Chipkill

Oud Beginner
Two months ago, I was looking to invest in a deep-space gazing telescope.........Ok, long story short: Now I have 50-60 oud oils in varying volumes :)

Oud oil/'Precious' has initiated the Hobbit Gollum/Smeagol in me - storing and accessing them has become a priority.

I found below cases to safely store my vials and bottles. Second link is for custom design cases.

http://www.vapehoneystick.com/shop/accessories/deluxe-waterproof-carrying-case.html

https://www.casesbysource.com/custom-foam-casepro-designer

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Chipkill

Oud Beginner
What labels did you apply?

I am trying to find oil proof labels/stickers that I can print on. Around the size of labels used by EO on their sample vials.

I used a friend's commercial label printer.
There are quite a few waterproof/oil proof labels available on Amazon.

Note: The ink may not be water or oil proof.

Z

Zahir

I used a friend's commercial label printer.
There are quite a few waterproof/oil proof labels available on Amazon.

Note: The ink may not be water or oil proof.

Any recommendation on making good labels that will last; NONcommercially? :confused:

Z

Zahir

I think I will go the way of option 2.

Thank you for the answer and offer of printing it for me. But I might have labels to print in the future as well; not just now. So I dont wanna be a nuance to you that way.

I finally decided on which container to store my vials.

MTM 50 Round Flip Top Rifle Ammo Box WSSM, 500 S&W

7266B98A-F4F5-479C-8779-3C88EECB087E.jpeg
33C94385-281B-460E-AB37-5C35EDC5DA6D.jpeg

The Dram Vials will fit only at the four corners, as you can see to the upper left corner, the Dram Vial that is not at the corner, will not drop all the way down.

These boxes are mainly for my limited volume vials, which are the two in the center, they nestle down leaving only the cap exposed. All my oud will be transferred into these type of vials to minimize oxidation.

The sample vials Ensar uses will fit two per square, the sample vials I use, fit only one per square.

The AA battery is there just to get an idea of the actual size of the container. When I close the lid, there is still a 10mm clearance above the AA battery.

I estimate that these 6 boxes will be enough for my collection. I got them at Amazon. The smell of the containers is minimal.....not an issue. These containers will go into a cool dark place.

Last edited: