1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Majid Iterji - Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Moe Ab, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Moe Ab

Moe Ab Whats this Oud About?

Hi Guys,

Have you tried Oud from Majid Iterji?
    Im really impressed by his products and amazing prices. I purchased 4 Oils from him ( Cambodian Koh Kong, Ancient Trat, Pure Thailand, Pure Prachin ) and im happy with all of them.

Please share your opinions - experiences about the vendor.

Regards,

Imran S and Hakim like this.
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

I was sold synthetic musk and ambergris oil that was labeled as 100% pure musk and sandalwood. Both were very obviously poor quality imitations. I purchased directly from Majid. From my experience, they are charlatans. Also their budget oud is they very worst I have smelled - like Ham Firls cheapest stuff - unwearable.

Moe Ab and Ouddict like this.
  3. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Yes, his "musk" is known for being synthetic although I didn't know he advertised them as the real thing.

Moe Ab and Hakim like this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

The ad is still almost the same. Is this a reasonable thing to write about a synthetic product?

“High quality Red Musk extracted from musk deer, dark purplish color, smooth and unctuous to the touch, it has been a key constituent in many perfumes since its discovery, being held to give a perfume long-lasting power as a fixative, it is rare, guaranteed and superior quality wild musk deer essential oil, unlike the cheap similar items which you can find everywhere.”

and for their definitely fake ambergris oil which is mostly clary sage and ambroxan crystals. Zero ambergris:

“100% Pure Ambergris, extremely rich scent, complex, true and long lasting, used extensively in the perfume and pharmaceutical industries”

Sorry to be blunt but if somebody is this blatantly misrepresenting products and we can’t talk about it openly here in this forum then how can we ever learn to avoid fakes?

5. Moe Ab

Rai Munir likes this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Well, a couple of years before, I tried some good oils from them. Last year respected Mr P shared his experience, and I again acquired some new oils. Really disappointing experience this time. Yet their sandal and cardamom and one oud (name I have forgotten) were good. But musk was synthetic. That kind of musk is sold everywhere in the Middle East.

If one visits the store, one can acquire some good stuff from them. The same is true to many stores located there.

I think they haven't developed professional approach to cater online buyers yet. It's pity!

Ouddict and Moe Ab like this.
  7. Moe Ab

The Musk sold is ofcourse synthetic, and I wouldnt trust anybody from Middle east to get the real stuff.

My main emphasis is on his Oud Oils. I really liked the ones I purchased. Since I'm new to this whole "Real/Genuine" Oud World, i wanted to know the reputation of the supplier for Oud oils in the Ouddict Community. I saw some of your posts dating back 3 years that you used some of his products, hence i asked.

Thanks for your input.

Rai Munir likes this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Always welcome, respected Moe Ab.

9. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Interesting post. The forum description says it all really. It’s a place for “artisanal oud oils” and I doubt that the oils of many vendors meets that mark. The forum has been wide open to all and sundry but there is a feeling that it’s about time that we actually lay our cards on the table and make clear what we mean by artisanal ouds. Otherwise the Resident Artisan section would be a free for all market with many oud sellers that one usually finds all over Facebook.

Majid Iterji has never been a supplier of oud oils on Ouddict and given the marketing vs product reality reviews on this thread, he would not be permitted in an official capacity either, but members may have discussed him as other vendors not on the forum are also reviewed.

Taesik Yun and Hakim like this.
  10. Mohammed Nadeem

Mohammed Nadeem Whats this Oud About?

You have spoken the truth Mr. P

Promote Oud!