1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

The Easiest Oud For Non Oud Lovers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Castingshadows, May 17, 2020.

1. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

My poor wife absolute loathes the smell of Oud however I occasionally see reviews where people say “even my wife loved this and she hates everything” or something to that effect.

In your opinion what would you consider easy to wear and culturally normative for your tastes? If you’re like me and live somewhere that has fragile olfactory palettes you have to err on the side of caution when doing business and dealing with clients.

I haven’t ventured outside of Ensar Oud or Agarwood Assam yet so I’d love to hear some suggestions for easily worn ouds organic or wild doesn’t matter!

Sproaty and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

Welcome brother.

I would recommend the following based on your budget.

Fruity trats can be a breeze

Merauke oils are earthy, non barn. Them and the papuan oils share those facets.

An easy wear which is "Regal" would be a quality malinau/tarakan. Some high quality Borneo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Maybe try Mustaqubil from ASO
    Organic so won’t break the bank and the scent is clean and pure spicy herbals and top end Bliss.
    Totally different then any of EO’s organicS
    If your wife is not liking those.
    An amazing scent!

4. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

Thank you brother! Is there a specific oil you would recommend?

5. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

You can check with ouddicts here for that. All vendors would have such oils in their arsenal.

As for me, I will also be launching a number of oils as well. Can recommend one or two in that category. DM.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  6. Yaj

Yaj Whats this Oud About?

Oud Yusuf from EO or Crassna Intense from Agarwood Assam.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  7. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

Oud Yusuf is beautiful! I saw luckyscent has some for sale which blew my mind because it’s been sold out for so long. I’ve been considering grabbing a 3 gram bottle before it disappears forever.

I currently own Rhaj Khmer and Amir Crassna from Agarwood Assam. How would you say Crassna intense compares to either of those?

Oudamberlove likes this.
  8. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

I will disagree on Yusuf. I let 2 colleagues try it who had never tried oud before and their reactions were not pleasant, to say the least!

Oudamberlove likes this.
  9. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

I have yet to have a good reaction wearing Oud of any kind. I love letting my clients smell Hindi’s for that very reason. One lady was trying to be nice and said it smelled like incense but her face clearly showed disgust.

Oudamberlove and AbuTominaga like this.
  10. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

Traditional Hindis are known to be the holy grail of the "barnyard" note, bro

However, there are Unsoaked high grade hindi oils which smell like roses, musk, and hay. :)

Hindis have indeed challenging notes. You usually like them after getting used to so many other ouds.

Mohammed Nadeem and Oudamberlove like this.
  11. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

Yes I agree that so far hindis have been my favorites. So far I’ve been exploring what Agarwood Assam has to offer and I wore Khalifa Hind a few days ago and my wife almost threw up. Personally I’ve grown to love strong fermentation notes and also clean Hindi notes but even the non fermented clean notes I’ve noticed still have a barnish twist to them as is the case with Oud Jiri Jiri and Oud Metei

Mohammed Nadeem and Oudamberlove like this.
  12. mahmadna

mahmadna Whats this Oud About?

How do these Hindi oils evolve? Do they get softer throughout the days so other people won't get offended?

Oudamberlove likes this.
  13. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

I’d say out of the 8 or so I’ve tried they all dry down into something beautifully resinous or deeply woodsy and leathery but the intense opening can last for hours in some and maybe 30 minutes in others.

Khalifa hind for example turns almost green with heavy resinous and woody aspects that become sweeter as the scent progresses.

Jiri Jiri is also similar. It becomes deeply resinous and incensey in the dry down.

Patience pays out a big reward for a lot of these kinds of oils from experience but my experience is also limited so I can’t speak for the genre as a whole.

Oudamberlove likes this.

Promote Oud!