Ouddict Collections

Discussion in 'General' started by Ouddict, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Owner

Show everyone your favorite oil, peice of wood and whats hidden away in your Oud stashes!:p

2. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

Here is all my current collection just the good stuff; the bad ones are not including it, all bad when to the garbage already (bad oils were: 2 cheap ones from Ajmal, 1 from Ham Firl at QT' Store and 4 from Aloes of Ish).

Current top 5:

Kalakassi 80 years old Oud Oil by ASAQ pre-reformulation

Dahn Al Oudh Masterpiece Oud Oil by Ajmal

North Papua Gyrinops Oud Oil by Imperial Oud

Kambodi Kuwwa Oud Oil By Ensar Oud

Aku Akira Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

All oils as of now:

Aarai Ko Shway Burmese Oud Oil by Imperial Oud

North Papua Gyrinops Oud Oil by Imperial Oud

Double Super Assam Oud Oil by R K Essential Oils

Haflong (AAA) Oud Oil by R K Essential Oils

Aroma Assam K-121 Oud Oil by Tajul Bakshi

Aroma Assam K-133 Oud Oil by Tajul Bakshi

Aroma Assam K-135 Oud Oil by Tajul Bakshi

Oud Al Bangkawi Oud Oil by Jaya Team

Premium Oud Oil by D.D. Oud Oil

Bengali Oud Oil by Habib HoliOud

Sacred Siam Oud Oil by Krissana

Kalakassi 80 years old Oud Oil by ASAQ

Crassna 25 years old Oud Oil by ASAQ

Kachin Ko-Shwe Oud Oil by Agar Aura

Yang Terang Oud Oil by Agar Aura

Sam Yan Oud Oil by Feel Oud

Bizet Oud Oil by Feel Oud

Oud Royale 1985 Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Oud Royale # 5 Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Kaliman Kala Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Borneo 2000 Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Aroha Kyaku Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Assam 3000 Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Koh Kong K Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Dom Kwan Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Oud Yusuf Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Sultan Afnan Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Oud Oil Samples:

Feel Oud:

Borneo Fera

Piara

Din Dang

Old School Hindi

Tawau Al-Awwal

Al Shareef Oudh:

BUSTAN

Khulood

Oudh Ameen

Oudh Rakhawah

Imperial Oud:

Kang-Kok-Dean- Prachin

Peam Kreng North KaohKong

Betung Banyuasin

Beccariana

Kedaulatan

Grandawood products:

Floral Superior

Evergreen Superior

Sweet Herbal Spice

Pure Merauke Wild Dark

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    AbasFrag likes this.
  3. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek

What a beautiful collection 😎

4. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

thank you Mandeel.

5. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Nice collection you have peter whats your thoughts on tawwal ul awal?

6. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

tawwal ul awal is nice oil, i just try it yesterday for first time i am not very good with notes but to me is more Malay than Borneo, open up oudy with warm woodiness very similar to a typical Malay oils no funk or barn, and the dry down is nice perfume like with some sweet greenish notes similar to the Papua Gyrinops , interesting at the first 15 - 20 min. was a bit quiet but as the time go it become more louder (usually my other oils are the other way around) and even after 7-8 hours i was still feel nice aroma around me the final notes were more like creamy woodiness if make any sense.

7. Mandeel AlMandeel

Pearl u can contact him directly by whatssup no +919818863542

8. Mutlaqh

Mutlaqh Junior Member

nice collection Peter.

9. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

tell us peter, in hind sight how would your collection look like.

10. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

hi Alsareef, sorry but English is not my best and i am not sure what "hind sight" exactly means?

11. Mandeel AlMandeel

Peter he mean in indian oud what's your favorite I know your answer but I want u reply for that , Welcome AlshareefOudh nice to see you here :)

12. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

Kalakassi 80 years old Oud Oil by ASAQ pre-reformulation

Haflong (AAA) Oud Oil by R K Essential Oils

Also just try it last week a sample of Old School Hindi by Feel Oud very interesting oil with very strong Barn and funk but I like it, never smell anything like it before, I think it will kill a person who never try oud before but there is something that make me go back and sniff it again and again.

13. peter4ptv

peter4ptv Member

Thanks Pearl, I got it now. Well if I start a new collection now and know all I know now first will start with not so many Ensar oils most likely will like to have only this few from what I have now:

Kaliman Kala Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Aroha Kyaku Oud Oil by Ensar Oud

Would not have any from Agar Aura, have only 2 with very nice smell but compare to any other oils I have they last less than 1/3th of what any other oils last on my skin.

Would not have any of this: Floral Superior, Evergreen Superior, Sweet Herbal Spice from “Grandawood products†but will like to get plenty of their Pure Merauke Wild Dark to me this Merauke is not bad at all very similar to Ensar merauke that cost hundreds per gram.

Definitely was going to get any Oils available from Imperial Oud, for me Imperial have excellent oils at unbeatable prices.

Maybe add a few more from Feel Oud,

Well that’s all I would like to change, I like pretty much all of the rest of the oils I have.

This is my honest opinion, and to all don’t forget that I am very new to oud, I collect perfumes for over 30 years but first time ever even heard about oud was after I become member of BN around a year ago and first pure oil I try was last October.

Oh, and definitely Hindis are my favorites, but I pretty much like any pure oud oils and probably will never wear or buy a perfume again.

14. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

I would like to share something with you Peter, from my personal experience and those of our clients, for the majority the oudh journey starts at the floral sweet oudhs and the final destination is the Hindi's. What is very interesting, whilst we may not like the funky hindi's in due time we will develop a love for them. I find that journey very interesting. It is within our existence to be able to live with and to some extent crave the raw primal animalistic scents. Many believe it is within our Subconscious, and the active mind tries to over ride that due to the programming we receive from our surroundings, especially the modern perfumery which focused too much on clean smells. It would be interesting to see how you feel about powerful hindi oils in 12months time.

Jimmie Taylor likes this.
  15. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

I think this is right-on al shareef. We are so heavily conditioned to find these distasteful, but with further experience we come to appreciate them. I think aged cheese is like this - think about limburger or bleu or taleggio - countless other foul aromas that we can come to appreciate.

There is probably also a biological/genetic basis as well to our being turned-off (at least on first inspection) by these more challenging scents. I believe bacteria and fungi to be our main competitors for food (they are what make our food spoil, and sicken us if we eat contaminated food) - they are what gets to our food if we don't eat it quickly enough, or preserve it in some way. Some have hypothesized that the strong aromas of bacteria and some fungi are actually a kind of chemical defense - they signal to us that they have overtaken our food, and humans with the instinct to avoid these aromas are more likely to survive and pass on their instinctual distaste for these scents since we avoid eating food overrun by bacteria.

I think in many ways some of the scents of oud are the scents of decay - literally in the case of oud prepared with traditional long fermentations that actually facilitate the growth of microbes. Isn't this especially the case with the traditional barnyard hindi oils? I think that a person's first instinct to avoid these scents may be due to our instinct to avoid decayed food. Once we learn to overcome this initial repulsion, we discover that the idea of the scents categorically being "bad" is incorrect thinking, and we begin to discern the beauty of a subset of these fragrances - fermented cheese, oud oil, fermented grapes and grains, etc.

16. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Although I could categorize my Oud oil preferences ( in hind sight ) by region, sometimes a particular oil, regardless of region, really hits the spot. They would be the shining gems in my collection. I still think that those special ones, were juiced from a special lot of raw agarwood, with a little help from distillation technique. For all those oils, I wish I had a chip from the raw materials.

By region, Hindi, then Cambodi, then Maroke Filarias.

By Distiller/Reseller, all of them have had wonderful oils, but for my preference, I personally have a "Satisfaction Index" with each one, which I can only share privately, and not in a forum post, out of respect for all of them, because it is their toil and hard work that brings us these oil treasures.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  17. Mandeel AlMandeel

Animalic note in Indian and Burmese and Cambodian are really lovely but it should come from who know how to make it and how long soaking because if didn't make welldone u will smell cow farm or fecal from cheap wood distillation usually I find some distillers make it for some origins in gulf they like that note and they are not familiar with sweety or sourness smells they enjoy old classic way more

18. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Yes, the Barnyard has to be done right to be good. Of course aging does a lot to enhance it. But aging won't save a bad oil.

19. Mandeel AlMandeel

I agree with you ðŸ‘

20. Guest

Guest Guest

My wife and I only smelt oud for the first time at around the end of April this year and that oil was a traditional Assam. We fell in love with it straight away

Below is our small collection, we like all of these very much. Haven't listed samples.

Agarwoood Consulting - Indian Super

Agarwood Consulting - Trat Honey

Agar Aura - Lao One

Ensar Oud - Yunnan 2003

Ensar Oud - Aroha Kyaku

Ensar Oud - Assam Organic 2007

Ensar Oud - Oud Yusuf

Feel Oud - Sabah Hijau

Feel Oud - Sumatra Q TIQ

Feel Oud - Old School Hindi

Imperial Oud - Kejalasan Kedah

Imperial Oud - Betung Banyuasin

Imperial Oud - Peam Kreng

Imperial Oud - Antong Sar

Waiting for delivery of:

Yunnan Exclusive and Oud Yunus from Ensar Oud

Trat Jam and Old School Thai from Feel Oud

All the above should be enough to last us for some time!

Promote Oud!