NewbieOuddie

Oud Beginner
Lathered up on my gryinops 0 sample since I have a half bottle on the way. Such a cool unique oil. I view these super green ones as almost a totally different type of oud - it really breaks the mold and I love it. Green, moist, tropical, incense and resins.

Also finished up my sample of TWR as I have a mini bottle of that on the way as well. Night and day difference bw this and gyrinops 0 - two very different oils. But fun to wear side by side thinking - these are both oud! Wow! Tigerwood Royale feels like loads of leather and suede and maybe musk and dark resin. A very heavy one. Would be nice for a black tie event - that's what I think of. Overtly masculine and very mature smelling. Opens with a tone of that kinda sharp paint thinner type aroma but that quickly fades as soon as your spread it out a little bit. On skin it lasts forever. On clothes infinity.

TWR for me today. It's really interesting on first applying it does have a barnyard profile up close and so I thought the wife would hate it. It actually went down quite well - I wonder if the distance the Oud projects over changes its characteristics as opposed to sticking your nose in your hand?

Lasted all day on my hand and settled quiet leathery (I'm not great at describing fragrance).

Looking forward to receiving my Gyrinops 0!

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Ceylone Royale (#1) by Imperial Oud.
oh, my.

I've absolutely slathered this over myself but it's not super strong. I just went for a walk and took a few whiffs of my arm, and you know that amazing walla smell when you first burn a bit of the wood on high heat and then turn down the temperature - yup, that's it. Right here.

amazing

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Ceylone Royale (#1) by Imperial Oud.
oh, my.

I've absolutely slathered this over myself but it's not super strong. I just went for a walk and took a few whiffs of my arm, and you know that amazing walla smell when you first burn a bit of the wood on high heat and then turn down the temperature - yup, that's it. Right here.

amazing

Agreed! Smells amazing. I think #2 had maybe stronger projection