Socotran Frankincense - Boswellia Elongata - Comming Soon

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, May 17, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Socotran Frankincense - Boswellia Elongata

I think im well know now for my love of frankincense oil and its very near and dear to my heart . Ever since I first heard of this variety of Frankincese I knew I had to distill it and add my touch to the oil . Its been a challenge to get the real deal but ive found a supplier that has been dealing with it for a long time and has the genuine product . Ive never seen its oil for sale before and I really cant wait to be able to offer it in small amounts here and on my etsy page . This is the really unique frankincense from Socotra the other kind that's available is quite similar to Boswellia Sacra .
    There will also be an attar developed with this oil as its base .
    222222222222222222222.jpg 22222222222222222222.jpg 2222222222222222.jpg

How to know if this is an incense from Socotra island or fake?

• Incense from Socotra - sweet to the taste. If the taste is bitter - it is a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra is always in small pieces. If large enough pieces are peppered with something looks as talc, it's a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra quickly burns on the coal without a trace. If pieces of incense are coked during burning, it is a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra is almost completely dissolved in olive oil. If pieces of incense do not dissolve in oil - it is a fake.

Joe King, Matt K., Grega and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Cool! This sounds like it has properties in common with freereana - complete combustion / dissolution being one. , frereana seems to melt and burn off completely while the sacra forms charred lumps. Your projects always intrigue me Tyson.

tyson, Grega and Sproaty like this.
  3. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Nice to see you working on a new project Tyson. Like always I wish you good luck with it. The last frankincense sample I got from you was indeed wonderful and so I am curious how this one will compare.

And what a beautiful landscape in the picture! And the trees!

tyson likes this.

Promote Oud!