wardlab

Oud Fan
June blessings as we head into the summer season,

Among the many rose farms, regions, methods of hydrodistillation, and crop quality, it is an honor to offer a very limited supply from one of the oldest house names to ever do it - the Al Gadhi family. A chance to experience what a respected 'house producer' has to offer versus a 'grower producer.' The Gadhi family have private fields (which I can only imagine are serenely lush) in Hada for their distillations (the factory itself is located in Ta'if's Old Bazaar).

"For almost a century, the Gadhi family has operated this business in Taif, refining an ancient but notoriously complicated procedure, mainly gathering the pure oil that many consider the best in Taif. King Khalid bin Abdulaziz, the monarch of Saudi Arabia in the 1970s and 1980s, was rumored to purchase all of the season's oil."

Now featuring around 100 traditional copper alembic pots covered by a corrugated iron roof, the science and alchemy of distillation can be witnessed throughout the generations. Similar to WM's opening (I wonder if commonplace with this season's harvest), yet less quiet and more outspoken, there is a dewy sweetness with an unabashed citrus sparkle, that carries into a deep, tenacious sparkling Ta'ifi profile that dries down with complexity - prominently spicy, with slight nuances of honey & green. The major highlight is longevity - for a pure otto, this is one that carries for a while on skin (relatively speaking for ottos in general 😆).

1ml (in sample vial) - $110 shipped via USPS Priority to CONUS customers. Add shipping for international.

2.5ml (in quarter tola w/glass applicator) - $200 shipped via USPS Priority to CONUS customers. Add shipping for international.

If you are an international customer, please check your local laws & regulations to make sure your oil may arrive safely.

I accept PayPal at this time, please send me a DM to order.

Thank you all & fragrant regards 🌸🌹🌺

Last edited:

joud

Oud Fan
I don't have a lot of experience with rose oils, but I have had ASQ Taif Rose edp before. My apologies for the compare/constrast with an edp, but it's all I've got to go on. I enjoyed it enough to seek out Ta'if rose oil which I had heard of before but never experienced. In my youth many rose fragrances I was exposed to were to me pretty gnarly and off-putting -- images of grandmothers and moth balls come to mind. I recently had the good fortune to get my hands on this oil and I'm so happy that I did. I've already layered it with probably five different Ouds and I've been happy with the results. On its own it is potent, unfurling into a deeper and rosier rose minute by minute. Very impressed with this oil -- it screams quality and beauty in a dignified way. I want to thank @wardlab for the very generous samplings of wood, too!

wardlab

Oud Fan
Thank you for the kind review! Subhan Allah, speaking to several Sheikhs in Ta'if, they have not seen so much rain in nearly 40 years or more. It is a once in a lifetime event, and I am very respectful of this year's harvest. Like we discussed, the result of what you are smelling are generations of wisdom in selecting premier cultivators and artistry in distillation. The Al Gadhi family have been doing this for a very long time, and they are outstanding at what they do, Alhamdulillah.

I am also happy you enjoy the wood - some of you may know that I am not a fan of wearing oud oil / attars (only otto or floral extracts) but am ADDICTED to heating wood on the sub.

Insha Allah I am in the process of trying my hardest to get this year's Shafa inbound which I am beyond excited to lay my nose on. Will keep all of you loved ones posted. ❤️🌹🌸