1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Watches - Do You Guys/gals Wear Them Anymore?

Discussion in 'General' started by Andrew Salkin, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Ever since I started with oils, my Seiko automatic has been stuck in a drawer. It's actually kind of funny because I pulled it out yesterday and it was still set around the same day I got my first oil order from RPP like 5 months ago. My typical morning routine is oud on my left hand, sandalwood (or some other EO) on my right.

I purposely try to avoid rubbing my arm/wrist against anything and I'm careful putting on and taking of clothing because I've noticed the oils come off pretty easily. I stopped wearing my watch for this reason as well.

Have you guys all stopped wearing watches for the most part, too?

AbasFrag likes this.
  2. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Never , I wear my watch every day even when I’m working in the dirt at the farm! CF99B8A8-5452-4BBF-BF6C-121A59A1FFE1.jpeg

Kabir Attars, AbasFrag, sío and 6 others like this.
  3. Andrew Salkin

Wow - a stainless black Aquanaut! I guess healthcare tech is the wrong line of work...

Is that an early 2000s one?

Kabir Attars likes this.
  4. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

:O
    yea I have a few, I've had problems with all the bracelets so I've been wearing my best watch daily for about 2 months now - an Orient Star Retrograde

I like the styling except how the '31' and '1' are positioned on the day marker.

15712460936632178257582568873345.jpg

sío and EJayB like this.
  5. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

It’s the newer 5100 model

6. MrEleven1181

MrEleven1181 Oud Fan

My current watches. Been Wanting a aquanaut for a while now but the ad in my area wont even take anymore names on the waiting list and I refuse to pay gray dealer prices. Hopefully the hype dies down in a few years and i can grab one, would be the final piece for my collection.

Attached Files:

Kabir Attars and EJayB like this.
  7. Andrew Salkin

I never understood though - what's the advantage to buying one brand new anyway? I've seen older models sell for reasonable amounts (far less than retail on the newer models) online. I actually like some of the earlier releases anyway...

8. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Sometimes when demand is so high the grey market resale is at a much higher price then retail. People don’t like waiting in line and are willing to pay extra. I got mine from a friend who just didn’t like it. He gave me an honest deal.

9. Andrew Salkin

Right on. So what about something like this: https://www.thewatchbox.com/shop/4187183.html

That appears to only be about 4k over retail. It's not a total gouge...

Shameless plug for John Mayer here - but this is a pretty cool video of him talking about his collection. Giant crush on Mr. Mayer since R4S days and saw him play with just the Trio back in 2011 - incredible guitar player and watch enthusiast. The fact that he's playing with the remaining Dead members is really just the icing on the cake. Given his immense love for pretty much all things Japanese - specifically top notch clothing like Kapital and Visvim (and his penchant for expensive things in general), I've always wondered what kind of agarwood/sandalwood collection he must have (although I don't believe he's ever mentioned having an interest publically)....

EJayB likes this.
  10. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Will be seeing Mr Mayer on New Year’s!

11. Andrew Salkin

Very nice. I'll be at MSG, then Playstation for some Biscuits (don't tell anyone) :)

EJayB likes this.
  12. soulfoud

soulfoud Whats this Oud About?

I wear watches and just drop oil higher up on my forearm or on my right wrist if I'm wearing long sleeves. Stowa Flieger B dial ETA 2801 and a pair of Seiko Lord Marvels - a gold '73 5740C and a stainless '66 5740B.

EJayB likes this.
  13. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

Oud oil has had no effect on my wearing a mechanical watch (BLNR). I tend to wear oils on my knuckle or back of hand.

OudGood and EJayB like this.
  14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Eversince I’ve been using iphones, I ditched my watches.

I don’t even like Blingin’
    but crocodile agarwood beads is my thing.

I do take care not to smudge my swipe, because as Andrew stated...the oils come off pretty easily.

Andrew Salkin likes this.
  15. OudGood

OudGood True Ouddict

E4EB2D24-8E33-4685-8F45-191522261B9A.jpeg
    Hey my daily wear is BLNR too :)

Kabir Attars and EJayB like this.
  16. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Apple Watch, hooked on work out, distance stats etc...washable and replaceable/washable strap. No issues with oils...one of these days gonna try applying directly to fabric strap, see how long it smells...

17. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

not a single visible mark on your daily wear watch...! :Whistling:

18. OudGood

OudGood True Ouddict

If you see any mark on a Rolex crystal and its ceramic bezel, more likely its fake :)

Arsalan likes this.
  19. sío

sío Noudle

I've an old manual winder that was my grand-uncle's, but my wrists are quite big for a girl and the case is not deep, so it doesn't look too strange. Not that I'd mind if it did. Will be very pleased if the leather strap takes on the smell of oud.
    B11376ED-719D-4816-B201-192A20DA05D2.jpeg

soulfoud and MrEleven1181 like this.
  20. naturalpuerh

naturalpuerh Oud Fan

The principles of buying out wears: 1. the oil doesnot come out; 2. feeling comfortable

Promote Oud!