And yes...these all sink like rocks :)

IMG_3402.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg
IMG_3407.jpg
Wow second picture looks stunning.

Last edited:

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Contemplating making a batch of superb Agar-based Tibetan incense, utilizing some very special Medical Grade, superbly potent herbs.

One of the keys ingredients is a special Dao Di grade of Tibetan high altitude Saffron, which only has a window of 2 hours each day that it can be harvested, and a period of only several weeks each year that it can be collected.

The herbs have already been compounded...just trying to decide which Agarwood to use. What sounds better:

Brunei Microcarpa, with its distinctive Green and Floral notes? (Left wood)

Or a Hybrid Terroire Malaccensis - gathered from a special region just outside of Brunei where the the soil flavors of Brunei and Sabah begin to mingle? (Right wood)

Both have superb scent, and a fine scent of both Oil and Resin. Can't go wrong with either choice!

What do YOU think??

IMG_3739.jpg

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Hey Gang!

Hopefully this isn't a problem posting here - but I wanted to share some of the work that my work in Chinese Medicine has brought me to - the world of perfumery!

I would GREATLY Appreciate your help in spreading the word! If you can copy and paste the link on your Facebook pages and maybe write a few words to encourage your friends to help support - I'd be ever so grateful!!

I could really use your help - thanks ahead of time!!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rising-phoenix-perfumery-expansion/x/15710541#/

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Musk Rose seems to be excellent.
Who is respected Nikhil S? I mean an expert in perfumery or perfume oils?

Thanks :) Yes, the Musk Rose Attar has been very well received.

Nikhil is a well-known fragrance reviewer on Youtube. @Nikhil S page is "Exotic Scents with Nikhil". He's also a pretty darn nice guy :)

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
For those not familiar with Claire Vukcevic - she is a rockstar of a fragrance reviewer and is quite well known in the Basenotes community.

Basenotes recently published her interview and her review of Rising Phoenix on BN. Would appreciate it if you'd check it out and leave some positive feedback or comments about Rising Phoenix oils at the bottom of the article!

Conversations with the Artisan: JK DeLapp of The Rising Phoenix Perfumery

http://www.basenotes.net/features/3...lon-jk-delapp-of-the-rising-phoenix-perfumery

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
@RisingPhoenix
hi JK could you add more information about your al molook musk i dont see it in your etsy

@halim - I've been swamped and haven't had a chance to upload it just yet - so here is a teaser:

I've smelled several top end Attars from Gulf houses that run $2,000, $3,000, even $4-5,000 per Tola. I wanted to make something that was in the same vein, without the price tag, using premium natural ingredients. What I ended up making was 3 Attars fit for a Molouk:

Al Molouk Musk:
Rose and Geranium nestled into Oud, Mysore, and a hint of Amber - with a distinct Muskiness derived from a difficult to source traditional Indian Attar

Al Molouk (Incense): This is actually offered by TWIS:
https://www.theworldinscents.com/co...erfumery-1/products/al-molouk-100-natural-new

Al Molouk Resin:
Rich florals and savory Western herbs, layered over Oud and Mysore - drying down to a thick Oudy resinousness.

I need to get the 2 oils up into my shop - and you guys can contact Mark over at TWIS about the Molouk Incense :)