Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Foreword
As may you already know, the website is having major changes and mods are looking for the best ways to improve users' experience.
but before we add any new features, I'd like to talk about the features that we already have. to ensure all features are serving their purpose and improve/remove them if necessary.

New profile posts
If you click the "What's new" menu on the navigation, you'll see various submenus.
Original.png

New profile posts.png

In my understanding, the profile post feature is barely used because of two reasons.
first, if the user 'A' wants to have a conversation with user 'B', user 'A' can simply use the 'Conversations' feature without having to expose the conversation content publically. so here's the second reason come. it's the privacy.

As you can see from the above image, all profile posts are viewable by any member and it can feel uncomfortable, even unsecured.
if we need a profile post feature then it should be only visible to the poster and the profile owner. and visible if the profile owner agrees to make the contents visible to others. otherwise, there is no reason to have two features for one purpose, which is 'having a conversation'.

speaking of privacy, if you don't want to show your online status and current activity, you can turn off these in your account setting.
https://www.ouddict.com/account/privacy

plus, all members' activities are logged into our server and it's visible on the 'Latest Activity' page.

Latest activities.png

it'd be more appropriate to 1. show the activities of members that agreed or 2. making it only accessible to mods. so mods could investigate the data when needed.

If we remove these features then the menu would look like the below image.

Suggestion.png

Like the founding principles of Ouddict, we'd like to hear your opinions, suggestions and democratically make decisions.
if you need any other suggestions or complaints, feel free to comment down below or DM me.

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Moving Incense and Bakhoor thread to Scent of the Day

newcomers get confused with where to post their incense of the day post because Incense and Bakhoor thread is currently located in the Artisanal Perfume Topics section.

hence I'm moving Incense and Bakhoor thread to Scent of the Day/Night and changing its name into Incense Of The Day/Night. to make it more fitting and intuitive. additionally, I'm shortening the postfix 'Day/Night' into just 'Day' for all Scent of the Day threads(oud, burn, incense, attar) as well.

if you have other suggestions or opinions, leave a comment down below.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
2021-03-07

Permission​

Posting threads in the following artisan corners is only allowed to the owner(s) of the space.

Artisanal Oud Marketplace
  • Aroma Sublime
  • Al Hashimi
  • Rising Phoenix
Artisanal Perfume Marketplace
  • Elixir Attar
  • Ward Lab
  • Omani Mythical Scents

Reaction Emoji​

Reaction Emojis are now animated!

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
As some of you may already notice, we added Discord(chat-app) so everyone can have more responsive chatting with other members. you can join the live chat or video call as well if like to.

To join the server, click the link below

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
As some of you may already notice, we added Discord(chat-app) so everyone can have more responsive chatting with other members. you can join the live chat or video call as well if like to.

To join the server, click the link below
Click on it....fine.
Asks to verify with pictures and "I am not a robot".....bit just keeps going round in circles....with verification.

Mr.P

oud<3er
One suggestion: WTB / WTS posts should not allow responses and become threads. Advertisement topics should be limited to a single post and then people can respond via private message and not by long conversation threads.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
One suggestion: WTB / WTS posts should not allow responses and become threads. Advertisement topics should be limited to a single post and then people can respond via private message and not by long conversation threads.
thanks for your suggestion. we'll put it on the list. 😄

I give up trying to log into it...just keeps going round in circles for me....
that happened to me sometimes afo with other apps. that's just a bug in the spam checking app.

try clicking 'okay'(verify?) button after answering the question one or two times. it worked for me.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Patch Note - 05.07.2022
some time ago, @Tauhid Shaikh @DubOudh reported that regular users can edit messages in conversations including their own and other participants. I can't even imagine what would have happened if someone with a bad intention abused this security error.

now regular users cannot edit their own, and other participants' messages in conversations.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Recent thread List of contact information for vendors who advertise here? raised the issue of difficulties in finding information. (again)

Currently, Ouddict is structured in a way that is difficult to find the information users want because the forum started with a small user pool and needs. Ouddict has grown much more but its weak structure and design is preventing us from further growth.

One of the main reasons new members don't stick around the forum is because of this issue.

Overhaul of categorization will resolve this issue. but we need to know how you'd organize threads in a way that makes sense to you. it's because people's mental model is different, we're likely to come up with an information structure that is very different from yours without understanding how you think. aligned mental model can help us come up with a more user-friendly design.

Thus, we're recruiting 15-20 participants ranging from recently joined members to seasoned members.

We plan to send invitations to a number of members but if you wish to participate, send a direct message to @Taesik Yun

The survey will start on July 10, 2023, and end on July 24, 2023.
(the schedule will be extended if needed)

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
I mean like a story for 24hrs with photo
Same like instagram and whatsapp,
Just a thought
certainly a good idea, but we won't be able to implement that feature in the foreseeable future.
we have lots of other things to do... 😅
What about oud of the year or any other site generated promotion engagement for customer interactions.
It’s been years 🤷🏻‍♂️
🙄 you gonna need to pinch @Ouddict 's waist to hear about that.