Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Staff member
So I have not officially opened this section and will move this thread away from the Oud Review section as the forum has prepared an unrivalled database of 7000+ oud oils, natural perfumes and artisanal perfumes of which this is just the first entry.

Rezwan

Kōdō Aesthetic
So I have not officially opened this section and will move this thread away from the Oud Review section as the forum has prepared an unrivalled database of 7000+ oud oils, natural perfumes and artisanal perfumes of which this is just the first entry.
That sounds epic, nice!🔥

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Staff member
Does the profile of Assam Kinam represent the profile of traditional Hindi with a kinamic twist?

Any other Hindi oud that is reminiscent of this legend?
Regarding the profile, I will produce some more notes to add to the description over the coming months, but for now, having just applied a drop to my hand, I would say that the profile is just a very elegant and refined vintage Hindi note with delicate resins and florals submerged just underneath the surface that are reminiscent of Chugoku Senko from Ensar Oud or Laal Jinko from Al Hashimi.

However, I would not take the kinam in the name too seriously. Ensar himself is on record for saying that in his view, kinam is what he sees as the pinnacle of a particular Aquilaria sub-species and it is in this context that the oud is named Assam Kinam.

Here is a bottle of the Assam Kinam acquired in 2008, on my desk as I post this…

[Ouddict.com] Oriscent Assam Kinam

Mr.P

oud<3er
I smelled that oil but can’t clearly remember it other than it was sweet and smooth and easy on the nose with clear Indian character. I remember those bottles - Royal kinam came in one as well.