Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
So, 2020 has been a crazy year and I have not been around as much as I would have liked to have been. The vote for Oud of the Year 2019 was carried out, but the winners and runners up not announced. I suppose better late than never so here are with the results of the votes - the votes are still visible and available for anyone who voted to tally them and check.

Ouddict

So the result for Vendor of the Year are based on the total number of votes cast across all rounds

Rising Phoenix - 28 (Gold Award)

Al Hashimi - 28 (Gold Award)

Al Shareef Oudh - 19 (Silver Award)

Imperial Oud - 19

La Maison Khenata - 19

OudBase - 14

Ouddict

Gold Award Vendor of the Year Rising Phoenix 2019.png
Gold Award Vendor of the Year Al Hashimi 2019.png

Ouddict

We have had quite a few joint positions this year which I think is a good thing as the vendors work hard to bring excellent products to the market and sometimes it does feel unfair to single out one amongst the others, but the vote doesn't lie and I think @RisingPhoenix have been rewarded with their consistent focus on bringing unique and quality creations to the market. Al Hashimi... (@Alkhadra and @AbasFrag) I am not sure what to say as its a genuine surprise for a small vendor who are not known for their prolific number of releases, but I am guessing that attention to detail for every product released is generating a loyal following.

@Al Shareef Oudh are a major vendor and what you see is the tip of the iceberg as they have operations before and beyond this forum and by rights should be up there, but I think they need to relocate to the Northern Hemisphere as it must be tough operating so far from buyers in the Gulf and Europe/US (I'm only half joking).

@Faizal_p, @Faheem and @Abdullah, the trio from Imperial Oud have made a big impact in the world of online Artisanal Oud since 2015 and despite their recent hiatus, they still have a strong resonance with oud aficionados.

@F4R1d0uX... Farid's focus on details and custom techniques has started to pay off with some stunning releases that received rave reviews all round. He is currently offline, but there are many people hoping to hear from him soon.

Last edited:

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Humbled :eek::Inlove:

Happy to have some good company. :D

Proud to have as many colleagues as we have here. Friends I had never imagined having, and am thankful for every day.

I enjoy the folks in this community immensely - many have become goods friends over the years. People I’ve traveled with. People I chat with regularly. Folks I cherish on our occasional chance communications. You all make the hard work worth working hard on.

I’m truly humbled. Thank you all for the honor - and congrats to my esteemed colleagues at Al Hashimi and our friends the runners up!

JK