wrapped,, while I am driving home I opened all my van’s windows then I dropped it at our storage underground, next day I burned Oud and Frankenstein in the van !
I am waiting for my wife to leave the house one day to play with it , still thinking it’s very interesting if I use a very small (diluted amount) or maybe I am wrong.
Maybe this blend : Skunk +Hyraceum+Castoreum+MuskRat +Cevit+Ambergris +Deer Musk+Assam Oud = .....just kidding

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
best of luck to you my friend! I'm going to take mine to work to see some colleagues' reactions - I like to think that perhaps I'm a bit more tolerant of generally "hard" smells (Hindi oud anyone) so would be curious if it affects them worse than it did me

I'd be curious how it is in a blend as I guess it would overpower everything. and LOL at it taking over your van. I was reading about skunks on wikipedia and it says the smell can travel around 4 miles!!

Joyoud

Oud Fan
That’s right, if this animal got scared or threatened it will spray that thing and believe me the whole neighborhoods will smell and usually it happens overnight because the animal foraging at night time then at morning we have to suffer this smell .
After all that I went to buy it ! Can you believe that , people buys weird things!!