Thai Honey

Discussion in 'La Maison Khenata' started by F4R1d0uX, Apr 21, 2018.

1. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Thai Honey Pic.jpg

Distillation year : 2017

Profille : Sweet, social friendly

Tired with generic Thai oud oils with flat tutti frutti smell profile ? Glue smell opening ? Boring dry down ?

Here is your chance to grab an original one at a FRIENDLY price !

Traditionaly distilled by an organic farmer close to cambodian border with the biggest care and passion, it has maybe juiced the most seductive elexir oud could give you.

Take a swipe of Thai Honey and ask yourself what you are actualy smelling : is that a non barn hindi like we start to see flooding the market, or is it a non barn lao oud ? This was what I have been asked during my trip to London in where people tried that one.

Raw honey opening with what it can be qualified as clean hay, I would rather define it as corn smell on a sunny day bringing that gourmand biscuit facet followed by a custardy vanilla growing slowly for hours. Dry down is pure resinous peach/apricot liquor.

You liked it ? Allow yourself another swipe and challenge yourself going outside. Be ready to receive compliments even by western noses strangers to oud but be careful : you might be seen as the most succulent cake !

Did I talk about longevity ? A swype in the morning will be enough for a long working day !

Be gready, grab your dessert now !

https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/594798497/thai-honey?ref=shop_home_active_1

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

This is a very nice oil and for the price a bargain. It reminded me of a few Laos crassna oils i have smelt, a friendly oil with nuclear projection. As an everyday swipe office friendly oil this is ideal and has a delicious sweetness to it with a twist :handok:

3. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Definitely a great oil. I smelled it at the Oud Fayre and honey is the note that I smelled in this - quite surprising for what it is. @F4R1d0uX, are you sure you haven’t added some French honey to the bottles? :Roflmao:

4. F4R1d0uX

Very honey

5. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

@Benyben you need to try this brother

F4R1d0uX likes this.
  6. F4R1d0uX

If @Benyben comes back I'll send him a free sample !

Royalbengalouds and Habz786 like this.
  7. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

By the way, nice logo. It’s new is it? :cool:

Royalbengalouds and F4R1d0uX like this.
  8. F4R1d0uX

Yes normaly that one will be the final one if you find it nice :p

Royalbengalouds likes this.
  9. Royalbengalouds

Royalbengalouds Resident Artisan

That dessert picture is too good Bros , making me hungry SubanaAllah , MashaAllah brother ☕️☕️☕️:Geek:

F4R1d0uX likes this.
  10. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Highly recommend the oil and the seller. I already have two bottles but for this price....... it's tempting

11. F4R1d0uX

It smells really like it but stage by stage !
    Lol

Royalbengalouds likes this.
  12. F4R1d0uX

If someone is considering buying a bottle of it, I'd advise him/her to be quick ...

Ashfaque likes this.
  13. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Tiny Review

I bought a 2.5g bottle few weeks ago. Farid (the man behind LMK) is an honest, and an excellent vendor. I also told him that he is way too generous as a vendor. His odour description of this beauty is spot on - suggesting you can trust his nose too!

If you like ripe plums, honey and a pleasant hay smell, with no skanky/animalic facet, then you will love it. In case you are wondering, it lasts more than 12 hours on my very dry skin in a very dry weather.

If you fancy making your own mukhallat, or just want to add some oud with your white floral oils, this will be perfect as it adds some honey, amber (as in resinous) and sweet hay notes to the whole experience of enjoying a more sophisticated white floral concoction. Oh, try adding some ambergris, which you can get from him too, to make it even more elegant. If you're thinking of buying any Thai and more importantly sweet oud, please do not wait.

Note: This tiny review is based on only two wearings. I will get back to this fragrant beauty later with more details to do justice. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    RoyalFrag, EHV, KHH and 4 others like this.
  14. F4R1d0uX

Ouddict special this week : a nice silver of wood offered with any order of thai honey to catch the similaries between the oil and the wood :Thumbsup:

jalil, EHV, AbasFrag and 3 others like this.
  15. F4R1d0uX

Thai Honey is now sold out:Thumbsup:.
    A nice Ouddict fellow took all the remaining stock and has received the woods as promised.
    I hope he will be not shy to describe here wood smell to let everyone know that oud wood with its oleoresin can be overly sweet with honey smell and that is not automaticaly an "auxiliary note" :p

16. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Very honey news! Congratulations to the buyer

17. RoyalFrag

RoyalFrag Whats this Oud About?

Was lucky enough to grab the last bottles of Thai Honey, such a nice gentleman Farid is, would like to thank him for the wood chips he send along with the order, can't wait to receive it and going to review it inchallah.
    thanks Abas.

tyson, Sproaty, AbasFrag and 2 others like this.
  18. jalil

jalil Oud bully

Put a swipe and burn the wood in same time...olfactori experience ;)

19. RoyalFrag

RoyalFrag Whats this Oud About?

will definitely do inchallah, thanks for the Advice Jalil Bahy

Royhalwood, jalil and tyson like this.

Promote Oud!