Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Tariq Cambodi 2008 (Al Hashimi)

So, 2 days ago I decided to try one of that precious oils. It has medium dark amber color. And its storage container is a high-recovery vial. All washed and prepared I opened the little bag with the 5 vials. I could perceive some oud scent from the bag but it was just a very little, many would probably say they smell nothing. I chosen it a bit randomly. I placed it on a paper tissue. I had prepared some clean (one time use only) plastic stick with sharpened pointy end prior to that.

I opened the vial, dipped the pointy end of the stick and swiped. And here we go...
(I could not also resist the temptation of smelling it straight from the vial, but I try it from a distance to not put my head directly above it, to not cause any dust dropping into a vial.)

A quicky graphical impression I made using Al Hashimi logo concept:
tariq3.png

Opening... just wow... WOW...

It’s like 15 minutes now. (Due to unpredicted circumstances I have to write this again, I already was writing for a few minutes and 2 minutes after the application, but it’s gone.) So, what I felt immediately after applying was incredible and no words can reflect that. There is something hindi I smell too, some notes I have found in Habzoud Mukhmil, but it’s different, no fecal to me at all. But definitely something that only Mukhmil has from the four of oud oils I tried before.

So strong!!! Maybe because I applied much more than the last time or maybe because... there is some hindi notes here, yes, there is something similar I smelled in Mukhmil, but it's almost no fecal, if at all. I'm not going to wash myself this time. No... There is something already very beautiful here too. However, in the 5’th minute I felt like opening a window a bit, because it's warm here and this is so strong... so overwhelming, like I would dive into a huge lake of something... So what I smell exactly... it gives me this cherry/sweet cherry tree resins texture I talked about before. This mind associations... When you take that fresh resin out of a tree, it’s not hardened yet... and you put it close to your nose and then to your mouth.

Resin-Cherry.jpg

I'm smelling in it hmm... something alike sheep skin, but it’s... no, it’s no longer that...
I’m thinking that maybe this oil is more “well rounded” as some say due to it’s age, the vial label says 2008. I believe Mukhmil was more freshly distilled (5 years aged).

By the way, I no longer read the descriptions of those oils on vendor sites or the reviews. I will just follow my nose and enjoy the journey without any pre-suggestions. I would be even cool with not knowing the name and the origin.

Anyway, going back to the scent, while it’s more soft thing than Mukhmil, totally acceptable straight away as it is to my European nose, it’s more sharp too in some aspect... On the other hand it’s less intensive, that might be either good or bad thing, depends on the point of view.

Oh my, I just took another deep sniff, and it makes me touched a bit. It’s surely something that not many scents or things can do to me... When I’m smelling it, I know it’s not created by a human. I know it’s natural, unlike any synthetic perfumes. I mean all ouds give this impression in some way, but this one... it’s just that... it's so complex yet it is a one, it is a whole and it feels... alive...

Once again excerpt from a conversation with my friend:

"There is something that was present in a hindi oil
but it’s nothing fecal
and almost no animalic
it smells like...
well
no words I find
suitable
to describe it
I don’t know
maybe it’s a bit music affecting my perception
but I’m imagining some ancient temple
in some hidden world
in the heart of jungle
yeah
it’s beautiful
in its way"

What I’m thinking now is that I really need to find a way to make the scent spread in just a little in the room air, and not sniff it concentrated from my arm or other body parts. The skin is making those scent distorted for me, and it fades way too quickly for me. Maybe just a few hours. Much faster than what I read other people have. I of course applied it on freshly washed body (I took a shower an hour ago, and I additionally washed my arm just before applying the oil). I’m not sweating (it’s 24°C in my room at the moment) and I did not touched it.

Ok back to the scent. I think this one really has meditative qualities. And although there is something hindi to it I love it. It’ sending pleasant shivers down my spine... it’s that amazing...

PS I opened the window after 5 first minutes a little, because it felt so overwhelming in the opening stage. Like I would dive into a sea of... something. I picture myself diving into a pile, a tone pile of flowers. Well, it could be some flowers actually, I have not smelled any flowers that smell like this, but some flowers have scents that we are not immediately associating with flowers when we think about “floral” scent in general.

So... I could use here some more descriptive words, like a gum, lemon cake, cherry resin, chamomile, tanacetum, a girl’s hair... but it is not really any of those, neither a mix of them. No. It’s unique scent, unlike any other we find elsewhere but in oud. So, if someone who has never tried oud is reading this, know that you will never know unless you try it, there is no other way. One must smell oud to know how it smells.

PS When it’s fading it reminds me some qualities of other Habzoud oils, Zamarad and Dukhan, still something hindi here though... So I would say it has some of the both of these worlds. But again, this is unique fragrance and each one of them is different.

I would say that this might be now my 2nd favorite. 2nd because I would still not use it for creation of my perfect perfume that I would wear, but if it was only for my own pleasure in privacy of my room I’m hesitating.

Edit: Maybe I was wrong about this thing about not using it in a perfume. I just did the first and successful dilution experiment. I poured around 0,25ml of 95% very quality grade ethanol to an empty clean vial and I dipped in it the plastic stick tip that still had some visible oil residue on it, some micro amount and I stirred for like a minute and yes!. It obviously worked as excepted. It smells like... a beautiful mysterious perfume now. The scent is hmm... more sharp now, cooled (though I’m not sniffing it from the skin but from the plastic stick, so this adds to the “cooled” aspect too). There is still present note that many would call animalic.
Hmm... if I dressed this oil a little with a vetiver... O_O ... oh dear...
This is exceeding what a perfume is to me. This is something way more. This is transcendental experience.

It’s half past 2 am, and it’s been 3 hours of the amazing fragrant adventures with ambient music and the mesmerizing cambodi oil. The scent on the plastic stick is still strong, the scent on my forearm almost faded away, it is still present but I need to move my nose up my forearm to find the place, so it’s not that strong any more. As I said earlier, oud oils are fading quite fast on my skin. But it’s time to sleep now anyway. :)

If anyone is interested to know what music was accompanying the fragrance adventure ->

PS I tried it along some vetiver later. And it’s just... amazing... magnificent. I think it’s my number 1 now.

Last edited:

Grega

True Ouddict
Tariq Cambodi 2008 (Al Hashimi)

So, 2 days ago I decided to try one of that precious oils. It has medium dark amber color. And its storage container is a high-recovery vial. All washed and prepared I opened the little bag with the 5 vials. I could perceive some oud scent from the bag but it was just a very little, many would probably say they smell nothing. I chosen it a bit randomly. I placed it on a paper tissue. I had prepared some clean (one time use only) plastic stick with sharpened pointy end prior to that.

I opened the vial, dipped the pointy end of the stick and swiped. And here we go...
(I could not also resist the temptation of smelling it straight from the vial, but I try it from a distance to not put my head directly above it, to not cause any dust dropping into a vial.)

A quicky graphical impression I made using Al Hashimi logo concept:
View attachment 5388

Opening... just wow... WOW...

It’s like 15 minutes now. (Due to unpredicted circumstances I have to write this again, I already was writing for a few minutes and 2 minutes after the application, but it’s gone.) So, what I felt immediately after applying was incredible and no words can reflect that. There is something hindi I smell too, some notes I have found in Habzoud Mukhmil, but it’s different, no fecal to me at all. But definitely something that only Mukhmil has from the four of oud oils I tried before.

So strong!!! Maybe because I applied much more than the last time or maybe because... there is some hindi notes here, yes, there is something similar I smelled in Mukhmil, but it's almost no fecal, if at all. I'm not going to wash myself this time. No... There is something already very beautiful here too. However, in the 5’th minute I felt like opening a window a bit, because it's warm here and this is so strong... so overwhelming, like I would dive into a huge lake of something... So what I smell exactly... it gives me this cherry/sweet cherry tree resins texture I talked about before. This mind associations... When you take that fresh resin out of a tree, it’s not hardened yet... and you put it close to your nose and then to your mouth.

View attachment 5389

I'm smelling in it hmm... something alike sheep skin, but it’s... no, it’s no longer that...
I’m thinking that maybe this oil is more “well rounded” as some say due to it’s age, the vial label says 2008. I believe Mukhmil was more freshly distilled (5 years aged).

By the way, I no longer read the descriptions of those oils on vendor sites or the reviews. I will just follow my nose and enjoy the journey without any pre-suggestions. I would be even cool with not knowing the name and the origin.

Anyway, going back to the scent, while it’s more soft thing than Mukhmil, totally acceptable straight away as it is to my European nose, it’s more sharp too in some aspect... On the other hand it’s less intensive, that might be either good or bad thing, depends on the point of view.

Oh my, I just took another deep sniff, and it makes me touched a bit. It’s surely something that not many scents or things can do to me... When I’m smelling it, I know it’s not created by a human. I know it’s natural, unlike any synthetic perfumes. I mean all ouds give this impression in some way, but this one... it’s just that... it so complex yet it is a one, it is a whole and it feels... alive...

Once again excerpt from a conversation with my friend:

"There is something that was present in a hindi oil
but it’s nothing fecal
and almost no animalic
it smells like...
well
no words I find
suitable
to describe it
I don’t know
maybe it’s a bit music affecting my perception
but I’m imagining some ancient temple
in some hidden world
in the heart of jungle
yeah
it’s beautiful
in it’s way"

What I’m thinking now is that I really need to find a way to make the scent spread in just a little in the room air, and not sniff it concentrated from my arm or other body parts. The skin is making those scent distorted for me, and it fades way too quickly for me. Maybe just a few hours. Much faster than what I read other people have. I of course applied it on freshly washed body (I took a shower an hour ago, and I additionally washed my arm just before applying the oil). I’m not sweating (it’s 24°C in my room at the moment) and I did not touched it.

Ok back to the scent. I think this one really has meditative qualities. And although there is something hindi to it I love it. It’ sending pleasant shivers down my spine... it’s that amazing...

PS I opened the window after 5 first minutes a little, because it felt so overwhelming in the opening stage. Like I would dive into a sea of... something. I picture myself diving into a pile, a tone pile of flowers. Well, it could be some flowers actually, I have not smelled any flowers that smell like this, but some flowers have scents that we are not immediately associating with flowers when we think about “floral” scent in general.

So... I could use here some more descriptive words, like a gum, lemon cake, cherry resin, chamomile, tanacetum, a girl’s hair... but it is not really any of those, neither a mix of them. No. It’s unique scent, unlike any other we find elsewhere but in oud. So, if someone who has never tried oud is reading this, know that you will never know unless you try it, there is no other way. One must smell oud to know how it smells.

PS When it’s fading it reminds me some qualities of other Habzoud oils, Zamarad and Dukhan, still something hindi here though... So I would say it has some of the both of these worlds. But again, this is unique fragrance and each one of them is different.

I would say that this might be now my 2nd favorite. 2nd because I would still not use it for creation of my perfect perfume that I would wear, but if it was only for my own pleasure in privacy of my room I’m hesitating.

Edit: Maybe I was wrong about this thing about not using it in a perfume. I just did the first and successful dilution experiment. I poured around 0,25ml of 95% very quality grade ethanol to an empty clean vial and I dipped in it the plastic stick tip that still had some visible oil residue on it, some micro amount and I stirred for like a minute and yes!. It obviously worked as excepted. It smells like... a beautiful mysterious perfume now. The scent is hmm... more sharp now, cooled (though I’m not sniffing it from the skin but from the plastic stick, so this adds to the “cooled” aspect too). There is still present note that many would call animalic.
Hmm... if I dressed this oil a little with a vetiver... O_O ... oh dear...
This is exceeding what a perfume is to me. This is something way more. This is transcendental experience.

It’s half past 2 am, and it’s been 3 hours of the amazing fragrant adventures with ambient music and the mesmerizing cambodi oil. The scent on the plastic stick is still strong, the scent on my forearm almost faded away, it is still present but I need to move my nose up my forearm to find the place, so it’s not that strong any more. As I said earlier, oud oils are fading quite fast on my skin. But it’s time to sleep now anyway. :)

If anyone is interested to know what music was accompanying the fragrance adventure ->

PS I tried it along some vetiver later. And it’s just... amazing... magnificent. I think it’s my number 1 now.
It is too easy to stay awake really late with some nice ambiental music (some really nice sound layers here in a few songs) and some lovely oud but in the morning you are like:"Why...why did I do it?!" :Cry:
At least I am :Roflmao:
But as a rare treat it is nice.

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Wow what a review :O

I can’t believe that you’re so good at translating smell into words in oud and you’ve only tried a handful of different Oud oils! We can call that: TALENT.

Thank you for taking your time to review the oils. It’s so enjoying to read and the pictures you made/ picked are :Inlove:

And that you loved Tariq after such a short introduction to Oud is awesome. Considering it’s a Hindi/Cambodi mix..Welcome to the dark side :cool: you’re now officially an OUDDICT

Rai Munir

Musk Man
So... I could use here some more descriptive words, like a gum, lemon cake, cherry resin, chamomile, tanacetum, a girl’s hair... but it is not really any of those, neither a mix of them.
Respected Woodland Note, yes, you really smelt Oud, no doubt. If the mind keeps wandering in veg, fruit, and flower market, it means Oud has enormously been neglected.
Inspirational paragraph!

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Wow what a review :O

I can’t believe that you’re so good at translating smell into words in oud and you’ve only tried a handful of different Oud oils! We can call that: TALENT.

Thank you for taking your time to review the oils. It’s so enjoying to read and the pictures you made/ picked are :Inlove:

And that you loved Tariq after such a short introduction to Oud is awesome. Considering it’s a Hindi/Cambodi mix..Welcome to the dark side :cool: you’re now officially an OUDDICT

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to enjoy these extraordinary fragrances. Many more divergent fragrant journeys ahead. :Thumbsup:

I don't think I'm any good with translating it into words, and this actually bothers me. If I could visit one day a perfumer's lab and smell all the essential oils and other goodies and If I could write in English like a poet, for example Joseph Condrad then maybe I would be closer to that. I can write quite well in my native language, but my English is lacking a lot... it actually completely sucks. :p

Respected Woodland Note, yes, you really smelt Oud, no doubt. If the mind keeps wandering in veg, fruit, and flower market, it means Oud has enormously been neglected.
Inspirational paragraph!

Yes, you are right. We seek reference points to pass the information what it is like... but with something like oud it’s nearly impossible. It feels like I’m an Eskimo who never left The Arctic and never tried any fruits, and now someone delivered to me delicious apples, oranges, figs, kiwis, peaches, pineapples... and many more, and I’m trying to describe to my fellow Eskimos who also never left The Arctic and never tried any fruit how it all tastes.... o_O

Last edited:

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
I just was cleaning some space in my room with a spray that has a scent that I generally am ok with. And I was cleaning the cabinet where I keep my oud, and I took a sniff of the can with the oud vials. The beautiful fragrance is still there, very beautiful. And then I sniffed the cleaning spray I was using and... I thought to myself “now... that is a one nasty scent compared to the precious oud”. :/

So, Warning: Once you smell real oud you might be hard to please with anything else. You might even find some scents you were previously ok with nasty.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
I just was cleaning some space in my room with a spray that has a scent that I generally am ok with. And I was cleaning the cabinet where I keep my oud, and I took a sniff of the can with the oud vials. The beautiful fragrance is still there, very beautiful. And then I sniffed the cleaning spray I was using and... I thought to myself “now... that is a one nasty scent compared to the precious oud”. :/

So, Warning: Once you smell real oud you might be hard to please with anything else. You might even find some scents you were previously ok with nasty.

happened to me too, a guy in work arrives before me and sprays deodorant in the bathroom which stinks out the whole walkway into the office, makes me gag every day!

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict

always disliked the fake scents all around us in soaps, sprays, detergents, etc. but now i despise them. ironically i am sure many "regular" folk despise the scent of our oud.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
always disliked the fake scents all around us in soaps, sprays, detergents, etc. but now i despise them. ironically i am sure many "regular" folk despise the scent of our oud.
Dear Rasoul, did you ever try any perfume by artisan oud vendors? If yes, what difference did you notice in an oud/musk perfume and an Oud/ Musk oil?

Last edited:

Joe King

AttitOud

Completely agree @Woodland Note , I have a whole bunch of expensive colognes that have been untouched for quite some time now, and I find I have not much tolerance for synthetic smells of any kind.:confused:
Edit.Usually the only colognes I use now are the ones from Russian Adam (Areej le Dore) which are 99% natural.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Dear Rasoul, did you ever try any perfume by artisan oud vendors? If yes, what difference did you notice in a oud/musk perfume and an Oud/ Musk oil?

a few but not really into it. either i go all the way for something like creed erolfa or vintage issey miake or straight up oud, odd sandal wood and odd creation of my own with mostly oud ambergris.

my musk sandal and musk oud are aging. still too young at nearly but less than 1 year old. havent tried eo 1, eo2... monsieur oud is not to my liking, or any of the respected artisans's attars really. i am tough crowd apparently ;) or perhaps very simple. just give me good oud ;)

Rai Munir

Musk Man
a few but not really into it. either i go all the way for something like creed erolfa or vintage issey miake or straight up oud, odd sandal wood and odd creation of my own with mostly oud ambergris.

my musk sandal and musk oud are aging. still too young at nearly but less than 1 year old. havent tried eo 1, eo2... monsieur oud is not to my liking, or any of the respected artisans's attars really. i am tough crowd apparently ;) or perhaps very simple. just give me good oud ;)
There you are. Oud/ Musk/ Rose/ Sandal/ Ambergris Oils never let one sniff perfume. I tried a lot to wear artisan perfumes, but in the end, they were used as air fresheners in my absence.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Completely agree @Woodland Note , I have a whole bunch of expensive colognes that have been untouched for quite some time now, and I find I have not much tolerance for synthetic smells of any kind.:confused:
Edit.Usually the only colognes I use now are the ones from Russian Adam (Areej le Dore) which are 99% natural.

5 weeks with no spray for me! Am tempted to sell off most of my collection and keep the vintage scents from before IFRA regulations/mass reformulations :(

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
This is what originally has brought me to oud. :) I can't appreciate synthetic perfumes. Around 2 and half years ago I was dating some ladies and I thought to myself it would be cool to smell with something nice. But after digging online, trying a few samples of top shelf expensive perfumes and visiting bigger perfumery shops with testers of those, even in bigger cities of my country here I found nothing that was pleasing me. As a matter of fact I was totally disappointed with top shelf perfumes brands like Tom Ford... seriously? They sell this crap for $300 per small bottle?

So, I started to learn, watch, read and listen about perfume industry and how it’s all made.

I know that one of the ingredients I want to incorporate in my perfect perfume blend is sweet grass (hierochloe odorata), I want woody aspects too and now I want oud as well for it’s mysterious mesmerizing aura.

But of course, I'm not here only for a perfume. I really love natural scents and I've been fascinated with them since childhood. I've been using frankincense and other resins since many years now (8 at least). So I'm not a typical European guy. ;)

Last edited:

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
PS
A new review is coming. This time Kanz Sabah (Al Hashimi). I tried it yesterday, I just need to correct typos. When I'm on the scent adventure I write fast not paying attention to grammar and typos.

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
To be honest, I wanted to be fully back to the Tariq fantasy land XD, but there is so much more yet to be discovered and I can always return to the Tariq. This is the thing with oud, as long as we have the oil we can open that magical portal and be back to its realm.

Kanz Sabah (Al Hashimi)

I did exactly the same ritual as with the previous one. And...

A quicky graphical impression of Kanz I made using Al Hashimi logo concept (this time I tried to make it look more "zen") :
kanz.png

Opening, again... Surprise... Surprise is quite with this one because it has so light so subtle scent... I wasn’t expecting that, especially after overwhelming opening of Tariq.
None of the previous ouds I’ve tried was so subtle. I did like a triple times more than last time when swiping. I would call this xxl swipe. I might have a bit impaired sense of smell today but I almost can’t smell it from a distance. I detect it, but it so subtle I can’t focus properly on it. I will have to sniff it from my forearm directly to smell and to contemplate.

Could it be perhaps that I’m more used to oud after using Tariq and pleasuring myself a bit with the dilution I made for the last 3 days?

Hmm... If I used this one in a perfume it would a backround note... Hmm...
Anyway, let’s go to the fragrance itself... It definitely has something Tariq had and none of the Habzoud oils had. Could it be a way of distillation by a particular vendor? I haven’t tried enough oils (only 6 so far including this one) to tell, but it seems like it might be the thing. Looking at this the opposite way, there was also something that all Habzoud oils had and those 2 Al Hashimi's don't... in other words there is some difference. Sadly I lack the vocabulary to express it though.

This particular oil has something resinous.... definitely I could call this one floral.... Fruity? hmmm no, not fruity... Floral... Maybe a delicate wood.... There is of course the oudiness present... Taking deep sniff after sniff I think about gum... bubble gum (this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_(chewing_gum)) and TNT... Maybe it will sound a tad odd but... Did anyone here ever smelled TNT? Many years ago one of my colleagues who was in the army brought to me a tinny amount of this stuff (I don’t have it any more, just a memory of the scent.) and it had really pleasant scent. Which was kinda explained to me by a teacher on a chemistry lesson in the secondary school. (But it’s probably a bad idea to Google this subject. ;) )

Well, what I can tell about this scent. It’s extremely pleasant, but it’s difficult for me at the moment to smell it, to detect all the notes unless I keep my nose directly to the source of the scent.
It’s floral, it’s elegant. The rubbery note that in Habzoud Al sukar or Zamarad was stronger and more hmm heavy/rough and reminding me of tuberose here is more refined, delicate... Reminds me of TNT scent but... hmm... yes, it’s even way more delicate than that, which makes it very elegant. And it could be an ingredient of masculine perfume I think. At least in my own personal taste. By the way, I think this rubbery/gummy note seems to be somewhat present in all ouds, but it is different in each one. And for the first seconds after application it might be feeling a bit dirty or... musty might be a better word here, but it quickly transforms to something clean, lighter and beautiful.

If I was to put all my ouds in some order by scent profile, Kanz would find a place next to Al Sukar.

Hmm... There might be something mentholic to this scent too... but it’s sunny, light, bright, not even like sweet spearmint but more light, yet refreshing and it’s blending with the resinousness...
Hmmm... To sum it up, it’s a delightful oil, the words that come to my mind are: nature, crystal clear air, sunshine, lot’s of sunshine, sweetness, serenity, lightness...

Hmm... I also think that Kanz in some of its aspects is closest to the agarwood powder tincture I made 2 years ago, but it’s of course way more beautiful... delightful thing than that, and it has a different scent profile too.

This oud I could recommend to everyone, male, female, a newbie. :Thumbsup: The only disappointment is I need to use way way more to get a decent projection/sillage.

The music that was accompanying this one ->

Last edited:

Joe King

AttitOud
To be honest, I wanted to be fully back to the Tariq fantasy land XD, but there is so much more yet to be discovered and I can always return to the Tariq. This is the thing with oud, as long as we have the oil we can open that magical portal and be back to its realm.

Kanz Sabah (Al Hashimi)

I did exactly the same ritual as with the previous one. And...

A quicky graphical impression of Kanz I made using Al Hashimi logo concept (this time I tried to make it look more "zen") :
View attachment 5436

Opening, again... Surprise... Surprise is quite with this one because it has so light so subtle scent... I wasn’t expecting that, especially after overwhelming opening of Tariq.
None of the previous ouds I’ve tried was so subtle. I did like a triple times more than last time when swiping. I would call this xxl swipe. I might have a bit impaired sense of smell today but I almost can’t smell it from a distance. I detect it, but it so subtle I can’t focus properly on it. I will have to sniff it from my forearm directly to smell and to contemplate.

Could it be perhaps that I’m more used to oud after using Tariq and pleasuring myself a bit with the dilution I made for the last 3 days?

Hmm... If I used this one in a perfume it would a backround note... Hmm...
Anyway, let’s go to the fragrance itself... It definitely has something Tariq had and none of the Habzoud oils had. Could it be a way of distillation by a particular vendor? I haven’t tried enough oils (only 6 so far including this one) to tell, but it seems like it might be the thing. Looking at this the opposite way, there was also something that all Habzoud oils had and those 2 Al Hashimi's don't... in other words there is some difference. Sadly I lack the vocabulary to express it though.

This particular oil has something resinous.... definitely I could call this one floral.... Fruity? hmmm no, not fruity... Floral... Maybe a delicate wood.... There is of course the oudiness present... Taking deep sniff after sniff I think about gum... bubble gum (this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_(chewing_gum)) and TNT... Maybe it will sound a tad odd but... Did anyone here ever smelled TNT? Many years ago one of my colleagues who was in the army brought to me a tinny amount of this stuff (I don’t have it any more, just a memory of the scent.) and it had really pleasant scent. Which was kinda explained to me by a teacher on a chemistry lesson in the secondary school. (But it’s probably a bad idea to Google this subject. ;) )

Well, what I can tell about this scent. It’s extremely pleasant, but it’s difficult for me at the moment to smell it, to detect all the notes unless I keep my nose directly to the source of the scent.
It’s floral, it’s elegant. The rubbery note that in Habzoud Al sukar or Zamarad was stronger and more hmm heavy/rough and reminding me of tuberose here is more refined, delicate... Reminds me of TNT scent but... hmm... yes, it’s even way more delicate than that, which makes it very elegant. And it could be an ingredient of masculine perfume I think. At least in my own personal taste. By the way, I think this rubbery/gummy note seems to be somewhat present in all ouds, but it is different in each one. And for the first seconds after application it might be feeling a bit dirty or... musty might be a better word here, but it quickly transforms to something clean, lighter and beautiful.

If I was to put all my ouds in some order by scent profile, Kanz would find a place next to Al Sukar.

Hmm... There might be something mentholic to this scent too... but it’s sunny, light, bright, not even like sweet spearmint but more light, yet refreshing and it’s blending with the resinousness...
Hmmm... To sum it up, it’s a delightful oil, the words that come to my mind are: nature, crystal clear air, sunshine, lot’s of sunshine, sweetness, serenity, lightness...

Hmm... I also think that Kanz in some of its aspects is closest to the agarwood powder tincture I made 2 years ago, but it’s of course way more beautiful... delightful thing than that, and it has a different scent profile too.

This oud I could recommend to everyone, male, female, a newbie. :Thumbsup: The only disappointment is I need to use way way more to get a decent sillage.

The music that was accompanying this one ->
Another great review , raising the bar with including graphics and a soundtrack:D.:Thumbsup:

Woodland Note

True Ouddict
Another great review , raising the bar with including graphics and a soundtrack:D.:Thumbsup:

Thank you. :)
I'm just a newbie to both oud and perfume industry trying... but surely I learn a tad with each experience and I understand oud a little bit better than a few weeks ago. :Thumbsup: