1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Other things we're "into"...

Discussion in 'Other Things We're Into' started by littlecrowgirl, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Can we have a thread for other things we are passionate about? Books, foods, music. If there's something you love, tell us about it!

I'll start. Dark chocolate. My very favorite is Claudio Corallo. I used to be able to get it at a local store, but now if I want it, I have to order (luckily, there's one place in the US that carries it. In California). It is the best chocolate in the world. This isn't even an opinion. It's a fact ;) Claudio is a guy who lives and works on his Cacao plantations on the tiny islands of Sao Tome and Principe, off the western coast of Africa. The ingredients in his pure chocolate bars are just cacao butter and cacao powder and sugar; nothing to mess up the true flavor of genuine chocolate. I spend my life now trying different expensive chocolates and being disappointed because nothing compares!

2. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Wow, sounds like some high grade chocolate. I too love dark chocolate, the best ive found in Europe so far is Daskalides and Willies Cacao. Willie is an equivalent of a true artisan distiller of oud, he brings cacao beans back to his plant in the UK and conjures up the most fantastic chocolate, some fruity, some spicy, some dark but all pure. The similarities to oud are uncanny, how chocolate from different regions can taste so so different. If you can get it in the US then try it... http://www.williescacao.com/

RobertOne likes this.
  3. That Willie's Cacao looks great. I'll keep an eye out for it, certainly try it if I ever run across any! I love the single origin chocolate!

4. GLTASN

GLTASN Junior Member

Seems like chocolate made without pasteurized milk is a lot better than American chocolate. We used to get this bar from Switzerland from a cust every year, it was so big it came with a tiny hammer to break off pieces, so much better than any off the shelf chocolate you can buy here.

I myself have 3 passions in life, My dogs, my custom supercar(I did all the work), and my oils.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
    EJayB likes this.
  5. Before tow years I was in Belgium "Bruges" most of store there work with doing candy and chocolate I really enjoyed there and I bring many boxes as gift for the family ...

6. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

now i am definitely stooping for some chocolate:p on my way home

7. LOL, for me nothing better than Belgium and swiss chocolate but I think maybe u can find it easy in USA but there are so fresh ، It is manufactured in front of you and from raw chocolate u can see even the machine working and most of stores there work with chocolate only ! U can said heaven of chocolate lol!

8. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

yes, Belgium and Swiss chocolate are the best but here in the US they are some available pretty much in any store but not fresh like in Europe. i am planing to stop by see's candy for some fresh US made chocolate.

see-s-candies-office.jpg

11_sees_candies.jpg

/monthly_2016_07/see-s-candies-office.jpg.a2d1cb32f792e7491384515c1ea5804a.jpg

/monthly_2016_07/11_sees_candies.jpg.68b333ad9aa4b0dc138be366c62d7328.jpg

9. joel

joel Member

I too love a good dark chocolate. A few years ago I acquired a granite stone melangeur. I mostly use it for making nut butters (peanut, cashew, sesame, coconut)... but recently I started using it to make some pure raw cacao liquor from cacao beans I had collected in Indonesia and in India. I love the pure primal cacao energy. I have participated in a few cacao ceremonies over the years with shamans. I am considering making a powerful cacao brew for consuming before Ecstatic Dance nights at my meditation center in Cambodia. On that note, I have also found that Oud Oil and Ecstatic Dance are a wonderful combination. I find that I am really able to dissolve myself in the fragrance and the movement. I can really feel the sufi mystics spinning in spiritual ecstasy with the scent of rich and mysterious oud.

10. Dorje

Dorje Junior Member

I love chocolate too, chocolate and peanut butter is an amazing combination... :)

As far as my interests I started a high end audio business a few years ago and am currently working on a speaker in the $30k price range. I'm also into Buddhism and mountain biking.

11. Do you have some big fluffy kind of dog? I feel like I've seen a photo of your dogs before (maybe you posted on BN?)! If your dogs don't mind an internet presence, please share a pic ;)

12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

My Favorite Milk Chocolate Bar is the Triple Nut by Lake Champlain Chocolates in Vermont

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  13. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

I have to avoid this thread - I am a (several times) relapsed chocaholic. :rolleyes:

14. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

I'm into mountain biking cross country nothing difficult, food is also something i'm into, i'm usually the guy who finishes everyone's food at the end! Dorje what do you ride?

15. joel

joel Member

I am also quite passionate about the Sufi mystics and poets, for many years it was Leonard Cohen, Fernando Pessoa and Neruda - the poets of Life. Bossa Nova, Jazz and Silence. I have written a few poetry collections and I read poetry, especially Hafez poems, through the meditation retreats.

I wanted to share two newly discovered gems from Rumi:

If you can’t smell the fragrance

Don’t come into the garden of Love.

If you’re unwilling to undress

Don’t enter into the stream of Truth.

Stay where you are.

Don’t come our way.

. . . . . .

I was talking about You,

You silenced me.

I tasted your sweetness

and everything stopped.

Bewildered,

I fled to the house of my heart

and there,

you caught me.

Kabir Attars, MzM, Abdullah and 2 others like this.
  16. Dorje

Dorje Junior Member

17. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

18. RobertOne

RobertOne Whats this Oud About?

I hear you, Sister.

https://www.artisanduchocolat.com I betsies that he's as good as your Claudio. :p

I find cigarettes utterly vile but everyone possessed of good taste in my opinion must try his tobacco pralines. Also, Lumi And Tonka, and, and, and.....

Also:

bbr.com

It's utterly impossible to find a mediochre or bad bottle in the entire place, even the sub $20 bottles.

My other joys are family exotic holidays, ocean canoeing / kayaking, gardening, rambling, off hollywood movies, theatre, hosting dinners and just spending a day out with one of my kids.... more than one gets less enjoyable and more stressful.

EJayB and littlecrowgirl like this.
  19. m.arif

m.arif Junior Member

Gemstones! But dont have much knowledge about it, nor do I know where to start.

20. Kc3dl

Kc3dl Junior Member

Semi-precious stones for me:)
    In fact, I'd really like to learn lapidary skill someday.

EJayB and littlecrowgirl like this.

Promote Oud!