The Love Of Creating An Attar Worthy Of Mention

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Feb 22, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I have 20 kilos of dried frangipani flowers coming to me soon to distill . Really happy to get to work with this oil . Fresh flowers produe 0.0017 essential oil and dried flowers half of that , so per kilo you only get maybe .7 more like .5 so out of 20 kilos i should get 10 grams of oil , just the raw materials cost over 125-150 usd a gram . Pure hydro distilled frangipani is almost unheard of in the world market , no one makes it . I look forward to distilling the white flowers next to the yellow ones and see what differences there are

One step closer in creating an attar ive been working on that is... Fractioned royal green hojary from Oman, Tahiti vanilla, ancient white ambergris, and sinking grade Borneo agarwood and frangipani .

The first step is a codistillation of hojary and vanilla beans , only the first few fractions are kept . This is the very best of the hojary oil and with the vanilla it softens and brightens the oil.

The next step i add dusted sinking agarwood to the frank/vanilla oil as well as add ancient white ambergris and vanilla caviar. This is let sit for a few weeks before i distill it in a small all glass setup but only for a very short time just long enough to recover the oil that was originally put in it , this brings over the essence of agar resin in its most true and bright form and fuses the ingredients together , after this is done ill add a few drops of the frangipani to each attar bottle and let it sit and cure .

There are a number of unique benefits to frangipani essential oil.Frangipani tree is known as the “Tree of Life” and highly regarded for centuries for its healing powers. Frangipani essential oil has a prominent place in aromatherapy due to the scent’s rejuvenating qualities for the mind and body when the essence is inhaled. In addition, it is believed that aromatherapy with frangipani oil effects deep internal cleansing that refreshes the body, mind and soul.

The romantic scent of frangipani essential oil can last for many long hours due to its high concentration and originally strong aroma and is used in high class perfumery. Its scent encourages a sensual and almost provocative response due to its rich and exotic floral smell .

Ill update the thread with video's and pictures as each step progresses .

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

exciting times ahead...

3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Tyson, what about this project?

Wish you all the best if you have initiated it. If not, may you initiate it soon. Pure undiluted Frangipani oil is difficult to find. You are my hope.

4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Happy to see you here Rai !!
    Ive got Mr Tony Bolton making me a special batch of frangipani , I convinced him to distill fresh flower in glass and ordered 3 grams ^
    Id like to distill some of my own but sadly I have yet to figure out how to get it to me before it goes bad … have been playing with dry ice packs and keep it frozen but its a lot of trial and error

5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

If possible, get the dull white flowers with a yellow center distilled. Not the pink ones. Last time, I think the oil you used in Euphoria or Holy was dry flower distilled oil.

I still possess the empty bottle of Frangipani oil that you graciously sent to me. I am sure, if I decant 1.5 ml Sandal into it, that will smell gorgeous. There is at least 0.2 ml oil in the bottle.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 10:17 PM
    tyson likes this.
  6. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Yes this frangi will be the white flowers with yellow centers ! Really excited to get to sample it , now the decision do I use sandalwood oil with it or Socotra Elongata Frankincense !

Rasoul Salehi likes this.
  7. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Any contact info for tony Bolton?

8. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Look him up on Facebook

9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

10. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Don’t do Facebook. Any other web presence?

11. powdernose

powdernose Admin & Oud Sprite Staff Member

Promote Oud!