Oud Qamar (moon)

Discussion in 'Habzoud' started by Habz786, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Oud Qamar (Moon) is a very special oil indeed, it was distilled in 2014 from the Kachin province in Burma using shavings from sinking grade wood. The oil is so bright it reminded me of the moon when it has a slight yellow tint. Age has really benefited this oil and to have smelt it evolve has been fascinating. If you enjoy the bitter sweet notes of Chinese oils minus any medicinal smell then this is the perfect oil for you.

The oil opens with a clean piercing bitter green top note, followed by sweet vanilla pods and honey. The contrast from bitter to sweet is simply amazing, in the dry down you smell what a sinking Burmese chip smells like on low heat, simply mind swirling. It’s hard for me to describe this oil due to its complexity. This is the kind of oil that would put anyone in a zone before prayers, meditation or even an exam. Very limited batch of oil due to the quality of the raw material used grab yours today 200$ shipped worldwide for 1 gram

20180716_232641-01.jpeg

Amrfouad, jalil, saint458 and 3 others like this.
  2. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

I received some samples of HabzOud oils with some wood I bought.
    The first sample I applied today was AlQamar. This is a Burmese oil which has some shine and strength to it. Having tried EO’s Zachariyya, this oil is totally opposite of the harsh strength of the OZ. This oil has unique notes which are in resemblance of a few other oils which I have tried. The ones that I picked up right away was Agar Aura’s Lavanya, Chamkeila, Basic Hindi, and EO’s Chuguko Senkoh. The piercing notes remind me of Hindi/Sinensis wood.
    The sweetness and bitterness role play well together however the silage is really not there. I have consistently applied many swipes but it doesn’t seem to last more then a few minutes.

Rai Munir and Habz786 like this.
  3. Habz786

Thanks for the feedback @koolaid79 are you saying that after 2 minutes you cant smell anything? Wow this must be the shortest lasting oil in history lol. I have worn this a few times and found it lasted a good while, lets see others feedback on the oil

4. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

Actually no it lasts longer than 2 minutes. What I meant in saying is, it starts fading away after about 30 mins. About a hour later it’s almost completely gone.
    Everyone’s perspective is unique and different in wearing oud. So as you mentioned let’s wait and hear more feedback.

Habz786 likes this.
  5. Habz786

Yeah deffo oud oil behaves different on each person aswell as the olfactory senses being unique to each individual :Thumbsup:. If a good number of people advise its not long lasting i will add this to the description, i write only based on how an oil performs on me.

Uday Lalan, Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

To add to that....
    My smelling is keener with a fresh nose, and not so good after a long day at work. I sniffed AA Basic Hindi after a long day at work, and it seemed to not last long, but both Kool and Jen attested that it indeed lasted longer on them.

Uday Lalan, kooolaid79, jalil and 2 others like this.
  7. Habz786

Sold out now and only available as part of the sample pack :)

Bryan-I and Rai Munir like this.
  8. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

habzoud: al qamar (the moon)

this is an intimate oil, something you wear at home late in the evening, an aromatic secret rendezous with the night queen…. ethereal, delicate, feminine, aquatic, nocturnal, electric, sky clad..

notes of:

moonlight and ozone

lightning infused rain

night blooming flowers

honeysuckle

ginger flower

brugmansia

candied buddha hand citrus

baby powder

marshmallow

agave

fresh water dolphin skin

tiger balm

its very passionate and burns hot until the vaporous notes release. its sexy, but not in a dark, musky, or feral way… more dreamy and lunar filled with reflective light, ghostly but not spooky..

its easy to get lost in the swirling ethereal scent as the aromatic fireworks ignite at the onset, but a sweet green vaporous medicinal mandarine life raft floats by midway through the dry down. its final resting place as the sun rises is a candied floral galangal/lemon grass scent similar to lmk’s mandalay signature but less bright with a snuggly linden flower blanket on top.

sillage is whispy and gentle and stays close to the body.

it has staying power as i woke up with its whisper on my skin, but its so delicate it can be seen as giving up its life force in a quick passionate tussle if your used to bold earthy oils..

jensz, Habz786 and Joe King like this.

Promote Oud!