1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Papua A - My Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Oud Reviews' started by Stan, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Stan

Stan Whats this Oud About?

Ladies and gentleman, I acquired some samples recently and I have to say that the quality of all the oud was outstanding. But there has to be a winner, as they say; for today anyway.

To be completely honest, this was a tough one because you couldn't fit a hair between why I chose Papua A as the 'winner'. I could have said any of them but this one was chosen and here's why.

There is a sweetness to balance the faint woodiness but it's not in the least bit bashful. Papua A is fairly complex in its make-up, it presents itself very well and the sillage is excellent and the aroma, in general, lasts a decent amount of hours but can, of course, be 'topped-up' is required.

Some eight hours after application the oud has sweetened, it is much lighter than the first three to four hours. Slightly sweeter, less dark, more fruity. It has a slightly spicy note that reminds me of being in that part of the world. I find it a 'heavy' oud at first as the scent is bold but that is my personal opinion; rich and dark.

I could quite happily wear this every day. I would certainly recommend Papua A be in your collection or make it the first of a new collection?

Cheers, people,

Stan

Sproaty and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Hey Stan, great write up! Is this Papua Archipelago by Oud Base?

Bigboy likes this.
  3. Bigboy

Bigboy True Ouddict

I was wondering the same . That was quite a positive review and I'd love to know from where.

4. sami

sami True Ouddict

Great review...how is it compared to EO Green Papua?

5. Bigboy

Bigboy True Ouddict

But what is the oil actually being reviewed?

6. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Stan seems to be a new arrival. Welcome Stan - what brings you on this fine day to the ouddict forum?

Bigboy likes this.
  7. Stan

Hi, sadly, I don't know. I haven't tried the EO Green Papua. Very new to Oud; I have no idea these existed until about six months ago. How I escaped it will be one of the greatest mysteries to me lol.

8. Stan

Thank you very much! I rarely travel these days lol. I got talking to Rayyan some time ago about Oud and trying to find out the type of person who loves it because this will definitely not be everyone's taste. I like trying new things so after some horrific mistakes on eBay I decided to get samples of the real deal and, of course, it's like chalk and Beluga caviar...

Oudamberlove likes this.
  9. Stan

I honestly don't know. Perhaps Rayyan can help out in that regard. There is a small write up on Rayyans website - https://oudbase.com/. Sorry I can't be of more use

10. Stan

11. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

Hi Stan it’s Rahel from oudbase. Thank for your review, I’m glad our new assistant Rayyan has been helpful to you... if there’s anything you need don’t hesitate to contact me or Rayyan. Kind regards Rahel

Stan and Oudamberlove like this.
  12. Stan

Thank you, sir, will do! I'll be placing an order in the next few weeks :)

13. Stan

I'm so sorry, but for some reason, I never saw this post.

I was fed up with ebay rubbish and thought I should allow myself the real deal and had a search around and found this forum. It's opened up a whole new world!

14. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

That’s great. This has to be the best place to pick up knowledge and connect with oud heads for sure...

Oudamberlove, Taesik Yun and Stan like this.
  15. Stan

It certainly is, Mr P! I hold my mother responsible; she has expensive tastes and she passed it on to me. Sadly, my pockets are not as deep as I would like them to be lol

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.

Promote Oud!