Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Launched

LAM'AH - Kynam OilE
The Radiant Scent

An oil that contains ~22% Kynam. LAM’AH is a thick viscous velvety oil that can really be felt on the skin. My first impression of it is that it makes the top of your head tickle, once you manage to get your mind off the tickling sensation, you realise the beautiful dark powdery resinous top note, with a touch of the kynamic Sweet darkness and bitter brightness. Some dark rum, dark sweet plums, balsam with a touch of medicinal vibe at the heart, followed by slow heated Kynam flirting with the bubbling caldron of Vietnamese resin.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
What is included in the package?

For every full 2.5ml bottle that is purchased you will receive a sample pack of Super Grade Vietnamese wood that was utilised as the carrier (top left hand corner), a bottle of the soaked wood, LAM'AH and sample pack of the Spent Kynam wood (bottom right hand corner).
kynamresized.jpg

*NOTE* Running Low

peter4ptv

if i understand correct this will be the first ever oil of the artisan oud market that actually contain real kynam, if not count the kyarazen kynam tincture.
all other artisan oils kynam was only in the name but never used any kynam in the process of making the oils and even the kynam name some were just a barn oils.
if that so congratulation to the guys from alshareefoud for this achievement.
and please if anyone try this oil give your opinion of it.
thank you.

if i understand correct this will be the first ever oil of the artisan oud market that actually contain real kynam, if not count the kyarazen kynam tincture.
all other artisan oils kynam was only in the name but never used any kynam in the process of making the oils and even the kynam name some were just a barn oils.
if that so congratulation to the guys from alshareefoud for this achievement.
and please if anyone try this oil give your opinion of it.
thank you.

I have kyarazen kynam tincture but I didn't use maybe only one time lol!

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Some of you have asked about the smell profile, here I will share some of the impressions that we received from clients who did manage to get a bottle and who have agreed for us to post their impressions here;

Before we applied Lam’ah we heated some green kyara and enjoyed it for about half an hour before opening the oil. The kyara wood went through a number of stages- from clear mountain air, to pillow-y, billowey clouds, to cream, powder, and balsamic resin. Although the transition was predominantly linear, there were moments in its later stages when some of the diamond-fine opening notes reappeared. The oil followed an almost identical procession. Knowing that there was less than 25% of kyara used in the distillation, I was surprised by the distinctness and purity of the opening kyara scent. There were seconds when it floated between the silver icicle ping of a triangle and burgundy viola notes, but that singular kyara grace and clarity were as apparent and dynamic in the oil as they were in the wood.

It took a while before Lam'ah transitioned to a more balsamic stage (as the wood did, too). At that point I wondered if the “kyara stage” was finished, and the scent of Vietnamese agarwood was about to take over. But the scent of the oil continued to mirror and parallel the fragrance of the heating, shimmering wood, and only a faint, vanillic welcome seemed a nod from the agarwood direction. I can’t figure out what role the Vietnamese agarwood plays in Lam'ah. If I had been told that the oil was distilled solely from kyara I don’t think I would have doubted it.

There’s been a lot of discussion of what notes constitute oud and although we might label them differently we know what they smell like. I could not smell those notes in Lam’ah! To me it’s essence- head to toe and across its wingspan- is kinam. Maybe I will be more discerning the next time I smell it, or maybe the agarwood notes meld so well with the kynam notes that the agarwood's own identity is obscured by the scintillating whistle and balsamic heartbeat of its ancient still-mate.

Earlier that afternoon a friend described a fragrance he had been smelling as “home”. I felt the same way about Lam’ah. I felt no desire or need to intellectually decipher all it’s twist and turns, or to try to label its glimmering facets. I was completely and absorbedly content to just smell it. To smell it, smile, and smell it again. Once in a while I picked up the Subitism, for the fun of comparing the oil with the still heating wood, but then I’d cozy back up to Lam’ah and fall into its heavenward journey. It smells beautiful and it smells complete. It made me feel happy. It made me feel relaxed. Sometimes I felt incredulous. Always I felt blessed. I never thought I would ever smell an oil that smells like kynam.

But now I have.