• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Vetiver Roots

EJayB

True Ouddict
ED470299-6B4C-4677-B0EC-01EEABED1C92.jpeg
These bunches will be split into many new starts and overwintering in my greenhouse until planting time next spring.
It’s a multi year project starting from 10 slips and turning it into 200 then planting a field of thousands....... well that’s the plan !
( dream)

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
View attachment 14275 These bunches will be split into many new starts and overwintering in my greenhouse until planting time next spring.
It’s a multi year project starting from 10 slips and turning it into 200 then planting a field of thousands....... well that’s the plan !
( dream)
Until I came upon this site I had never even heard of Vetiver...except on some Ensar YouTube videos discussing Oudh...I bought it from Ish at RBO.....I had a very quick sniff when unpacking just now...and Subhanallah.....what an absolutely beautiful scent....this feels like a new road......can I mix this with Oudh as well?
Although it pure bliss on its own......

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Nice to see in action. I have a question u have in the picture as i see the hose for the inlet of cold water from the topp in the botom condensor? If yes i think u can have better cooling if u have the inlet from the bottom and after u can conect the second condensor and finaly the outlet should benin the most topp. Or maybe i have not seen the picture good?

EJayB

True Ouddict
I got it on right, top condenser isn’t really needed so the water goes Thru it then into bottom of the bottom condenser and out the top of that bottom condenser into my well, the still is sitting on top of a 400 year old well that has been deemed a Native American cultural zone

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
I got it on right, top condenser isn’t really needed so the water goes Thru it then into bottom of the bottom condenser and out the top of that bottom condenser into my well, the still is sitting on top of a 400 year old well that has been deemed a Native American cultural zone
U have it like this picture right?
But i suggest like the second picture for better cooling ( the red line where u conect both condensor)

Attachments

• A17CE0B3-A655-4983-9F09-6DE6DCC69E21.jpeg
    A17CE0B3-A655-4983-9F09-6DE6DCC69E21.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 438979CE-B429-46BB-BB96-00324AF63EF3.jpeg
    438979CE-B429-46BB-BB96-00324AF63EF3.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 52

Mr.P

Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist
Double stack glass setup today in copper
No little molecules shall escape! That oil is so pale. I wonder what the presence or absence of the dark pigment is all about?

looks good. Also looks fragile...

smokey air I see. And some healthy plants in the greenhouse.

Mr.P

Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist
U have it like this picture right?
But i suggest like the second picture for better cooling ( the red line where u conect both condensor)

Using a short bit of tubing to put them in line like that makes a lot of sense. This keeps a counter-current going

Abu Amir

True Ouddict
Using a short bit of tubing to put them in line like that makes a lot of sense. This keeps a counter-current going
Yes but also u must have the coolest part from bottom and up as a rule in chemistry becuse if u dont go anit gravity u will create air pockets in condensor that reduce effenency

EJayB

True Ouddict
Yes I want my top end slightly cooler then my bottom and the top condenser is over kill really, no steam goes beyond the first 4 bubbles in the bottom