Alexander Oudh

Oud Fanatic
alaikom alsalam, im sorry i didnt try before that blend from any vendor , i just make my own mix musk & top grade taifi rose is expansive but worth to wait and i will mix it later i use very strong kashmiri musk 2g with 12g taifi rose not anyone do that most of salers in stores use 5g for huge taifi rose amount , well i hear alot of wonderful comment about asaq blends i think dear @Uday Lalan can help you with that

Last ramadhan I get special taifi rose even more higher than mine rose directly from taif when I was there cooked in low temperature by wood to Faisal from IO team but I don't know he mix it with what the oil was super sweet flowery and very long lasting maybe he can help you with his mukhallat try to get sample.

My musk is so strong I can only use .3g of Musk per tola of oudh along with 1g of Taifi Rose oil. If I used more musk, I would ruin the whole batch.

Alexander Oudh

Oud Fanatic
@Mandeel AlMandeel
salam alaykoom akhee mandeel can you advice me a strong musk oil with rose or taif rose with oud a good and ecxeptionel oil

any one try king fahd blend its good oil ? or synthetique comercial poor oil?
I own almost all of ASQ blends. Its all good as the names that are attached to them have a meaning and purpose.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Greetings. I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I have a great reverence for natural musk, oud, and all natural fragrant gifts from the creator. I hope to learn much from you all. Kindest Regards.

Welcome here @Pyrone !
Hope you will spend good times with us !

Alexander Oudh

Oud Fanatic
Greetings. I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I have a great reverence for natural musk, oud, and all natural fragrant gifts from the creator. I hope to learn much from you all. Kindest Regards.
Welcome to the forum. Hope we can assist you in learning more about the beauty of Musk, Oudh and Bakhoor

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Thank you. And yes ,I am a life student of the most beautiful aromas. Deer musk being at the top of that list.

Welcome to the forum Pyronne... deer musk is an amazing scent for sure. Do you have grains?

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Welcome @Pyrone hope you benefit from the forum and share your knowledge. How do people feel about musk in generel? is musk ethically obtained? are the deers simply killed for the pods? Whats Ouddict's views on Musk? Is chopping of a Oud tree equal to the killing of a deer for musk?

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Welcome @Pyrone hope you benefit from the forum and share your knowledge. How do people feel about musk in generel? is musk ethically obtained? are the deers simply killed for the pods? Whats Ouddict's views on Musk? Is chopping of a Oud tree equal to the killing of a deer for musk?

Good questions !
For me I would use musk only from hunters sources who would hunt the animal for his meat and then if musk pod I take.

Mass Slaughtering like I have 3 kilos grains, or farmed deer for pods and said done ethicaly without hurting is the worst thing for me, I would not accept it's like someone would use (I'm sorry for that) my reproductive glands and leave me without it for the rest of my life ?
I'd prefer death...

JohnH

True Ouddict
I don't use musk or civet for ethical reasons, no matter how it is obtained. I don't think that the cutting down of a tree is equal to the killing of a sentient being but I recognise the importance of trees in general for maintaining human and animal life on this planet of ours.

hedycent

True Ouddict
Me too, musk , no matter how it is obtained is a major turn off to put it mildly . Ambergris and hyracium are the only animal products that I will think about using as they have zero impact on the animals in question.
I have received a few unrequested samples containing musk from a few Oud vendors but pass them on without opening. I do appreciate the generosity of the gifts but can't accept them into my Oud collection.

Musk or not to Musk, seems like a parallel to being a Vegetarian versus eating meat:D

But as always, we need to be tolerant of other's choices, and preferences, and beliefs. So pardon me as I slather on a thick swipe of Musk grains macerated in Sandalwood oil:rolleyes: mmmmmmm

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Im sharing this video only for educational purposes so people know more about deer musk and where it comes from. Please dont get offended if you dont use musk for ethical reasons. This is my unlisted link so only people who I share it with can see it. I hope you guys understand deer musk little bit better after watching this video.

I wont answer any questions about deer musk on the thread so please dont ask because im no expert, just learning like everyone :)

excellent post Faheem

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
IMG-20170303-WA0034-01.jpeg
Smells so musky, anamalic, dirty, sweet and mysterious

firdaous

Oud Kinamic
Im sharing this video only for educational purposes so people know more about deer musk and where it comes from. Please dont get offended if you dont use musk for ethical reasons. This is my unlisted link so only people who I share it with can see it. I hope you guys understand deer musk little bit better after watching this video.

I wont answer any questions about deer musk on the thread so please dont ask because im no expert, just learning like everyone :)

@Faheem Thanks and excellent way to perfume your Yildiz Book ;)