Rai Munir

Musk Man
Pardon my ignorance. but is the same as the very thick, green, grass smelling oil that I received as a gift? one tiny drop overwhelms for days.

The gentleman who gifted it told me name was Khus but perhaps he was misinformed
Yes, respected hasan1, the colour and aroma you mentioned that is Khus of course. Another fragrance is always there, that is 'the fragrance soil emits after rain'. Last, Khus doesn't smell green grass, but dries and stiff one, but wet as well. Colour is of course green, and viscosity is really high. Longevity is exceptional.

peter4ptv

If you find it can you do a review or share some notes?
1600.jpg

you can buy from ebay 20$ for 3 ml.
I have Haitian organic vetiver from eden not diluted one the 100% pure oil but is light golden color.
the Ajmal green color really looks amazing.
is it possible? i have never see pure essential oil with this kind of color looks like green paint.

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
Screenshot_20170830-022332.png

Thats me in a video about vetiver. If its ruh khus. Its thick viscid almost pasty however not with black tinge. On skin its dark green with a clear halo. It starts dense green then turns smokey and then sweet. Slightly tarry. Its not extremely potent. Ruh Khus differs from Vetiver essential oil. Ruh Khus is wild vetiver done in hydro in North India.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
View attachment 1493

you can buy from ebay 20$ for 3 ml.
I have Haitian organic vetiver from eden not diluted one the 100% pure oil but is light golden color.
the Ajmal green color really looks amazing.
is it possible? i have never see pure essential oil with this kind of color looks like green paint.

Is this pure looks like it has green food colouring in it lol

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
View attachment 1494
Thats me in a video about vetiver. If its ruh khus. Its thick viscid almost pasty however not with black tinge. On skin its dark green with a clear halo. It starts dense green then turns smokey and then sweet. Slightly tarry. Its not extremely potent. Ruh Khus differs from Vetiver essential oil. Ruh Khus is wild vetiver done in hydro in North India.

Great pic!!! :)
Khus looks so delicious that I want to taste it

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
Great pic!!! :)
Khus looks so delicious that I want to taste it
He he. Yeah bro. Its such a beautiful dignified scent. I highly recommend trying Haitian Vetiver by Ermenogildo Zegna. It will give you the idea of Ruh Khus drydown. It is sweet and super cozy. Also Vetiver by Darkwood Forest Apothecary at 60usd/50ml is such a delight with added cardamom and ylang ylang. It lasts for a whole day.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Great great. Has any body tried Moosa Nagar Khus. So far as my little information go, Khus of/from Moosa Nagar is the best, and I have used that as well at least 8 years before, though the bottle is still with me. Even today it smells beautifully earthy. Respected Nikhil can guide in this matter. Is Moosa Nagar famous for its distillery or Khus plantation?
If Khus is not green, that is not Khus. Up till now it is what I have learnt.

Last edited:

peter4ptv

View attachment 1494

Interesting what a big difference in color makes the distillation and wild or organic.

Ruh Khus is wild vetiver done in hydro in North India – dark emerald green.

Eden’s Haiti organic vetiver roots in steam distillation – very light golden color.

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
Great great. Has any body tried Moosa Nagar Khus. So far as my little information go, Khus of/from Moosa Nagar is the best, and I have used that as well at least 8 years before, though the bottle is still with me. Even today it smells beautifully earthy. Respected Nikhil can guide in this matter. Is Moosa Nagar famous for itd distillery or Khus plantation?
If Khus is not green, that is not Khus. Up till now it is what I have learnt.
I am really not sure about Moosa Nagar Khus sir. I ll try and find out. Thanks for the tip. Khus ages well. It smells divine. The top grade is around 1000USD/Kg. Thats what you should try and score.

I got my Ruh Khus from Amit at R. K. Sons Essential Oils Company. Never used it yet, but the Tola is not as full as when I first got it four years ago, somehow it lost some volume. I plan to use some of it in blends, but only as I can find time in my busy schedule:Thumbsdown:

i think maroke & png & sri lankan will work great with ruh khus ! ;)