Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
In order to create the latest Ghaliya- Ghaliyat al Misk- i acquired the following materials from dear JK- although not all ofthem are used in the musk- i felt its only fair to review them.

Overall/ all of JKs oil have medicinal grade purity- he has mastered the filtration- purification- extraction methods making his oils very beautiful for our artisan perfumery.

Part 1

1- Kopondai Flores Sandalwood.
2-Tibetan deer musk maceration from 2012.
3- Mongolian deer musk maceration from 2016.
4- ambergris maceration in Mysore- other than my own black ambergris in Mysore.
5-castoreum maceration in Mysore- other than my own macerations.
6-civet maceration in Mysore sandalwood.
7- Omani Frankincense.
8-vintage 1983 myrrh.
9- Hyraceum maceration in Mysore sandalwood.

1- one of the most peculiar and beautiful sandalwoods i ever smelt- it is so good i thought its an Indonesian oud- smell of santalol is incredible- amazing oil which can be used as a perfume on its own or as a base note for perfumery.

2-the deer musks both the Tibetan and the Mongolian are very beautiful animalic with subtle sweetness.
For me the Mongolian musk was a first time- and i have to say its an incredible maceration.

The oils macerated several years- matured in an extremely high grade Mysore Sandalwood which complements the deer musks in a very good way-

Ambergris-
I only can guess this was either a gray or white ambergris- incredible oil - very strong animalic notes with oceanic undertones.

Myrrh 1993 / Omai frankincense;

Oh my God- compared to other Myrrhs- this is somehing else/ JK is very lucky and hardworking he was able to get his hands on this myrrh- extremely sweet- with minimal bitterness- very long lasting and slightly smokey.

The Omani frankincense- this one i tried before and again and i hope he has more of it- the incensiol molecule takes over your nose- it is a very good idea that JK could extract it in the frankincense minmizing the citric opening and maximizing the smell of the resin.

Alongside these gems- I tested JK’s Ghaliyahs- the four of them beside an unreleased one-

In general JKs Ghaliyas have several “signature notes”- which i see come from the Russian rose and his very beautiful ambergris.

It is a very good idea that the Ghaliyas are sold in a group of four which are very good for lovers of versatility and trying several gems at once.

Overall the longevity is incredible as well as rhe diffusivity and sillage.

1- Cambodi Ghaliya

The sweetest of all the Ghaliyas- stronger rose and lesser oud- incredibly sweet rose.
One of my favorites/ it is incredible for my own taste.

2- Pursat Ghaliya

The Pursat ghaliya can easily be my favorite for one very improtant reason that is i am a lover of pursat oud- and Oh my God it has a very beautiful Pursat oil- incredible

3-unreleased Ghaliya 2018- it is a very stronf musk based Ghaliya with saffron , oud and subtle rose- among the 5 Ghaliyas it has the strongest musk note-

It is a very fine balanced ghaliya with extraordinary beautiful saffron.

Ill mention three now and the other two later in detail.

In general
Well done JK- incredible work-

:handwaving::clapping::handwaving::clapping:

Last edited:

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
In order to create the latest Ghaliya- Ghaliyat al Misk- i acquired the following materials from dear JK- although not all ofthem are used in the musk- i felt its only fair to review them.

Overall/ all of JKs oil have medicinal grade purity- he has mastered the filtration- purification- extraction methods making his oils very beautiful for our artisan perfumery.

Part 1

1- Kopondai Flores Sandalwood.
2-Tibetan deer musk maceration from 2012.
3- Mongolian deer musk maceration from 2016.
4- ambergris maceration in Mysore- other than my own black ambergris in Mysore.
5-castoreum maceration in Mysore- other than my own macerations.
6-civet maceration in Mysore sandalwood.
7- Omani Frankincense.
8-vintage 1983 myrrh.
9- Hyraceum maceration in Mysore sandalwood.

1- one of the most peculiar and beautiful sandalwoods i ever smelt- it is so good i thought its an Indonesian oud- smell of santalol is incredible- amazing oil which can be used as a perfume on its own or as a base note for perfumery.

2-the deer musks both the Tibetan and the Mongolian are very beautiful animalic with subtle sweetness.
For me the Mongolian musk was a first time- and i have to say its an incredible maceration.

The oils macerated several years- matured in an extremely high grade Mysore Sandalwood which complements the deer musks in a very good way-

Ambergris-
I only can guess this was either a gray or white ambergris- incredible oil - very strong animalic notes with oceanic undertones.

Myrrh 1993 / Omai frankincense;

Oh my God- compared to other Myrrhs- this is somehing else/ JK is very lucky and hardworking he was able to get his hands on this myrrh- extremely sweet- with minimal bitterness- very long lasting and slightly smokey.

The Omani frankincense- this one i tried before and again and i hope he has more of it- the incensiol molecule takes over your nose- it is a very good idea that JK could extract it in the frankincense minmizing the citric opening and maximizing the smell of the resin.

Alongside these gems- I tested JK’s Ghaliyahs- the four of them beside an unreleased one-

In general JKs Ghaliyas have several “signature notes”- which i see come from the Russian rose and his very beautiful ambergris.

It is a very good idea that the Ghaliyas are sold in a group of four which are very good for lovers of versatility and trying several gems at once.

Overall the longevity is incredible as well as rhe diffusivity and sillage.

1- Cambodi Ghaliya

The sweetest of all the Ghaliyas- stronger rose and lesser oud- incredibly sweet rose.
One of my favorites/ it is incredible for my own taste.

2- Pursat Ghaliya

The Pursat ghaliya can easily be my favorite for one very improtant reason that is i am a lover of pursat oud- and Oh my God it has a very beautiful Pursat oil- incredible

3-unreleased Ghaliya 2018- it is a very stronf musk based Ghaliya with saffron , oud and subtle rose- among the 5 Ghaliyas it has the strongest musk note-

It is a very fine balanced ghaliya with extraordinary beautiful saffron.

Ill mention three now and the other two later in detail.

In general
Well done JK- incredible work-

:handwaving::clapping::handwaving::clapping:

I really appreciate your thoughtful (and glowing!) review of the oils I sent your way. Tear in my eye, my friend :Inlove:

Good news is - I have a good amount of that Omani Frank special Reserve ;)

Curious to hear your thoughts on those two other Ghaliyahs!