Testing Out My New Electric Incense Heater!

Discussion in 'General' started by humbll, Sep 27, 2019.

1. humbll

humbll Hopelessly Addicted to Oud

Today is my birthday, and coincidentally the incense heater I bought arrived! I LOVE this thing! I took a small agarwood chip and cut it into approximately 1 mm by 3 mm pieces, and put about 10 of them in the foil cup on the heating plate. I set it to highest setting and 5 minutes later my room smells like heaven! Its been going now for about 20 minutes and the scent just keeps on coming! I am so happy I decided to spring for this, it beats charcoal by miles! No smoke, just a beautiful aroma. I got mine from here: https://www.mermadearts.com/p/incense-accessories/electric-incense-heater-golden-lotus
    It is a beautiful piece and works like a charm.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    TDK, Joe King and Edward jay Bullock like this.
  2. MrEleven1181

MrEleven1181 Oud Fan

I am waiting on a similar electric heater being delivered next week. Do you just place the wood chips into the heater or do you need to buy they, sorry i dont know the proper name but the glass like plates ?

Also can you recommend any good sellers for the agarwood without spending too much. I would like to buy a fair bit to start using this alot more in my home.

humbll likes this.
  3. humbll

No need for mica plate, mine came with foil cups to place the incense materials in to avoid soiling the heating element plate.

MrEleven1181 likes this.
  4. humbll

I like the cultivated chips from www.scentedmountain.com for something that smells awesome for a low price. I didn't know it at the time I wrote my 1st post but you can just break off a thumbnail sized piece and toss it in the foil cup, no need to break it up into tiny pieces. It will release scent for quite some time.

MrEleven1181 likes this.
  5. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

I ended up returning this heater bc I couldn't control the temp as well as with a subitism. You can get a subitism from luxurious_agarwood on Instagram - he's the guy you supplied to treasure oud. They are a much better buy and all around fabulous heater with more control for low and high temp than the one your talking about. Just my humble opinion.

6. humbll

I almost bought one of these from KyaraZen years ago, but I was turned off by the need to get a variable power supply. The heater I bought is perfect for me, f0r woods and resins you put it on highest setting, and this temperature is gently heating the agarwood and releasing fragrance for many hours.

tyson likes this.
  7. naturalpuerh

naturalpuerh Whats this Oud About?

You are lucky to get the perfect heater!

humbll likes this.
  8. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

aren’t electric heaters fantastic! The mermade arts heater looks like a good one for sure.

The subitism is nice though, if you ever feel like getting one. you can generate coal-like heat as well as gentler warming of any degree. Foil is great of course, but a mica surface is preferable to foil because its transparency allows infrared radiation to pass through (unlike foil which relies on direct contact for heat transfer). The Infrared penetrates the nooks and crannies and heats the entire surface of the wood, even parts that are not touching the surface. You can really get excellent even heating. Some variable power supplies are no difficulty at all but the bigger ones are better...

here is a simple one:
    https://www.amazon.com/SoulBay-Univ...le+power+supply+dc+plug&qid=1573082124&sr=8-3

And the ideal option:

https://www.amazon.com/Eventek-KPS3...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

humbll, Edward jay Bullock and Tarik like this.

Promote Oud!