The Scent Of Scents: Musks

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Rai Munir, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Three Pods: (Left: Siberian) (Middle: Kashmiri) (Right: Tibetan)
    And the aroma present in Kashmiri and Tibetan Pods is incredibly annihilating. In Kashmiri Pod, I have picked each grain but still the aroma is enough to make the whole room a pod.

In bottles, there is just Musk.

A small vial is placed on a black capped jar. This vial contains Musk grains from three species. This is solely for sniffing. It is just the Craziest Scent I have ever smelt. Tibetan, Kashmiri and Siberian: and just raw grains, no oil at all. This new aroma is a Black Hole. Now macerations cannot do for me.
    M2.jpg

Have a closer look to the Pods.
    M3.jpg

Tibetan Musk grains are from two different sources. The grains in a black capped jar is acquired from a Chinese herbalist. Fully dried. And the rest of Tibetan grains including Pod is from Faheem.

What about the nuances, and differences? Well, a lot, a lot of differences. Both in strength and potency of musk aroma, and, more particularly, in the vibrancy of musk aroma.
    Kashmiri Musk (pod and Grains) is placed in the center.
    M1.jpg

BUT THE VIAL CONTAINS GRAINS FROM ALL THREE IS "THE SCENT OF SCENTS".

Soon I will write about the differences, and about the quantity of grains to be macerated in different oils for having a pure Musk aroma, not just a haziest view of Musk.

2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Beautiful!
    Pod Heaven:rolleyes:

Joe King likes this.
  3. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi True Ouddict

Double like on waiting to to read the detailed impressions of each source. Are they different species too or same species just different locale and diet?

Rai Munir likes this.
  4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

New Musk Maceration: Now these will get ready after a year. Till then, I will wear the ones I macerated last year.
    New Musk Macerations 1.jpg
    New Musk Macerations 2.jpg

5. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi True Ouddict

eye candy

Rai Munir likes this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Left side in picture, two bottles are having Kashmiri Musk. But in one bottle the Sandal is Tyson's Celestial Gold, and in another Tyson's Inkanyezi and a little bit Mysore Santal (IO). One is three days old, and the other is just 24 hours old. And the third one adjacent to the both is having Kashmiri and Siberian.

These two are my favourite.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Joe King and Sproaty like this.
  7. Dr Musadiq Alaqaband

Dr Musadiq Alaqaband Just Arrived

As salam u alaikum dear Rai munir can u give me 1 ml kashmiri musk. Will pay for it. JazakAllah.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Rai Munir likes this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Sir, I actually don't sell due to certain reasons. Please accept my apologies. If you ever come to my country, I would prefer to present you some.

9. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

That's very very tempting, Munir Bhai. I just moved back to Dhaka. :)

Rai Munir likes this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

If you come here, it will be a great day for me. Even if there is a transit flight, I will be there to see you.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  11. Sofmusc

Sofmusc Whats this Oud About?

very beautiful photos, I put my nose :nose: in front of the screen to feel these beautiful bottles !! :D:D

Rai Munir likes this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Please PM me your address. I will prepare some vials,and the day I got somebody going out of Pakistan, vials will be shipped to you.

Promote Oud!