Oud loneliness...

Discussion in 'General' started by Aleata, May 5, 2017.

1. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Hello guys,

I am new in the beautiful world of oud. Newbie but already passionate, hooked : )
    I wish I could share my feelings while I taste and savor an oil or fumigate some chips.
    Really, it s hard when you want to share something that is precious for you and you cant (because you are alone, or because people with you dont understand you, etc. )
    I was expecting my father this evening, at my apartment, before he goes to travel.
    I just received 5 oils and 8 different wood chips (oils : Assam, Kalakassi, Prachin Super, Prachin 2012, Trat Super ; chips : Malaysia Super/Double Super, Vietnam AA/Super, Prachin Super/Double Super, Cambodia Super, India Assam Super).
    I was so excited to be able to share this treasure with my father.
    Finally, I find myself alone at home, with no one to share these treasures with...

2. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Feel sorry for you my friend and hope next time your father could spend sometimes with you and know the hobby that gona make his beloved son bankrupt :Thumbsup:

3. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Thanks Farid, yep I have to be careful or I will have to eat potatoes every month...:Laugh:

4. F4R1d0uX

Heheh :p

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  5. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

I do not know about you guys, but I like to note in a notebook my impressions about each of oud that I savor, every time I savor.
    (Head/heart/base notes.)
    Am I the only one to do that ?

6. F4R1d0uX

I note in my heart book my friend.
    Nice to see you enjoy write it for future it could be nice

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  7. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Well said : )
    Maybe yep

8. Alkhadra

Alkhadra "Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan

I know exactly how you feel my friend. The urge to share your passion, but they don't pay attention and understand how you feel towards it. The people here on this forum, as well as the ones on Gaharu, have been kind and helpful with me. I've been on many forums for many different things, but the Oud forums are something different, as our love for Oud literally makes us illogical. See, in the past if you asked me to spend hundreds of dollars on something, I would have been very reluctant. However Oud is the only thing that I would sacrifice food for, potatos ha? Try Ramen noodles, it costs me $1.59 for a 12 pack. :Roflmao:

Peace to you my friend. :praying:

9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Good point there:thumbsup:
    Spending hundreds on tiny bottles is "insane":Notworthy::Coffee::Cry::Barefoot::confused::X3::eek::hand::handok::handpointleft::handpointright::Sick:
    Excuse me, I meant to say "I wish I had a hundred bottles of insanely good Oud:Roflmao::p:Roflmao:

The only good thing about being apart from Fellow Ouddicts is that they can't mooch off your supply of Oud. Like, can I have a swipe Bro? Can I try your Oud Sultani? Could you loan me a few chips till next Payday?:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

10. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

It would be nice if you could share your writings in the review section. I think Oud being such a Niche especially in the western countrys we all have an element of Oud lonliness! I think if i had more Oud heads around me i would use alot more Oud than i do. I would also enjoy it more as enjoyment alone can get pretty boring hence i always invite all Ouddicts for a all night Oud session :Whistling:

11. F4R1d0uX

Really ? I was already suspecting you to be a crazy swyper :confused:

12. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Owner

The worst thing about it is that you can't wear Hindis to the office... even a bit of Oud Royale No. 1 and people are sniffing the air and saying 'can you smell that disinfectant'?!!! :Whistling:

Having said that, I had a bizarre moment last week when the manager next to me said that he didn't like Agarwood or Oud, but he liked what I had and I gave him an sniff of the most barnyard, black, strongest Assam Hindi I had and he said swipe me?!!! :eek:

Fahad, AbasFrag, jensz and 4 others like this.
  13. F4R1d0uX

Office trick : ouds in vials small dab on the mustaches right under nostrils :Ninja:.

Yes some people dont like oud but like hay smell go figure out o_O

Fahad, AbasFrag, jensz and 2 others like this.
  14. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Sure Habz786, I will ! I’m glad I found this place :)

Habz786 and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  15. GLTASN

GLTASN Junior Member

Id swear Im the only person in the whole state of Alaska that even knows what oud is,lol. I even posted on CL trying to look for like minded people to share with.

16. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Ho my poor friend, I sympathize deeply.

17. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

:Thumbsup:
    made me laugh bros

MzM likes this.
  18. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

I feel you , When I make Compost tea for my Garden , it's a whole ordeal , 100 gallon Container with non Chlorinated water , with real seaweed and Oxygen bubbler going 24 / 7 , and I feed my Baby organic molasses , what I get in the end is the most nutrient fertilizer that has no chemicals with beneficial micro organism that are alive going back on the soil and plants , When my Family members see my set up they think I am crazy , plus whenever they shake my hands , they tell me 'you smell like an Incense factory' now they really think I am crazy , But at the end they are my Family and I still love them, and in Conclusion when they see my Harvest Compare to there harvest , they run and ask How I made my egg plants so big ?, Or why my tomatoes are so Big? , hence I teach them Gingerly regarding compost gardening and why I smell like Oud , and teach them about Oud Gingerly cause it does take patience for any new type of learning or knowledge. Plus for Knowledge I have a saying I teach to my little guys ' " For learning there is always a beginning and never and Ending."& the Saga Continues , If I ranted away to much please forgive & I hope God Willing your Pops would like Oud , Just don't give him Barnyard Oud , you might make him vomit , Trat Oud all the way for sure , nice and sweet , peace & love. :Thumbsup:

Grega, Fahad, Kabir Attars and 2 others like this.
  19. F4R1d0uX

:Roflmao:

20. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

@Royalbengalouds your compost setup sounds great...I composting.

Grega likes this.

Promote Oud!