MattiasOud

Just Arrived
I need professional help here I have ordered 500g Vanatu Sandalwood oil and im planning to do sevral macerations I need help with ratios.
200g oil to ??g powdered swedish castor glands (eurasian beaver, Castor fiber)
100g oil to ??g super negin or kashmiri saffron or maybe 50/50?
50g oil to ??g hyraceum in powderform
50g oil to ??g grey ambergris
Then I want to do deermusk maceration with Bangladeshi sandalwood oil 20ml and also need a honest seller of deermusk grains.
Thank you very much //Mattias

Mr.P

oud<3er
You have a good source for Vanuatu oil? How is the scent? I have smelled some Vanuatu oil that is like burnt rubber or something but eventually smells nice when the rub her smell dissipates. I actually feel good vanuatu or australian sandalwood oil has a special affinity as an oil to macerate musk in.

MattiasOud

Just Arrived
Actually this purchase I made is a blind buy and I dont know how the smell is its destilled in australia. only smelled santalum album from mysore and bangladesh and other places and santalum spicata from australia not santalum austrocaledonicum from Vanuatu.

Kabir Attars

OudSufi
What is the best sandalwood to Marcerate Ambergris in(example Mysore sweet creamy, East Indian?, Australian dusty woody, Sri Lankan?)
I have black, brown and white any help from all members are welcome
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
What is the best sandalwood to Marcerate Ambergris in(example Mysore sweet creamy, East Indian?, Australian dusty woody, Sri Lankan?)
I have black, brown and white any help from all members are welcome
Thanks in advance.
To-date one of the most astounding results I have gotten from sandalwood and ambergris was a lovely
Aged Tongan sandal oil I bought from @Hamza H .
It is now nearly two years macerating and has a most wonderful clean sea air note with a fresh creamy nutty twist going on.
Honestly....I can almost hear sea gulls screeching when I sniff the bottle. I want to open it fully but I feel it's benefitting for now if I leave well enough alone for now.
But it's so tempting....🥴