1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

New Incense Sticks And Chips In The Shop!

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, May 10, 2020.

1. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

Several new incense sticks and chips in the shop - including a small batch of “Daily Green” Kyara incense - a mix of Hainan and Vietnamese Green Kyara layered over Viet Nha Trang and Hainan agarwoods. Fantastic stuff.

The Malinau and Papua incense are also burning like crazy in my household.

Check ‘em out!

https://etsy.me/2nEBt3v

Moe Ab, Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Whats this Oud About?

Hello brother! If you had to recommend one incense and one oil (Attar or otherwise) to someone who’s never tried your offerings what would it be?

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  3. RisingPhoenix

Yeesh ... that's a tough one. haha Some suggestions to eyeball :

2019 Thai Blue Lotus Attar
    2018 INdigo Musk (pure Oud)
    Musk Rose Attar (which I'm well-known for)
    2018 TAO1 (most have never tried a pure Timor Oud oil - but if you like Papua / Gyrinops - this oil is entirely unique and fantastic)

On the incenses ...

Sinking Nha Trang (really killer - eeeeeeveryone comes back for more)
    Mysore Senkoh (if you like Sandal - these sell like crazy)
    Kupang Senkoh (if you like Sandal - brand new in the shop)

LOTS to explore in the shop. These are just a few suggestions for a newcomer to my stuff that'll help you get a good feel for the unique angle I'm coming from, and are home runs with pretty much everyone. Super safe buys.

I dunno folks, what say you? Any other suggestions?

Taesik Yun likes this.
  4. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

JK, did you rename Qing to indigo Musk?

For one suggestion,
    attar - musk rose
    incense - the nha trang

Both are great. I had the sandalwood incense too which were amazing but I loved the oud ones

5. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

I LOVE the deep and buttery sandalwood. I think it's the most "full" and robust sandalwood I've tried.

And speaking of sandalwood. His sandalwood sticks are primo. Best in class imo

6. RisingPhoenix

Nope!

Qing and INdigo Musk are both Blue Sumatran distillations, but two different styles.

The Qing series is more Milky (like the milky sourness of yogurt) and the colors tend to be more Blue-Green (Qing being the Chinese term for Blue-Green)

The INdigo series is more Woody-Musky, isn’t milky, and the color is more like Indigo (or baby blue in dilution)

7. RisingPhoenix

Agreed!

A lot of us make great Oud oils.

One thing that sets me apart is not just that I produce Sandalwood oils - but also the diversity of Sandalwood oil profiles and origins, Sandal Woods, and now 2 Sandalwood Incenses (Mysore and Kupang)

I’d think part of the success of my Attars is also due in part to building them on my various Sandalwood distillations. The quality helps them to really shine.

Parth, Andrew Salkin and EJayB like this.

Promote Oud!