Oud Reviews

Discussion in 'Oud Reviews' started by Ouddict, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

A place to post reviews on oils from different vendors and reigons. Lets be as accurate as possible so Ouddicts can benefit by not having to "blind buy" and have an idea of scent profiles before purchasing.

2. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

can anybody review "kalimantan super ateeq" from oudline?

3. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek

Well I didn't try before but I think mutlaqh try some stuff from this store I hope he can help u with that ...

4. Mutlaqh

Mutlaqh Junior Member

peter, I have several oud from oudline, one Hindi, one Cambodi and two malaysian oils but i didn't try the kalimantan

5. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

6. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Greetings Everyone!

Today I'm wearing AA Khmer Khlem Chan.

This oil is maturing very well, therefore, I have to use it very occasionally, so I can see how it evolves for many years to come :)

7. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

I have the super ateeq. It is a great oil. The other oil I have smelled that it most reminds me of is the old Royale (1st one) from oriscent. Very similar type of oil - thick, dense, warm resinous scent, some cola notes, nothing fecal or barnyard. It does not smell like other Borneo / Kalimantan oils in my collection. It does not have epic projection, but the scent profile is truly wonderful. Very aged and mellow smelling.

8. Mandeel AlMandeel

Oudamberlove nice to see u bro , from my small experience I find many oils from first distillation some time u hate it but when get aged u will smell something so different ! , like my taifi musk mukhallat when I mix it was smell so strong animalic now after aging less than year the smell now like lovely French perfume !

9. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I'm glad to be here Mandeel. It's nice to see other Ouddicts here also. Please tell me, what did you use to make your Taifi Musk, if you used your potent musk grains, I bet it is really good :)

10. Mandeel AlMandeel

Well thats was my first mix and I didn't imagine it will be magician like that I use raw kashmiri musk with taifi rose and yes I just wait less than year and still give me amazing smell and I'm sure with age will be more unique 💘

Qayyum Shaikh likes this.
  11. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

thank you Mr. P sounds good.

12. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

Anybody know if is currently available for sale oud oil with strong tobacco note, I have Aroha Kyaku oil with nice strong tobacco, but I am looking for something with strong note more like rolling fresh tobacco or a nice cigar smell, Aroha is more like ashtray tobacco.

Thank you.

13. Mandeel AlMandeel

I think Sulawesi of oudimantrey have this note but I try it from along time peter so u need to get sample ,

Aroha kayu have this note because they blended three origin oils that's why it have this note Almas have same this quality but little different u can ask habz786 about that ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  14. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

thanks Mandeel, i am pretty sure that Almas my have something like it, but they have too many oils and not much reviews do you have the the owner viber? maybe i can ask him directly for a sample with tobacco note, its a big gamble to try to pick one and they sale only 6 grams bottles.

15. Mandeel AlMandeel

My pleasure peter +66819295969 ðŸ‘

16. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

thank you, Mandeel i already sent him email thru his web site will wait few days if no response will contact on viber.

17. Mandeel AlMandeel

More welcome Peter usually I contact him by whatssup app

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Feel Oud - Old School Thai

I was conversing with Adam on WhatsApp about barnyard/funky ouds and he said something was coming soon. A couple of weeks later I got a message saying it was ready, Old School Thai.

I asked, "Funky?", "Oh yes!" he replied.

I love funk so I took my chances and bought a tola which arrived today.

First thoughts.

I wouldn't recognise this as a Thai oil at first. It's got strong barny funk with the addition of hot, smokey tea, sweet lapsong souchong, and in ways reminds me of Laotian or Chinese oils and also a bit of Al Shareef II. Not as full on of those but the similarities are definitely there, the sign of a well done fermentation, perhaps playing tricks on my mind.

Once that settles there's deep incense with tobacco, spice, hint of fruit - funky yet beautiful. I guess this is what Adam called 'dirty prettiness', spot on.

Next comes the smell of rain hitting hot soil and dry grass followed a sweetish oudy woodiness. For me this has a similar solemness to Lao One and the primal feel of Chinese oud is also there. Old School Thai is wowing and confusing my senses, it's a serious oud that can take you places.

If you like funk, barn, old style Thai, Chinese or Laotian oils then don't miss out on this and I think it will only get even better as it ages. As with most of Adam's oils it's truly a steal at the price, I'm surprised there's any left for sale. I have no regrets.

Not a very in depth review but will hopefully give an ok idea of what this oil is like.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  19. Mandeel AlMandeel

Thanks for lovely review

20. Mandeel AlMandeel

today i wear my new samples i get it from brother Habz786 i try ishaq from ensar oud , is really nice oil and near from thaqeel style but from my humble opinion thaqeeel old batch are better so far thats my taste maybe other ppl like ishaq more ... :)

Promote Oud!