Imran786

Oud-Osmosis
Hi all,

I have a subitisim heater and I really like it for burning resins, but I find that for agarwood it makes it all smell the same.
How strong is the scent from the portable heater?
Would you say this is a better way to see the different scent profile of the wood?

Faizal_p

Sulaym.co.uk
Imran

The subitism can provide a very light lithe aroma if you layer the mica sheets, only putting one mica sheet on will heat the wood quickly. When I have Kyara or expensive woods I layer at least 2 or 3 sheets before placing the wood on top.

Hi all,

I have a subitisim heater and I really like it for burning resins, but I find that for agarwood it makes it all smell the same.
Would you say this is a better way to see the different scent profile of the wood?

Oud_learner

Hi all,

I wouldn’t say a better way but a different way to listen to the wood. Subitism heater definitely has its own use and operate very differently from the portable heater. The latter is meant more for fine appreciation of monkoh grade wood and as such it does not really project the scent very far. But it allows very low heating that can really bring out the finer nuances from the wood, especially useful for Kyara.