Tayib

Would sometime like this be suitable ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171020-102426.jpg
    Screenshot_20171020-102426.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 344

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
It probably is, however, I have not heard anyone in Essential Oil industry use this. I'll be curious to know why Argon is not used by EO industry, I know Nitrogen is gold standard for EO and CO but will check on Argon too.
Will check for nitrogen too if nitrogen is heavier then better use nitrogen :Thumbsup:

peter4ptv

for 3 ml sturdy glass bottle, if filed to the top i will not worry about it.
unless you planing to use it after a 100 years................:)

T

Tayib

for 3 ml sturdy glass bottle, if filed to the top i will not worry about it.
unless you planing to use it after a 100 years................:)

Let's say if one uses it and after that 2.5 ml is left over . That Would be different yes?

Alkhadra

"Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan
It probably is, however, I have not heard anyone in Essential Oil industry use this. I'll be curious to know why Argon is not used by EO industry, I know Nitrogen is gold standard for EO and CO but will check on Argon too.
Argon is a lot more expensive than Nitrogen. Almost 4 times more expensive. Nitrogen is also much more readily available.

Will check for nitrogen too if nitrogen is heavier then better use nitrogen :Thumbsup:

I never understood why the Essential Oil industry would use Nitrogen rather than Argon. Nitrogen is lighter than air, which means it wouldn't keep air out. I think they're just displacing air by putting Nitrogen in the bottle then sealing it off as fast as possible leaving as little air as possible. Argon on the other hand would concentrate beneath air, acting as a layer between the air and the oil, but both these gases are subject to diffusion over time.

Some people also use Helium, and some use a mixture of Argon, Nitrogen, and Helium... :Whistling:

I use persuasion, I tell my oils "please don't oxidize or whatever" and seal them off. :Roflmao: Just kidding, I use Argon. One member on Gaharu recommended using this gas: http://www.bloxygen.com/ it's fairly cheap. Mix of Helium, Nitrogen, and Argon. You don't have to worry about using any of those gases, as they are all inert and won't negatively affect your oils. All you have to worry about is how fast these gases diffuse.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Argon is a lot more expensive than Nitrogen. Almost 4 times more expensive. Nitrogen is also much more readily available.

I never understood why the Essential Oil industry would use Nitrogen rather than Argon. Nitrogen is lighter than air, which means it wouldn't keep air out. I think they're just displacing air by putting Nitrogen in the bottle then sealing it off as fast as possible leaving as little air as possible. Argon on the other hand would concentrate beneath air, acting as a layer between the air and the oil, but both these gases are subject to diffusion over time.

Some people also use Helium, and some use a mixture of Argon, Nitrogen, and Helium... :Whistling:

I use persuasion, I tell my oils "please don't oxidize or whatever" and seal them off. :Roflmao: Just kidding, I use Argon. One member on Gaharu recommended using this gas: http://www.bloxygen.com/ it's fairly cheap. Mix of Helium, Nitrogen, and Argon. You don't have to worry about using any of those gases, as they are all inert and won't negatively effect your oils. All you have to worry about is how fast these gases diffuse.

Yes eh ? This was what I thought.
For liters bottles with few open/close actions, nitrogen should suit but for using regulary it needs heavier lol.

Not for me I live in wine worldwide capital ! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

T

Tayib

How would you recommend adding the gas to small quantities such as 3 ml bottles ?

I use persuasion, I tell my oils "please don't oxidize or whatever" and seal them off. :Roflmao: Just kidding, I use Argon. One member on Gaharu recommended using this gas: http://www.bloxygen.com/ it's fairly cheap. Mix of Helium, Nitrogen, and Argon. You don't have to worry about using any of those gases, as they are all inert and won't negatively affect your oils. All you have to worry about is how fast these gases diffuse.

T

Tayib

Is there any special way you recommend adding this gas to small 3ml bottles ? Or just the plain old spray and try to close as fast as possible method ?

T

Tayib

Argon you are not in hurry ...
I'm not much of a chemist lol , but using my layman brain I was under the impression that the gas will escape after being inserted into the bottle and must be the closed a.s.a.p .

Is this the case ?

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I'm not much of a chemist lol , but using my layman brain I was under the impression that the gas will escape after being inserted into the bottle and must be the closed a.s.a.p .

Is this the case ?

Me neither but argon being heavier than air just spray take the cap and close taking your time to avoid oil accident I think you can ...

Alkhadra

Is there any special way you recommend adding this gas to small 3ml bottles ? Or just the plain old spray and try to close as fast as possible method ?
Just fill it gently and seal it off, don't be stressed and in a hurry. Do not over fill it, if you over fill and seal, glass will break and RIP to your Oud. :Cry:

T

Tayib

Just fill it gently and seal it off, don't be stressed and in a hurry. Do not over fill it, if you over fill and seal, glass will break and RIP to your Oud. :Cry:
Just the thought of that happening give me the chills . Not only that maybe I might have glass in my face .
Will do it gently.
Is there any specific temperature best to keep oud in?

T

Tayib

Me neither but argon being heavier than air just spray take the cap and close taking your time to avoid oil accident I think you can ...
Any brand of argon gas you recommend? Just small canister. Or pretty much any will do ?

peter4ptv

Let's say if one uses it and after that 2.5 ml is left over . That Would be different yes?
i don't know what will happen in 10,20 or more years (@Royalbengalouds maybe can give some light here) but from my experience half full bottle in a few years the oil smells even better so for me to go to all this trouble buying special gas filing machine is worthless.
i have just recently read that in the hundreds of shops in the Gulf area nobody is worrying about oxidation.

Alkhadra

Any brand of argon gas you recommend? Just small canister. Or pretty much any will do ?
I hardly think brand matters, all that matters for you is that it has a tube that makes dispensing easy. Brand only matters when comparing prices and shipping. :Roflmao: I can't really help in this regard as I never ordered online.

T

Tayib

i don't know what will happen in 10,20 or more years (@Royalbengalouds maybe can give some light here) but from my experience half full bottle in a few years the oil smells even better so for me to go to all this trouble buying special gas filing machine is worthless.
i have just recently read that in the hundreds of shops in the Gulf area nobody is worrying about oxidation.
Hmm... that is a valid point. It also depends on the type of oud . Form what I've read ouds like Borneo oud or Indonesian ouds don't age well . On the other hand, Ouds from the Chinese regions age much better . But to know how long it takes for both ...

T

Tayib

I hardly think brand matters, all that matters for you is that it has a tube that makes dispensing easy. Brand only matters when comparing prices and shipping. :Roflmao: I can't really help in this regard as I never ordered online.
Hmm like a spray bottle with some type of nozzle and a straw I guess

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Simply to due to price. Argon is more expensive. The reason co2 or nitrogen is not used in wine preservation is the subtle taste it gives the wine. It's slight but geeks like me are bothered by it. Argon on other hand is completely taste and odourless.

Last edited: