said mohammed

Oud Beginner
Hello fellow ouddicts,
As an oud lover, I also gravitate towards other old school activities. I enjoy pipe smoking quite a bit. Oud and Pipe smoking go hand in hand as tobacco hits our olfactory senses and brings back long forgotten memories. Like Oud, it takes time and patience to master pipe smoking. There are many different types of tobacco. Virginia tobacco is sweet. Dark virginia has a taste/smell profile of figs and raisins. Light virginia is citrusy and hay like. Then, we have Latakia tobacco which is smoky and woody. Burley tobacco is nutty and chocolatey. These tobaccos can be mixed together (blended) and there are various mind boggling combinations. I have been pipe smoking for 3 years and honestly it is the best thing ever. If you were smoking cigarettes, I must warn you. It does contain nicotine! However, in pipe smoking we do not inhale. We simply taste the nuances of the smoke and then expel the air. Therefore it is a bit safer than cigarette smoking. I used to smoke cigarattes occasionally but stopped after smoking a pipe. Cigarettes taste awful! Pipe smoking allows you to slow down and appreciate the flavors of the different tobaccos. If anyone is interested definitely check out some pipe smoking videos and you will then embark on a beautiful journey kind of like this Oud journey.
-Said

Rai Munir

Musk Man
I kept trying for a month to get accustomed to pipe smoking, but couldn't. But you are very much right the tobacco aroma and coffee fragrance in the room is one of the intoxicating unconventional scents. Fully romantic and truly masculine. Temperature of the room does matter. Here in Pakistan, temperature gets abnormal in summers. So, pipe can be relished just at home.

Respected Said, what about cigar? Especially its aroma.

Last edited:

hassam mac

True Ouddict
Its called dokha here,and put put tobacco leaves which come from oman and iran and gives u a great morning buzz ,empty stomach[emoji13]

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

said mohammed

Oud Beginner
I kept trying for a month to get accustomed to pipe smoking, but couldn't.

I know the feeling man. I burnee my mouth countless times when I started but persisted. Its all about taking your time and not rushing. Packing the pipe just right and tobacco humidity matter a lot. It takes time and practice but the resulting satisfaction is worth it in my humble opinion. I did try cigars but was turned off by the copious amount of smoke and the only flavor I could get was ashy for lack of a better word. The sweetness of virginia is unmatched by anything except hookah flavors but God know what they put in it. I try to stay away from artificial stuff in general. Do lookup breath pipe smoking on Youtube if you want to give it another go.

Oud Indigo

Oud Beginner
Hello fellow ouddicts,
As an oud lover, I also gravitate towards other old school activities. I enjoy pipe smoking quite a bit. Oud and Pipe smoking go hand in hand as tobacco hits our olfactory senses and brings back long forgotten memories. Like Oud, it takes time and patience to master pipe smoking. There are many different types of tobacco. Virginia tobacco is sweet. Dark virginia has a taste/smell profile of figs and raisins. Light virginia is citrusy and hay like. Then, we have Latakia tobacco which is smoky and woody. Burley tobacco is nutty and chocolatey. These tobaccos can be mixed together (blended) and there are various mind boggling combinations. I have been pipe smoking for 3 years and honestly it is the best thing ever. If you were smoking cigarettes, I must warn you. It does contain nicotine! However, in pipe smoking we do not inhale. We simply taste the nuances of the smoke and then expel the air. Therefore it is a bit safer than cigarette smoking. I used to smoke cigarattes occasionally but stopped after smoking a pipe. Cigarettes taste awful! Pipe smoking allows you to slow down and appreciate the flavors of the different tobaccos. If anyone is interested definitely check out some pipe smoking videos and you will then embark on a beautiful journey kind of like this Oud journey.
-Said

Pipe smoking may have ultimately led me here. I started when I was 15 years old, then off, and on ever since. It would be nice to have some natural casing recipes. Who knows what goes into "aromatic" pipe tobacco and/or shisha. It is largely unregulated. Therefore, "anything goes" and, does.

Last edited:

sg1011

It definitely takes time to pick out the nuances in cigars. What I like about cigars is that the higher quality brands, AJ Fernandez for example, offer natural high quality aged tobacco. You know you’re getting a natural product that has been expertly blended to bring out different characters in different lines or brands. I much prefer the aromatic qualities of pipe tobacco, but as mentioned earlier, the ingredients are of concern. I’d have to do more research. At least with cigars, I know what I’m getting...at least hope I do.

Oud Indigo

Oud Beginner
I kept trying for a month to get accustomed to pipe smoking, but couldn't. But you are very much right the tobacco aroma and coffee fragrance in the room is one of the intoxicating unconventional scents. Fully romantic and truly masculine. Temperature of the room does matter. Here in Pakistan, temperature gets abnormal in summers. So, pipe can be relished just at home.

https://cigarobsession.com/

Oud Indigo

Oud Beginner
It definitely takes time to pick out the nuances in cigars. What I like about cigars is that the higher quality brands, AJ Fernandez for example, offer natural high quality aged tobacco. You know you’re getting a natural product that has been expertly blended to bring out different characters in different lines or brands. I much prefer the aromatic qualities of pipe tobacco, but as mentioned earlier, the ingredients are of concern. I’d have to do more research. At least with cigars, I know what I’m getting...at least hope I do.
This will help https://cigarobsession.com/